The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
Once again, you can't blame the Newcastle fans for the state of their club. They've been one of the top supported clubs for years & years which says a lot considering Cashley is more than happy to sit in 17th & take them as far as the dizzying heights of the 3rd round of the cups. Of course they're going to bang on about what a big club they are, what else do they have to shout about?

Aside from the odd retard in every fan base (thinking of that horse punching Geordie), St. James Park certainly is more electric than the Emirates, the Etihad & WHL.

Don't really think I can add much to that - excellent post.
Speaking about Newcastle fans, the way they treated Pardew when he was in charge was pretty contemptible, he was really just the middle man and they seized on him for that. Mind you, I bet they wish he was back now.
I reckon we should start Walcott up top next game, our front line is just too sluggish when we have Giroud AND Ramsey there.
Lol though, it's as if all of our attackers are scared to just shoot, all that tippy tappy, slow passing round the box is not doing us any favours these days, evident from our last three home games. Not every goal has to be like Wilshere's one at Norwich ffs. I know it's the 'Arsenal' way but cooomee on, be more direct when it ain't working.

Original post by Hatau24
Speaking about Newcastle fans, the way they treated Pardew when he was in charge was pretty contemptible, he was really just the middle man and they seized on him for that. Mind you, I bet they wish he was back now.

Exactly :rolleyes:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Lol though, it's as if all of our attackers are scared to just shoot, all that tippy tappy, slow passing round the box is not doing us any favours these days, evident from our last three home games. Not every goal has to be like Wilshere's one at Norwich ffs. I know it's the 'Arsenal' way but cooomee on, be more direct when it ain't working.

Exactly :rolleyes:

The only ones willing to shoot are either out/not played (Ox, Rosicky) or have become awful at it (Ramsey, Cazorla).
You say that but Alexis was shooting yesterday (just not very well though) and so was Ozil (definitely not very well). Tbf, it's always gonna be hard to create chances against a team with 10 men permanently behind the ball, playing desperately for a draw to secure their premier league place, in the penultimate game of the season. If it meant anything to our position, I'd probably be more disappointed, but a draw all but secures our position anyway.
Reply 566
Tbh it's hard to find the motivation when there's nothing left to play for. Can't really blame the side as we have been due a dip of form but better it's come at the right time instead of costing us our position.
Reply 567
Also anyone going to the Cup final screening?
Original post by RA95
Also anyone going to the Cup final screening?

It's £5, right?
Reply 569
Original post by Arkasia
It's £5, right?

Yeah
Original post by RA95
Tbh it's hard to find the motivation when there's nothing left to play for. Can't really blame the side as we have been due a dip of form but better it's come at the right time instead of costing us our position.

that's the thing - your dip of form doesn't matter.
ours did and it ruined our season.
Original post by RA95
Yeah

It's tempting tbh, you going?
Reply 572
Original post by Arkasia
It's tempting tbh, you going?

yh I mean its £5 better spent then wasting and I'm not really a pub guy so I'm contemplating it. Beats cheering on my own at home lel
£5 to see Arsenal get beat in a final. :u:

inb4 'are you even in the final':frown:
going to miss the final.. for the 2nd year in a row.

2 years, 2 finals, both missed... great.

Last years was due to a wedding, and this year it will be on the first weekend that I will have been with my wife in 3.5 months, so yeah, priorities and all
Reply 575
Original post by Rk2k14
£5 to see Arsenal get beat in a final. :u:

inb4 'are you even in the final':frown:

Yh I have a feeling we're losing
Original post by RA95
yh I mean its £5 better spent then wasting and I'm not really a pub guy so I'm contemplating it. Beats cheering on my own at home lel

Did you go last year?
Reply 577
Original post by Lúcio
that's the thing - your dip of form doesn't matter.
ours did and it ruined our season.

You still had chance to finish top 4

Original post by Arkasia
Did you go last year?

Nah I had to do maths and came home in time for 2nd half :biggrin:
Original post by RA95
You still had chance to finish top 4

Nah I had to do maths and came home in time for 2nd half :biggrin:

Ah right, well I'm sure you'll have a great time this year (unless we lose).

Latest