The Student Room Group

AS Biology Edexcel IAL Unit 1 & 2 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by rawanhaak
NOTHING. Nothing more than distole have less effect on the rate than systole .nothing else that would make sense for a normal human's brain. Timing problem

IKR. No time. I left out a 3 mark question. Worst paper I've written as of yet.
Reply 81
I barely finish the paper. Overall it was a nice paper , you know lots of carbohydrate stuff which is always nice and easy. But the last question was a bit odd.
Original post by Sal296
IKR. No time. I left out a 3 mark question. Worst paper I've written as of yet.

And I thought June 2014 was bad. The caffeine thingy, the whole last page. Plus the 190 cm women. whAT WAS THAAT
Reply 83
What did you guys put for the number of correct evaluations question, you zero or one or two or three?
Original post by iSL97
What did you guys put for the number of correct evaluations question, you zero or one or two or three?

One :/ because i think the products of carrot may contain catalase. Consider the juice extracted
Reply 85
yes i put one also
Original post by A84
yes i put one also

Last two questions of caffeine?? And 190 cm women x_x?
Reply 87
last 2... for reliability i wrote to repeat the expeirment, take averages, make sure human reaction time does occur etc
then next one improvements i said use other stuff like water and some other caffeintaed drinks and then plot the graph etc

what about u??

what was 190 cm women/? there was no specific height we had to use!!
One :/ because i think the products of carrot may contain catalase. Consider the juice extracted

i chose 1 too.. What did u write for the last question about cf 😩
Original post by A84
last 2... for reliability i wrote to repeat the expeirment, take averages, make sure human reaction time does occur etc
then next one improvements i said use other stuff like water and some other caffeintaed drinks and then plot the graph etc

what about u??

what was 190 cm women/? there was no specific height we had to use!!

For the first i did the same ,but the second though? he needed an Explanation?.-. I wrote age because age increase, heart rate decrease. Gendre because male more than female and i did wrote a graph but removed iT. If he is taking an average then there is actually one point, so i added same conc and volume of the drink.. This had no direct effect to caffeine, tbh. I did not have the time to think about it. Plus he did ask how can he include 190 women to the graph?._.
Last two questions of caffeine?? And 190 cm women x_x?

can u please remind me of the 190 cm for women so that i can tell u my answer to check it with u
Original post by iSL97
I barely finish the paper. Overall it was a nice paper , you know lots of carbohydrate stuff which is always nice and easy. But the last question was a bit odd.

what did u write for the reason we need to have different enzymes for formation of different carbohydrates
Reply 92
for last question on CF:

- CF is caused by a mutation to the CFTR protein - this is a channel protein which allows charged chloride ions to move out of the cell and into mucus via osmosis hence making mucus less sticky.

-Therefore CF sufferers will have thick sticky mucus in their airways - the cilia won't be able to move very freely and the respiratory system will suffer as a result of the build up in mucus, hence less oxygen and at a slower rate would be able to be breathed out

said some other stuff can't remember exactly
Original post by Lama1847
what did u write for the reason we need to have different enzymes for formation of different carbohydrates

Enzymes have active site that makes them specific to one substrate. Carbohydrates have different shapes so more than one enzyme is needed for each substrate (one carbohydrates)
Original post by AJC1997
for last question on CF:

- CF is caused by a mutation to the CFTR protein - this is a channel protein which allows charged chloride ions to move out of the cell and into mucus via osmosis hence making mucus less sticky.

-Therefore CF sufferers will have thick sticky mucus in their airways - the cilia won't be able to move very freely and the respiratory system will suffer as a result of the build up in mucus, hence less oxygen and at a slower rate would be able to be breathed out

said some other stuff can't remember exactly

Or because it blocks the bronchi so less volume of air can pass out?
Original post by Lama1847
can u please remind me of the 190 cm for women so that i can tell u my answer to check it with u

He asked how to include women of 190 cm or something x_x last question on this page before cystic f.
Guys what about the 3 mark question about how to calculate mean and also the reliability and improvement part?? And the one on how parents could calculate the probability of their child having the disease? Do we need to draw a genetic cross diagram?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 97
wasnt the 190cm question just asking 'what results would you expect for women with a height of 190cm?'

so just a similar trend to the 190cm for men - the peak rate would be greater than for 175cm/160cm women by a similar intervel to the increase from 160-175cm women?
He asked how to include women of 190 cm or something x_x last question on this page before cystic f.

They asked how a graoh of women of 190 cm would look like! I wrote it will be lower than that of men with 160but higher than rest of the 2 female groups..
Original post by Mushi123
They asked how a graoh of women of 190 cm would look like! I wrote it will be lower than that of men with 160but higher than rest of the 2 female groups..

I misread the question. dammit.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending