The Student Room Group

WJEC AS French FN2 21/05/2015

Scroll to see replies

Hope you all did well on the exam :smile:
I thought it was ok, better than last year's (i'm re-sitting to hopefully get an A)
I got a bit confused on the listening for the statement "le cannabis peut mener a la mort" i didnt know whether she was saying cannabis leads TO death or can cause you to kill someone. And i couldnt for the life of me think of an idiomic expression for "bon an mal an" so literally translated it good year bad year haha. Also remembered i wrote something partly english in my essay *facepalm*
Reply 61
I found the age part on question 1 hard. I wrote 13 but heard 17. Guess!
Reply 62
I put that as true as it could lead to fatalities due to car accidents. It was vague, I know.
Original post by virois
I found the exam ok, but I realised after the exam that I also spelt professionnel wrong. How strict are the WJEC on this? How did you all find question 1? I had 3 vrai and 5 faux.

Ooh only had two but got really confused with the cannabis peut mener a la mort statement..
Which ones did you tick as vrai?
I never did any preparation for either FN1or FN2 so if I don't do well I can't complain. I think it went okay though. I did the fashion essay, the only one I felt I could write about.

On the reading questions I did really bad like why was Marsailles (can't spell it) important, I just couldn't figure out what to write.
Original post by beyknowles
I never did any preparation for either FN1or FN2 so if I don't do well I can't complain. I think it went okay though. I did the fashion essay, the only one I felt I could write about.

On the reading questions I did really bad like why was Marsailles (can't spell it) important, I just couldn't figure out what to write.

For that question i put: Marseille est devenu la capitale of whatever it was aha i can't remember now
Original post by claudiaelli
For that question i put: Marseille est devenu la capitale of whatever it was aha i can't remember now

I wrote something similar, I think I wrote Marseille était nommée la capitale whatever
Original post by virois
I put that as true as it could lead to fatalities due to car accidents. It was vague, I know.

I ticked vrai after crossing it off twice in the end haha. Ahh she said 17 for heroin and 13 for cannabis
Reply 68
Ah, ok. So 13 is right then?
Original post by cforcoldplay
I ticked vrai after crossing it off twice in the end haha. Ahh she said 17 for heroin and 13 for cannabis

what did you put for the reading comprehension about the look of the men and women for the interview?
Original post by virois
Ah, ok. So 13 is right then?

13 is right yeah (treize)
Reply 71
Original post by cforcoldplay
Ooh only had two but got really confused with the cannabis peut mener a la mort statement..
Which ones did you tick as vrai?

Trying to remember.... I said that it affecting personal relationships was true, definitely. I'll try to remember the other 2. I may be wrong. It was a hard listening section.
Reply 72
I know I wrote false for the first one ... wrote something like, les drogues peuvent etre fabriques par les pharmaciens.... couldn't think of another work for chimistes(sp?)
Reply 73
what did you put for the reading comprehension about the look of the men and women for the interview?

I found it almost impossible not to copy from the text here. Couldn't for the life of me think of another word for "jupe" and "chaussures"!! ;0
Original post by virois
I found it almost impossible not to copy from the text here. Couldn't for the life of me think of another word for "jupe" and "chaussures"!! ;0

i think you would be allowed to lift jupe and chaussures from the text, i just changed the sentence slightly by putting,'ils portent...'
Reply 75
i think you would be allowed to lift jupe and chaussures from the text, i just changed the sentence slightly by putting,'ils portent...'

That makes me feel much better. I found the translations fine and the gap fill. Changed the last word in the last couple of minutes at the end though, and still not sure if it's right. It's awful trying to think about the marks I've lost. If I get an A or B in the oral, how do you work out how many marks you need to get a A or B overall? They only provide grade boundaries for each unit.
Original post by virois
That makes me feel much better. I found the translations fine and the gap fill. Changed the last word in the last couple of minutes at the end though, and still not sure if it's right. It's awful trying to think about the marks I've lost. If I get an A or B in the oral, how do you work out how many marks you need to get a A or B overall? They only provide grade boundaries for each unit.

you can look on this and find the raw marks with ums for FN2 and FN1 https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx
Reply 77

I didn't even write that, I just wrote for women in look elegance and for men in look... Forgot
What did you write for the Cv questions?
Original post by llik
I didn't even write that, I just wrote for women in look elegance and for men in look... Forgot
What did you write for the Cv questions?

I put that something about preparer une presentation, reading a magazine before the interview, telephone to them if you're going to be late to warn them, there was something about an example of arrogance and i put something about taking notes during the interview,
Reply 79
I put that something about preparer une presentation, reading a magazine before the interview, telephone to them if you're going to be late to warn them, there was something about an example of arrogance and i put something about taking notes during the interview,

wrote them you had to- se reinseigner de business et sa culture
Read magasin if early and can call if your late
For the arrogance question I said me croissant pas les bras

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending