The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Could someone explanthe differentforces please in detail
Original post by nishofficial
Thanks, yeah Im going through that paper right now do you think it was an easy paper?

im stuck on question 3 on that paer can you explain the answer as well if you know please
Original post by Kitty201322
Could someone explanthe differentforces please in detail

which forces
van der waals
hydrogen bonds
and dipole dipole
Original post by Shadowfire123
its challenging I would say but its better if you get these question right as the r paper has a mixture of these hard questions

Are you even sure that school's get delivered R papers along side non-R papers? I thought schools only got delivered papers that their candidates sit (I.e. they get sent the papers that the candidates sign up for) to avoid leaks and possible cheating. It would be logistically impossible to send all the colleges R papers in time for tomorrow's exam.
im stuck on question 3 on that paer can you explain the answer as well if you know please

MCQ Q3? Its D because a magnetic field is what accelerates the positive ions. Electron gun ionises them
its true both c1 and c2 were leaked

someone posted on twitter the paper as a picture having the paper obviously the cover but it was an hour before the exam so its too late to change the paper thn

They investigated and there was no evidence that it was actually leaked. Stop worrying about whether the paper was leaked anyway it makes no difference to you what paper we sit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MCQ Q3? Its D because a magnetic field is what accelerates the positive ions. Electron gun ionises them

the ms said it is c for jan 2014 IAL paper
Original post by samb1234
They investigated and there was no evidence that it was actually leaked. Stop worrying about whether the paper was leaked anyway it makes no difference to you what paper we sit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not worried

just want to do well
you said ammonia to nitrogen was 2 to 1 ratio so what i did was take 500 and divide it by 2 which gace me 250 and you said 50 nitrogen was produced

It says 20% of ammonia is decomposed
So 100cm3 decomposed

Posted from TSR Mobile
im not worried

just want to do well

They get replaced with a paper of equal difficulty anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
It says 20% of ammonia is decomposed
So 100cm3 decomposed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just figured that out but niw I am wondering where 400 came from
Original post by catherinemcc
Can anyone help me with this question:

Like ammonia, hydrazine is a base that reacts with water to form negative and positive ions. (we know hydrazine is H2N-NH2)
i) Write the formula of the negative ion that is formed when hydrazine reacts with water
ii) Suggest the formula of a positive ion which might form when hydrazine reacts with water

The answers are:-
i) OH-
ii) N2H5+ or N2H6+

Although I've got no idea how you would get these as your answers??

For the second part, as the hydrazine acts as a base, this means it is a proton acceptor (definition), so the N2H4 accepts a H+ ion to form N2H5+.

Not sure how to explain the first part, but the other ion in water is OH-, so I suppose that is what is left when the N2H4 accepts the H+? (sorry for terrible explanation)
They get replaced with a paper of equal difficulty anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

its more difficult
its more difficult

You have no way of knowing as you can't see any of the replacement papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
the ms said it is c for jan 2014 IAL paper

Sorry, yes it is C. That question was very sneaky. I've learnt it as it being accelerated by an electric field. A magnetic field is used for deflection. Charged plates would act in the same way as an electric field
You have no way of knowing as you can't see any of the replacement papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

its always is when international question are put in it
I just figured that out but niw I am wondering where 400 came from

500-100=400
The ammonia that hasn't decomposed is still present.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, yes it is C. That question was very sneaky. I've learnt it as it being accelerated by an electric field. A magnetic field is used for deflection. Charged plates would act in the same way as an electric field

i see i was thinking of c but

whats a charged plate
Original post by C0balt
500-100=400
The ammonia that hasn't decomposed is still present.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh i did 80/100 times 500 which gave me 400 i dont knnow if its right to do it this way
ohh i did 80/100 times 500 which gave me 400 i dont knnow if its right to do it this way

when i figure out something and about to message you saying dont bother i figured it out you message than i feel bad

Quick Reply

Latest