The Student Room Group

Scly2 education and research methods?

How did people find today's sociology exam? As level, education and research
Reply 1
Not good I misread social groups for social class, btw would you need to put the perspectives in for the government policies question? So what Marxist, functionist think...
Original post by Aneesat
Not good I misread social groups for social class, btw would you need to put the perspectives in for the government policies question? So what Marxist, functionist think...

I didn't know what I meant by social groups and yeah I put new right in so I don't see why not
Reply 3
Original post by shannonbootexx
I didn't know what I meant by social groups and yeah I put new right in so I don't see why not

isn't social group social class? ?: O
Original post by anilmg98
isn't social group social class? ?: O

That's what I put!
Reply 5
[QUOTE=shannonbootexx;56082091]That's what I put!

yh it must be tbe same because social group means people who have tbe same characteristics so it probably was talking about middle and working class pupils...
Reply 6
Isn't social groups ethnicity gender and class
Original post by Aneesat
Isn't social groups ethnicity gender and class

Yeah it is, they are the social groups and social class is one of them
Which methods did you guys choose for the first first methods question ? And also the methods 20 marker was a bit weird, what limitations did you come up with ?
Reply 9
Original post by MaryanOsman
Yeah it is, they are the social groups and social class is one of them

omg does that mean i would loose a lot of marks because i only included social class ?
omg does that mean i would loose a lot of marks because i only included social class ?

I think you might but tbh I don't do education but social groups questions come up in heath and unit 1 culture and identity a lot so I've done a of them
Reply 11
It could have been a lot worse, but I got so thrown off by question 5, like I just didn't know enough content to answer the question as a 20 marker oops. Oh well, results day will be interesting. :redface:
Original post by shannonbootexx
That's what I put!

do u know how many marks u would loose :'(
do u know how many marks u would loose :'(

Not many, if your essay is really good you should get high marks but it'll limit you from getting more than 16 ishh i think,

I did the opposite, i used all the groups but i stupidly forgot to even say the word Marxists or feminists once even though i said the sociologists names, i just assumed the examiner should know what perspective they were :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest