The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boods8897
Who else resat it? I thought it was quite good, but that was in comparison to A2 papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also resat the paper today I found it much easier than last year, probably cause I've improved a lot in a year. I forgot what some phrases meant in the listening like "mettre en colere" but overall I think I did okay. What essay did you choose to do? I chose the one about advantages of sport.
Original post by Jihaleh
It was just generally advice for telling parents you're going out/making plans

Cool, that's what I got too.
All the questions in listening except for the Valerie one was meant to be in English or what?
Original post by Shayminfan191
do you guys know how much the speaking grade can bring up your grade for the written, say for example if i got a F in written and B in speaking?

If you got a B in the speaking then you should pass. I doubt you got an F unless you literally didn't answer a lot of questions.
Besides my exam went terrible last year and I ran out of time and got an E. luckily I got a C in the speaking and so got a High D overall, and now doing A2 I've got so much better and find As much easier it's worth carrying it on, languages are the best!

Back to my point, if you got a B on speaking you'll get at least a D
How many marks would I lose for the last question for saying the pressure in the atria decreases in atrial systole (basically the wrong way round for each process)
Original post by katebeckett
All the questions in listening except for the Valerie one was meant to be in English or what?

First two questions (or something like that) in English, all the rest in French. The answers are supposed to be in the same language as the questions.
Original post by Yasinkk
How many marks would I lose for the last question for saying the pressure in the atria decreases in atrial systole (basically the wrong way round for each process)

You'd lose all the marks because of writing biology on a French paper :wink:
On the listening question about casting, would it have been ok that I put "Be angry" etc. and not "Act angry".

Also, I found this exam pretty easy compared to last year's exam. However, maybe that's because I resat so had a year's extra knowledge. I hated last year's exam so much, and though that everyone would say that this one was much easier, surprised that people said the opposite.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone, (or any teaches) made like a mark scheme for this paper??? or anyone have the paper (teacher)
Original post by Toby912
Has anyone, (or any teaches) made like a mark scheme for this paper??? or anyone have the paper (teacher)

Teachers don't see the paper.
Reply 410
Original post by akoorlander
I wasn't sure whether to put espionage or police because it said something about l'ordre public but it also mentioned that they were hiding!

What did people get for that one?

I think it was police because I heard her say something about the murder of his children, but thinking about it, it could still be either. :confused:
Did anyone put permis ???
The listening was horrible! They usually say more than the amount of things you need to write but this time it seemed like if a Q was 3 marks, they only said 3 things etc? Also I didn't even realise Valerie had made ANY points and it was over !

Thank god for the sport question though, went all out (1hour5min) on it and hoping for 33 or 34 - I even got to write a paragraph about neoliberalism :biggrin:

Hoping around 85 for an A
[QUOTE=Amyjonesx;56077181]Did anyone put permis ???

I did :smile:
Original post by Patrick2810
The listening was horrible! They usually say more than the amount of things you need to write but this time it seemed like if a Q was 3 marks, they only said 3 things etc? Also I didn't even realise Valerie had made ANY points and it was over !

I agree, they definitely upped the difficulty level this year for AS (speaking as an A2 student) and I dread to think what they've been doing to the A2 exam!
Original post by student0042
Looking at the GCSE specification, it turns out we should have know the "common abbreviation" of SDF.

SDF did come up in the June 2013 GCSE paper, I remember discovering its meaning the night before the exam :tongue:

Original post by Amyjonesx
Did anyone put permis ???

I did too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by James255
On the listening question about casting, would it have been ok that I put "Be angry" etc. and not "Act angry".

Also, I found this exam pretty easy compared to last year's exam. However, maybe that's because I resat so had a year's extra knowledge. I hated last year's exam so much, and though that everyone would say that this one was much easier, surprised that people said the opposite.

I think you'd get it, they'll probably just be looking for the word 'angry'

I didn't resit but found the exam pretty good, so I was really surprised that everyone else didn't :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elegantbubbles
I also resat the paper today I found it much easier than last year, probably cause I've improved a lot in a year. I forgot what some phrases meant in the listening like "mettre en colere" but overall I think I did okay. What essay did you choose to do? I chose the one about advantages of sport.

i had actually more revised publicity, but then I saw the question on Sport and it was such a Godsend! Had to do the Sport one as it was far and away the easiest of the three ( as far as I was concerned at least!)
Overall my essay was good and I conluded. However I wrote one point/ half additional paragraph and ran out of time in the middle (once I'd sort of finished) and so I had to leave it in mid-sentence and couldn't develop the point.

Do you think this paragraph would make me loose marks for structure? If I hadn't written it would I have done etter?
Original post by Nijuuninichi
Really?! Uh oh. I've never heard of that rule.

but then it said ''pour que l'enfant'' so I put a subjunctive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending