The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature GCSE 18th and 22nd May.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiee_thomas
From what people have said on previous pages for Lord of the flies it could be Simon/roger/Ralph
For blood brothers I have no idea it could be anything. I find this play very hard to analyse as its very straight forward and there's not much to say
What do you think will come up?

Ralph probably won't come up bc he came up last year :smile:

Personally I'm finding this exam harder to revise for, probably because the predictions for each text are less vague, & we have 2 texts not just 1 this time... Think about it though, this time tomorrow we'll be completely done with English Lit :smile:
Reply 861
hey guys, for heroes, what is the likeliness of a character question about a minor character? or maybe a question that asks about the importance of minor characters?

also, has the theme of love or heroism/bravery come up yet? those themes are my most confident ones. i don't mind appearance/reality either. as long as the theme is not war (i find that extremely boring)
Original post by Brandontom11
Any of you lovely people couldn't happen to tell me the time that the exam begins could you? xD

Lol it starts at 9.00 am
Original post by randyortonrko
Lol it starts at 9.00 am

really?
If some of you guys are struggling with quotes for lord of the flies. ive made a quick document outlining some main quotes to do with each character
If some of you guys are struggling with quotes for lord of the flies. ive made a quick document outlining some main quotes to do with each character

how can i see the document? lol
Chances of Gerald coming up tomorrow? When was the last time he came up?
Original post by alex_j23
how can i see the document? lol[/QU

Not sure, my first time doing this. lemme try again
Original post by shmeren
I think they would definitely be the only character questions which would come up for Heroes... It's just whether or not it will be a theme style question. I really really hope it's Francis as the others have come up before.

how shall I respond to a whole text question on a character, please?
Lotf quotes document
could someone tell me points i could talk about for Simon / Roger cause I'm not understanding the link with jews and hitler?

- Nazis rejected democracy. Hitler demanded total loyalty and obedience. Jack is a Hitler-like figure - he seizes power and says to Samneric "you *got to* join the tribe".

- Himmler was a very important figure in the Nazi party. Hitler put him in charge of organising the concentration camps. Roger has a similar position in Jack's tribe - he carries out violent acts for Jack and becomes the executioner and torturer.

- Simon has relations to Jesus and Christianity - he is the peacemaker and the ethical boy of the group, and he is the envision of Christianity & Jesus. He helps the littleuns pick fruit and he meditates by going into the forest - "I wanted to go to a place - a place I know... Just a place I know, a place in the jungle".

- The name Simon relates to Christianity as Simon was one of Jesus' twelve apostles and when he met Jesus in the Bible he changed his name to Peter which means "rock". This could mean that Simon is a "rock" for people, as he is the person everyone would go to for advice. Simon is shown here as having an important role of being the level-headed and ethical one in the group.

So Jack is Hitler, Roger is Himmler and Simon is Jesus :smile:
Lotf quotes document

thankyou!!!!!
thankyou!!!!!

No problem and good luck with tommorow
Reply 873
Original post by kfarhan57
how shall I respond to a whole text question on a character, please?

Which character? Or in general? :smile:
Original post by ladyrailly
- Nazis rejected democracy. Hitler demanded total loyalty and obedience. Jack is a Hitler-like figure - he seizes power and says to Samneric "you *got to* join the tribe".

- Himmler was a very important figure in the Nazi party. Hitler put him in charge of organising the concentration camps. Roger has a similar position in Jack's tribe - he carries out violent acts for Jack and becomes the executioner and torturer.

- Simon has relations to Jesus and Christianity - he is the peacemaker and the ethical boy of the group, and he is the envision of Christianity & Jesus. He helps the littleuns pick fruit and he meditates by going into the forest - "I wanted to go to a place - a place I know... Just a place I know, a place in the jungle".

- The name Simon relates to Christianity as Simon was one of Jesus' twelve apostles and when he met Jesus in the Bible he changed his name to Peter which means "rock". This could mean that Simon is a "rock" for people, as he is the person everyone would go to for advice. Simon is shown here as having an important role of being the level-headed and ethical one in the group.

So Jack is Hitler, Roger is Himmler and Simon is Jesus :smile:

omg you again!! saved my life for mondays exam and here you are doing the same thing lol thankyou
Original post by shmeren
Which character? Or in general?

Larry, Nicole and Francis please :smile:
Original post by shmeren
I think they would definitely be the only character questions which would come up for Heroes... It's just whether or not it will be a theme style question. I really really hope it's Francis as the others have come up before.

A theme style question wouldn't be too bad as, for the majority of themes, you can just cleverly switch round the question in to talking about all the main characters and their relationships. Francis would be a godsend but can't see it being him as he is the most obvious one to revise and wjec always seem to try and catch people out. I heard that the last three years were Nicole, Larry and Francis. Any of these three characters would be good as there is so many relevant quotes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 877
Any of you lovely people couldn't happen to tell me the time that the exam begins could you? xD

8:45

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's 9, but get there 8.45 x
omg you again!! saved my life for mondays exam and here you are doing the same thing lol thankyou

ahahah didn't even realise you were the same person :P (no shame in asking for a rep :wink: )

Glad I did though! :biggrin: Which other text are you studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending