The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nijuuninichi
Why are new university students so stressed? Give three details.
They have to get used to the larger classes

They have to deal with the expectations of their parents

They have to get used to new style of studying

Right???

What are the symptoms of stress? Give three details?

Get angry easily

I've forgotten...

Why should you avoid cigarettes? Three reasons (I think)

Completely forgotten. Something about vitamins? I probably did it wrong in the exam. :s-smilie:

What can you do to reduce stress? Three ways.

Read a good book

Do physical activity

Laugh

You had to answer that question in French!! The questions were in French too!
The exam was a tough one - a lot tougher than the past papers I'd done in preparation. The first question on reality TV casting was horrible - what an awful way to start an exam!

Original post by finisher489
but then it said ''pour que l'enfant'' so I put a subjunctive

I put subjunctive as well for this.

The essays were nice though - I predicted that sport and advertising would come up! However I ran out of time and had to rush - didn't get time to read over my work at the end :/
Original post by boods8897
i had actually more revised publicity, but then I saw the question on Sport and it was such a Godsend! Had to do the Sport one as it was far and away the easiest of the three ( as far as I was concerned at least!)

Yeahh I was very happy when I saw the question I'd just written a plan for a similar essay a couple days ago so that was quite convenient for me. XD
You had to answer that question in French!! The questions were in French too!

I think they know, they're just putting down what they remember in English because it's easier than trying to remember the French for it.
I did the 2014 paper last year and ended up scraping an A...This paper was far nicer, hoping my UMS goes up as I'm finding A2 very difficult!
Found the "permise" in the grammar section rather cheeky... but maybe I've got that wrong haha
Original post by zintanax
Found the "permise" in the grammar section rather cheeky... but maybe I've got that wrong haha

I said ''permis''.
Original post by zintanax

Fairly sure it was permis?
Reply 428
If my speaking and essay went quite well, how well do i have to do in the listening and reading to get an A? I found the reading ok but the listening was hell so not feeling very optimistic
I said ''permis''.

Original post by georgeball11
Fairly sure it was permis?

Thats what I thought first but the person who said it was "elle" as it said at the end "dit-elle" and the phrase was something like "m'ont _____" so the m would be an object but I don't know if that's right. Just something I read about object agreement in past tense
Did it say in the passage that SDF meant sans domicile fixe or were we just supposed to guess? Did anyone actually know what it meant?!
Reply 431
This was such a hard exam!!! I don't think I did very well except from the essay part 😭😭😭
Did it say in the passage that SDF meant sans domicile fixe or were we just supposed to guess? Did anyone actually know what it meant?!

It didn't say. It comes up a lot at a2 which is how I knew it, but someone on this thread said apparently it counts as GCSE vocab.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also did people say that Claude approved/disapproved of MC Cool's (smh) interpretation of his song? I couldn't tell if it was a failed attempt from AQA at trying to be droll or not. The festivals question was personally crafted by satan
Original post by boods8897
It didn't say. It comes up a lot at a2 which is how I knew it, but someone on this thread said apparently it counts as GCSE vocab.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah. I did CIE GCSE French which'll be why I didn't know it. Thanks AQA
Also did people say that Claude approved/disapproved of MC Cool's (smh) interpretation of his song? I couldn't tell if it was a failed attempt from AQA at trying to be droll or not. The festivals question was personally crafted by satan

This threw me off too, but my brother (he was also retaking) said that the question said 'would he approve' and since the text said that he probably wouldn't have liked it at all I think the answer would have been false.
(edited 8 years ago)

Oh my gosh I forgot about that! I didn't know what to put so I guessed that he disapproved because they said "Pauvre Claude". The rest of that sentence just didn't make sense to me. :frown:
Overall my essay was good and I conluded. However I wrote one point/ half additional paragraph and ran out of time in the middle (once I'd sort of finished) and so I had to leave it in mid-sentence and couldn't develop the point.

Do you think this paragraph would make me loose marks for structure? If I hadn't written it would I have done etter?
Original post by Toby912
Overall my essay was good and I conluded. However I wrote one point/ half additional paragraph and ran out of time in the middle (once I'd sort of finished) and so I had to leave it in mid-sentence and couldn't develop the point.

Do you think this paragraph would make me loose marks for structure? If I hadn't written it would I have done etter?

I think it's better that you included it as it would probably go towards your content mark.
Original post by Toby912

You might lose content marks. AQA demands that for full content marks that 'The candidate answersthe question fully and maintains a clear sense of direction', so I could see you losing a mark or two for content at the worst.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending