The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy20002012
I would have thought you had to do something like that, I think because it said diameter it kind of confused me!! :smile: thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries. Yeah i know. If the diameter is doubled then the radius is also doubled :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1721
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
So you will be fine for your physics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've 4 in the week of PHYA4 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I've 4 in the week of PHYA4 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's gone for both of us lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1723
It's gone for both of us lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! I'm worried for PHYA5 more than PHYA4 to be honest! The MC is the best part of both papers haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Haha! I'm worried for PHYA5 more than PHYA4 to be honest! The MC is the best part of both papers haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, phy4 is cool. Why are you worried for phy5?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1725
True, phy4 is cool. Why are you worried for phy5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just I find the content to be harder to gain marks on/less repetitive, and the lack of past papers makes me anxious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Just I find the content to be harder to gain marks on/less repetitive, and the lack of past papers makes me anxious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which part of phy5 do you find the most harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1727
Which part of phy5 do you find the most harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally, the storage and disposal of nuclear waste. Glad it came up last year as its less likely to be a six marker this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Personally, the storage and disposal of nuclear waste. Glad it came up last year as its less likely to be a six marker this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. When it comes to learning about those things physics becomes environmental studies lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1729
What have you guys been averaging on the multiple choice? Did my first 2 practice papers for the multiple choice LOL and I got 17/25 for 2014, then 20/25 for june 2013
Reply 1730
True. When it comes to learning about those things physics becomes environmental studies lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just have retained so little from it. Cooling ponds, vitrification etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I just have retained so little from it. Cooling ponds, vitrification etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need to go over them, I have read them only once

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RA95
What have you guys been averaging on the multiple choice? Did my first 2 practice papers for the multiple choice LOL and I got 17/25 for 2014, then 20/25 for june 2013

I will start from tomorrow. It's very nice when you do the whole day past papers and nothing else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1733
Original post by RA95

Averaging about 22-23 on recent ones. Wanna get around 23-24 on the real thing hopefully as I tend to muck up the written.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1734
Original post by CD223
Averaging about 22-23 on recent ones. Wanna get around 23-24 on the real thing hopefully as I tend to muck up the written.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that your 1st attempt on each?

I will start from tomorrow. It's very nice when you do the whole day past papers and nothing else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep it is
Reply 1735
Original post by RA95
Is that your 1st attempt on each?

Starting on the 2010 papers and working towards the 2013/14 ones, yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have last years ISA 6T as got it in Preperation for the ISA this year by my teacher and remember there was a good circular motion question but it's not on the aqa website which is kinda weird, maybe it is a similar one that is in this years paper lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have last years ISA 6T as got it in Preperation for the ISA this year by my teacher and remember there was a good circular motion question but it's not on the aqa website which is kinda weird, maybe it is a similar one that is in this years paper lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've seen that question, i uploaded the paper on here actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I've seen that question, i uploaded the paper on here actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really, could you upload it again or link me to the page your uploaded to. Thanks. They have not done circular motion, momentum, transformers and E.M Induction in a while so hoping these topics are kinda certain to come up in section B I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really, could you upload it again or link me to the page your uploaded to. Thanks. They have not done circular motion, momentum, transformers and E.M Induction in a while so hoping these topics are kinda certain to come up in section B I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but there wasn't anything on transformers and E.M though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending