The Student Room Group

Any predictions for Health??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What did you all think. Generally I liked the paper apart from problems of official statistics I could hardly think of any.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by dmet
What did you all think. Generally I liked the paper apart from problems of official statistics I could hardly think of any.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome paper! Even better than Unit 1. I thought the Health questions were great. The methods in context was easy, but the research methods ehh. You can't say much with official statistics. I forgot to mention a few theorists, I just discussed their reliability and validity and used a few examples. I wish I revised for research methods properly but I'm pretty confident I did well and made up for my mediocre performance in Unit 1. I think I also spent too much time on the 12 mark mental illness question, there was more to write about than the social class inequalities.

How did you find it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Think the exam went okay, apart from the question on statistics. There are just more strengths for that RM than there are limitations or problems... I used Durkheim's study on suicide to highlight that people's definition of something can vary, not sure that's okay... I also think I should've spent more time studying the methods.

For cultural factors, is there anything I should've said apart from alcohol and smoking, diet, exercise, risk taking behaviour? Drugs occured to me on my way home.
Reply 43
I dont think so thats all I put. Although I didnt have any evidence for official statistics it was a tough question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dmet
I dont think so thats all I put. Although I didnt have any evidence for official statistics it was a tough question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a bit tough. It appeared back in 2012 (I think) but I can't find the essay to see what I wrote when I did it.

Do we think the grade boundaries may be higher than last year?
Reply 45
Advantages came up in 2012, now that would have been a better essay.

Im hoping lower due to that question its got to be one of the most difficult questions they could have asked. Although the rest of the paper was quite reasonable .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dmet
Advantages came up in 2012, now that would have been a better essay.

Im hoping lower due to that question its got to be one of the most difficult questions they could have asked. Although the rest of the paper was quite reasonable .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, yeah that would've been better.

I'm not sure about lower tbh because the rest of the paper was okay. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
Reply 47
Original post by mogwai98
Think the exam went okay, apart from the question on statistics. There are just more strengths for that RM than there are limitations or problems... I used Durkheim's study on suicide to highlight that people's definition of something can vary, not sure that's okay... I also think I should've spent more time studying the methods.

For cultural factors, is there anything I should've said apart from alcohol and smoking, diet, exercise, risk taking behaviour? Drugs occured to me on my way home.

Did you not mention the Materialistic/Structural factors? What about the Artefact Approach? I mentioned both of those and discussed the Black Report, Paterson's theory on capitalism and how it exploits the working class' economic deprivation by aggressively marketing fast food, promoting obesity, high morbidity rates, heart disease etc. I also mentioned the inverse care law and the inequalities and differences between the classes. It was pretty easy!
Original post by jakepro94
Did you not mention the Materialistic/Structural factors? What about the Artefact Approach? I mentioned both of those and discussed the Black Report, Paterson's theory on capitalism and how it exploits the working class' economic deprivation by aggressively marketing fast food, promoting obesity, high morbidity rates, heart disease etc. I also mentioned the inverse care law and the inequalities and differences between the classes. It was pretty easy!

I used other factors to evaluate the cultural explanation, yeah. So higher morbidity/mortality rates could be due to an unhealthy diet, but that's because of stress due to low income, etc.
Damn, I forgot to mention the inverse care law though. How could I forget that? Kicking myself now.
Reply 49
Oh dear I thought I had done well but you have included stuff I knew, cant believe I didn't think of them at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dmet
Oh dear I thought I had done well but you have included stuff I knew, cant believe I didn't think of them at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's little point worrying about it now (ha! says me...)... but yeah, think about your other subjects instead :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending