The Student Room Group

Biology AS AQA

Scroll to see replies

so in december we did a mock at college an i got a low U, I've been doing lots of revision working my way up to Cs and this past month I've been getting Bs and As, I've just completed last years paper and i got an A!! it really does show that revision pays off!!
Original post by zoe.imogen
Lucky! I'm proper stressing out now😫
haha I'm doing a past paper now, I'm pretty stressed overall too
Reply 42
I know all the facts but I struggle with answering the more common sense questions, like about correlation in graphs. I always end up barking up the wrong tree. Any tips?
Original post by SLRR
I know all the facts but I struggle with answering the more common sense questions, like about correlation in graphs. I always end up barking up the wrong tree. Any tips?

I am the EXACT same, on the 2014 paper there was barely any common sense questions and I got an A but on one paper there was tonnes of it and I got a U. It may be too late because the exam is today but look over every mark scheme because the exact same questions come up, just in different contexts but the marking points are the same. Just memorise the marking points and you should be fine:smile:. Eg the one where it asks to evaluate the conclusion from the graph 1)state the correlation. 2)mention that it's an association not a causation due to extraneous variables then give an example eg age. 3)give evidence for where it goes against the correlation eg say if it was age on X axis and death rate from cancer in the Y axis, there could be 2 points on the same age but a hugely different death rate.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 44
That went soooo **** :frown:((((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tay22
That went soooo **** :frown:((((

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed, it was horrid :frown:
Reply 46
That was awful, what did you guys put for the whooping cough questions?
Well that could not have gone any worse
Reply 48
That was really, really, really terrible. Could not have gone worse for me. Forgot how to do the magnification questions and also lost all 3 marks on the lactase milk question.

I mean, the paper was practically all application of knowledge! SO MUCH REVISION WASTED.
That was by far the hardest unit 1 paper I've ever done
I felt that the two 5 mark questions at the end were really generous .
Reply 51
Original post by kalvin689
I felt that the two 5 mark questions at the end were really generous .

The only good part for me. I suppose it was the counter the rest of the awful paper.
How did you guys find it
I thought it went pretty well tbh
Reply 54
easy
Reply 55
Original post by Remne
That was really, really, really terrible. Could not have gone worse for me. Forgot how to do the magnification questions and also lost all 3 marks on the lactase milk question.

I mean, the paper was practically all application of knowledge! SO MUCH REVISION WASTED.

AGREED!!! Unit one should be lungs and heart!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was hard on the paper?
the lactose beads one made me think and the one where it said how do LDLs enter the liver apart from that alright
What do people reckon grade boundaries will be? I reckon 47 for an A. Thought there was too much HSW and that made it hard!
47 nice I'm pretty happy with that what do you reckon the cap will be (Max UMS cap)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending