The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by almahoney
Does anyone know if its likely for hawk roosting or 'next to' to come up? im really bad at them XD

Well they came up in 2013 Jan and June so I doubt it. I'm struggling, I don't even know where to start right now.

By the way guys, isn't it odd that you have to spend 30 minutes on the unseen poem just for 16 marks but 45 minutes on 36 marks? I know it's hard due to it being unseen, but I'd rather give myself that extra 5-10 mins doing the 36mark question
Reply 861
What poems are predicted for character and voice?
Reply 862
Original post by hannahoreilly56
Hey, Im doing the same as you, i would recommend having a look at the exam board mark scheme because there is a lot of help on there, be sure to talk about like language techniques like caesuras and end stop lines, run on lines, punctuation and the effects, and specific words or repetition, metaphors, similies etc and the effect on the reader, good luck! :smile:

Thank You! You're a star :smile: Good Luck to you also
Reply 863
Original post by srw98
same here, but it's changed this year so now any of the 15 poems could come up:'(( there's a notice about it on the aqa website, which someone posted here earlier

Are they hinting that they will come up or are they using reverse psychology so that we end up revising for them and then they don't even come up :?
I haven't seen any mention of the Place poems come up, which I'm doing.
Does anybody have any predictions as to what might come up out of the 15 of them?
Reply 865
thank youu x
Original post by JordanStudent
Hour is probably the best as they both deal with love in relation to time, but also In Paris With You as they are both used to persuade
How would I compare THCM with Hour?
Original post by lbs20187
I haven't seen any mention of the Place poems come up, which I'm doing.
Does anybody have any predictions as to what might come up out of the 15 of them?

Look on page 44 of the tread and someone predicted what might come up :smile:
Original post by brieftidalwave
How would I compare THCM with Hour?

Similarities:
-Both talk about love in relation to time, and time's effects
-Both personify time
-Both discuss positive relationships of love
-Both follow a regular rhyme scheme

Differences:
-Ideas about love- Hour is romantic whereas THCM is used to persuade an unwilling partner
-Language- THCM uses a syllogistic argument, Hour uses modern imagery
-THCM focuses on giving into time, Hour tries to conquer it
Original post by JordanStudent
Similarities:
-Both talk about love in relation to time, and time's effects
-Both personify time
-Both discuss positive relationships of love
-Both follow a regular rhyme scheme

Differences:
-Ideas about love- Hour is romantic whereas THCM is used to persuade an unwilling partner
-Language- THCM uses a syllogistic argument, Hour uses modern imagery
-THCM focuses on giving into time, Hour tries to conquer it

Thank you so much!
What is the best way to answer unseen poetry?
Reply 871
Can someone please please make a list of what two poems best match when comparing in the exam, for all the relationship poems????
Reply 872
Original post by andyman1006
What is the best way to answer unseen poetry?

watch mrbruff video on youtube he does one on how to approach a unseen poem
Just had a question where it said 'how does the poet use language to.....' does this mean that if I talk about the structure I won't get any marks?
For Place poetry which poem is best to compare with 'The Wild Swans at Coole' and why please??
What structure should i use to write the essay for both section a and section b?
How can you compare to his coy mistress with farmers bride
In the conflict cluster if there was a theme of patriotism which poems should we use? Flag is good but which other ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any strong predictions aside from 'To His Coy Mistress' for the relationships cluster??
Original post by MVEMJSUNP
Any strong predictions aside from 'To His Coy Mistress' for the relationships cluster??

I have no idea how to breathe

Quick Reply

Latest