The Student Room Group

Law AS LEVEL 22nd May AQA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neal95
lol you only need to know 3 of the topics

i guess its do able and it just means including lots of detail but being concise and ensuirng to put the relevant case authority in, esoecially for the delegated legislation and judicial precedent bits.

I've been doing past papers all night and ill get majority of it right and ill write something else down that my lecturer says is right but isn't in the exam mark scheme so i don't know whether to put that or learn something else to put instead
Original post by ShanLouise1997
I've been doing past papers all night and ill get majority of it right and ill write something else down that my lecturer says is right but isn't in the exam mark scheme so i don't know whether to put that or learn something else to put instead

I would include it but mention it very briefly so as not to veer too much from what they want to see
Original post by neal95
I would include it but mention it very briefly so as not to veer too much from what they want to see

Okay well i've been looking at the mark schemes and for majority of questions, they say they wants 3 things from mark scheme that are developed with examples to get 8-10 marks
Okay well i've been looking at the mark schemes and for majority of questions, they say they wants 3 things from mark scheme that are developed with examples to get 8-10 marks

Yup so for ultra votes it's procedural substantive and unreasonableness but you can get sound with 2 points for example
So if it asked me to discuss the advantages and disadvantages for Tribunals, how many of each would I write? Also, how many would I write if the question was only asking for advantages or disadvantages?
What are the 10 topics? I've got down that there's 3 big ones with 2/3 subcategories

People within legal system
1- Juries
2- Magistrates
3- Solicitors/Barristers

Civil process
1- Civil courts
2- ADR

The machinery of justice
1- Police powers
2- Bail
3- Criminal courts
4- Appeals from criminal courts
5- Sentencing
Guys I have only learned law commission and pressure groups as an influence on parliament, would I need to know political influence and media? Also do you need to use examples in every question? Like for some questions e.g. Ads and dis of parliamentary law making it's difficult.
What are your predictions for Statutory Interpretation and Lay People?

Cheers
Are tribunals binding?
anyone planning on doing both Parts of section A and then section B or are you gonna do section A then B then A again? lol
Likelihood of rules of language coming up?
Could presumptions come up?
Any Predictions for Parliamentary Law Making? This is my least favourite topic. :angry:
Can anyone take a guess as to what questions may come up for parliamentary law making? I doubt it'll be any of the influences as they cropped up last year and the year before?
Original post by bluemonkey100
Any Predictions for Parliamentary Law Making? This is my least favourite topic. :angry:
my bet is that parliamentary supremacy, adv/disadv of PLM and green/white papers with process of HoL(or) HoC with 5 marks on each section will come up tomorrow
Original post by Evafrancesca
Likelihood of rules of language coming up?

Golden rule or literal rule. Plus intrinsic/extrinsic aids. Plus rules of language.
Can someone briefly explain the main points on Media as an influence on PLM, I can't seem to find my notes on it.
When can you appeal to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court? (criminal courts and lay people)

-I think the SC is when it is a matter of public importance.
Which specific rules of language are you thinking? E.g Ejusdem generis
Thanks
Original post by Evafrancesca
Which specific rules of language are you thinking? E.g Ejusdem generis
Thanks

Doubt they'll come up but if they do you will probably only have to pick one and explain it.

Quick Reply

Latest