The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

I thought that 14 marks for one listening question was rather cheeky by AQA tbh. Overall a tough paper
Original post by georgeball11
Fairly sure it was permis?

I'm not sure but maybe I'm wrong
Original post by barcastyleofplay
I did the 2014 paper last year and ended up scraping an A...This paper was far nicer, hoping my UMS goes up as I'm finding A2 very difficult!

You probably find the paper easier because you are a year older and retaking (I assume?) whereas for us AS students I think this was quite a hard paper
I think this was a pretty hard paper listening and reading wise (writing was pretty nice) so hoping for low grade boundaries, although not carrying on next year so would be ecstatic if I got a B :biggrin:
Original post by Claros
I don't remember espionage being an option?

Yeah i put un film d'espionnage, cause they kept saying cacher and talking about public order, and the plot sounded too dramatic for police :wink:
Original post by paigeloc
I re-sat the AS exam today expecting it to be easy but it was harder than I thought! Reading through this thread is worrying me haha.

I re-sat the exam today aswell hoping it would have been better than the paper last year but it wasn't :frown: way harder than I thought, how are you feeling about the A2 exam?
Original post by Shayminfan191
exactly what i thought, but if you had to sing a song then why not :'(
i asked other people that did it and they said they put that too.
lol i dont even know this is so stupid

she said she had to 'get angry' or 'act angry', the verb was se mettre en colere.
I did the scarifications and plastic surgery essay, seems like a majority did sport?!?
Original post by learner248
I did the scarifications and plastic surgery essay, seems like a majority did sport?!?

Almost everyone in my class did sport. It's really common sense stuff that anyone can easily write about.
Original post by finisher489
I'm not sure but maybe I'm wrong

My teacher went through the reading bit with us after the exam, it was 'permis'
Original post by finisher489
Almost everyone in my class did sport. It's really common sense stuff that anyone can easily write about.

oh right,
because it was quite basic. I felt way more confident on like image and fashion though, soo
Original post by Danielle.K
I re-sat the exam today aswell hoping it would have been better than the paper last year but it wasn't :frown: way harder than I thought, how are you feeling about the A2 exam?

I'm really worried about the A2 exam to be honest because from all the past papers I've done I got pretty average marks it's really frustrating. I'm feeling quite positive about the essay though but I don't want to be too cocky haha. What about you?
This would only be the case if it was followed by a que - for example, la fille que j'ai vue. Usually etre verbs and past tense = use of object agreement. Avoir verbs in the past tense, however, will never change according to gender of what's being referred to as it'll always stay in the masculine form. However, if it's followed by que, then gender agreement is required.
Guys, according to my French teacher, introductions and conclusions are not necessary. I myself, however, feel more comfortable writing both as I feel the essay will flow better.
(edited 8 years ago)
same here!!
Original post by boods8897
i had actually more revised publicity, but then I saw the question on Sport and it was such a Godsend! Had to do the Sport one as it was far and away the easiest of the three ( as far as I was concerned at least!)
To people who re-sat their french AS today,

Please could you tell me what grade you got last year in it and what marks you got for speaking and the paper? Thanks
Reply 456
They said sans abri which means without shelter so yeah thats SDF
Original post by PrincessHarriet

Please could you tell me what grade you got last year in it and what marks you got for speaking and the paper? Thanks

I got a D (76) in the exam and a B (46) in the speaking which evened out to a C overall.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PrincessHarriet

I got a B- 108/140 UMS in the paper (raw 83 B) but 51/60 UMS for speaking (raw 45 A).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 459
Reckon i got
19/5/5/3 ~ 31/35 for writing
27/40 for writing
20/35 for speaking
78/110

Will probable get a B , its sooo S HI T

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending