AQA English Literature Unit 2 - Friday 22nd May

Hey Guys
For those of you doing the Unit 2 'Poetry Across Time' paper tomorrow
Please post your predictions for the CHARACTER AND VOICE poems

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have a weird feeling Les Grande Seignuers, Horse Whisperer or Case Study : Alison will come up. I wish it was clown punk though or on a portrait of a deaf man
Considering all the higher tier poems have all come up, I'm going to say My Last Duchess, Clown Punk, Hunchback or Medusa as they are all 2011/2012

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Aiah_AH
I have a weird feeling Les Grande Seignuers, Horse Whisperer or Case Study : Alison will come up. I wish it was clown punk though or on a portrait of a deaf man

Les Grand Seignuers will not come up - that was June 2014 (Last year's) about relationships. And 'On a portrait of a deaf man' was also last year's (June 2014)

I think Checking out me History and Ozymandias as its been 3 years since they've come up in 2012

With English Unit 1, Curley's wife in Of Mice and Men was last seen in 2012 and came up this year
In DNA, Phil and Leah came up in 2012 and this year it was a 'choose your own scene' question.
AQA tend to have a three year pattern

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by VivekJ555
Les Grand Seignuers will not come up - that was June 2014 (Last year's) about relationships. And 'On a portrait of a deaf man' was also last year's (June 2014)

I think Checking out me History and Ozymandias as its been 3 years since they've come up in 2012

With English Unit 1, Curley's wife in Of Mice and Men was last seen in 2012 and came up this year
In DNA, Phil and Leah came up in 2012 and this year it was a 'choose your own scene' question.
AQA tend to have a three year pattern

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, was not aware. Thanks for the info though (: Thought they hadn't come up last year, my bad.
Reply 5
😊 good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Aiah_AH
Oh wow, was not aware. Thanks for the info though (: Thought they hadn't come up last year, my bad.

No worries 😊 good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Anyone with any predications !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it true give Brandon Gallagher and the ruined maid won't come up for higher tier
Reply 9
These ideas about
Give, Brendon G, and the ruined maid being foundation tier poems are false
Yes, these were once foundation poems that were only asked in foundation tier examinations, however, in 2011 AQA changed their specification
All poems can be asked in the higher tier exam - yes, it is unlikely the question will state the poems above, but you can easily compare these poems with the poem given.
Do revise them, you may wish to write about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
conflict cluster?
Reply 11
Character and Voice

Posted from TSR Mobile
i would be happy if give, medusa or the river god came up. i hate most of the other poems :/
does anyone have any ideas what will come up for relationships
Reply 14
Original post by alicehawke
does anyone have any ideas what will come up for relationships

To his coy mistress
Brothers
Sister maude
In Paris with you
Have not come up yet, so I'm thinking one of these
Also nettles and the manhunt have not come up since 2011...
conflict?
Reply 16
Guys how are you meant to structure the first question in the English exam tomorrow? Do you have to write maybe 2 paragraphs for each poem and make either a link between each one or a difference? And do you write about form and structure? I'm a bit stuck...
Reply 17
Original post by jamjamstap
conflict?

Belfast confetti hasn't been on either higher or foundation in the last 3 years and flag hasn't been in in a while
Introduction
compare ideas in the poem
language
structure
conclusion
Reply 19
How did it go everyone??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending