The Student Room Group

AQA English Lit Poetry- Place

Does anyone have any predictions for the Place Cluster from the Moon on the Tides anthology for the exam tomorrow?
I see no one replied - the place cluster doesn't seem too popular - I have my exam next week - what poems did come up last year please, if you can remember. AQA still haven't got them on their website. With thanks
Hi, I am doing my place exam tomorrow and have no idea what poems may come up although my teacher said The Prelude has never come up although after looking at past questions, it has come up. Last years questions were definetly on Blackbird Of Glanmore, and London I think. Hope this helps, and good luck with the exam
Original post by -sophia-
Does anyone have any predictions for the Place Cluster from the Moon on the Tides anthology for the exam tomorrow?

Hi I'm doing Place too! um i honestly have no idea, although I was at poetry live (as school makes us go) and the examiners who were there seemed all too keen on cold knap lake and wild swans at coole
Original post by STRLDiamond
Hi I'm doing Place too! um i honestly have no idea, although I was at poetry live (as school makes us go) and the examiners who were there seemed all too keen on cold knap lake and wild swans at coole
OMG ARE YOUR SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?! If cold knap lake and wild swans both come up i will actually cry with happiness!!!! Have you any idea what links could be made with either of these two poems to other poems? Thanks
they're both quite emotional??? link the idea of water and flowing movement with emotion in the poem??? my biggest tip would probably be to look at the mark scheme and just be as creative as humanly possible
Reply 6
Original post by STRLDiamond

I did this last year haha!
Good luck though! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi, From what I have gathered from past papers, The poems that haven't come up are:

Price We pay
A Vision
London
Wind
Spellbound

I have looked at all the past papers on AQA and never has a poem been repeated. Therefore my bets are on Wind and London

Good Luck though
Original post by amy1912
Hi, From what I have gathered from past papers, The poems that haven't come up are:

Price We pay
A Vision
London
Wind
Spellbound

I have looked at all the past papers on AQA and never has a poem been repeated. Therefore my bets are on Wind and London

Good Luck though

London and wind both came up during the May 2011 exam season whereas the other 3 have never come up, well they havent come up since 2011 so chances are it wont be both of them together again so i would probably guess London OR Wind and possibly Hard Water or Crossing The Loch but realistically none of us will know for sure what will come up until we sit down at our tables in the exam tomorrow so my best idea would be to learn about half of them and then be sure one of them will come up. Hope this helps and good luck
Reply 9
Hi, From what I can tell from the past papers, The poems that have never come up are:

The Vision
London
Wind
Price we Pay for the Sun
Spellbound

Therefore its most likely to be them, they have never repeated the same poem each year... Like EVER.

Good Luck though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending