The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature 2 Poems *Official Thread*

What poems do you think will come up for the Relationships cluster?

Scroll to see replies

I havent done this cluster, I did Place, however a lot of people in my year who have done this cluster say 'to coy his mistress' will come up, i think thats what its called anyway. Hope this helps and good luck
Reply 2
what place poems do you think will come up??
my teacher said Spellbound will come up
Reply 4
Original post by AshishSingh04
my teacher said Spellbound will come up

thanks:smile: my teachers also seem to think that a vision will come up too. Maybe Price We Pay For The Sun and Wind as well as they haven't come up for a while
If poems have previously come up on the exam, does that mean that they wont come up again?
Reply 6
I think that the theme for the Place cluster will be something on 'Urban Environments' and the reality of 'city life' as the poems with that as a theme (A Vision, London) haven't come up in a while, and the themes recently have all been on 'relationships' and 'memories'.
Either that or the power of a 'storm' (Spellbound) so you could link that to Storm in the Black Forest, Wind, The Moment (magical quality) so there are loads of links with that one:smile:
Finally, if the theme of 'anger' could appear this year with feeling from the poet about a particular place 'Price We Pay For The Sun', 'London' and 'A Vision' (maybe even 'Hard Water' with the being attached to a particular place.

Sorry about all this writing, I'm doing the exam tomorrow and I am SOO scared!!! Don't feel like I know enough... ANY HELP ON WHAT MIGHT APPEAR FOR THE UNSEEN WOULD BE AMAZING!!!
Reply 7
Original post by kirstydaniel
If poems have previously come up on the exam, does that mean that they wont come up again?

It depends. I mean, if you look at the poems that have appeared from previous years, they haven't reappeared until like 3/4 years have passed. They will eventually have the turn up again as there are only 15 poems in each cluster but there are still some that have appeared twice along with some that have never come up before. You can't fully predict it but you can always guess... which cluster are you doing??
Original post by lucyricee
It depends. I mean, if you look at the poems that have appeared from previous years, they haven't reappeared until like 3/4 years have passed. They will eventually have the turn up again as there are only 15 poems in each cluster but there are still some that have appeared twice along with some that have never come up before. You can't fully predict it but you can always guess... which cluster are you doing??

i am doing the place cluster. There are 5 poems which haven't appeared in any of the exams yet, so i am hoping it is one of them. i havent even looked at any of the others ones:frown:
Reply 9
i am doing the place cluster. There are 5 poems which haven't appeared in any of the exams yet, so i am hoping it is one of them. i havent even looked at any of the others ones:frown:

which 5 poems haven't come up?! i know A Vision hasn't but i don't know the others...
Original post by lucyricee
which 5 poems haven't come up?! i know A Vision hasn't but i don't know the others...

London, A vision, Price we pay for the sun, Spellbound and Wind. Personally i believe either London or A vision are going to come up. I hope it is London because that is easy to interpret and you could compare it to A vision or Price we pay for the sun. I am so nervous for this exam!!!
London, A vision, Price we pay for the sun, Spellbound and Wind. Personally i believe either London or A vision are going to come up. I hope it is London because that is easy to interpret and you could compare it to A vision or Price we pay for the sun. I am so nervous for this exam!!!

London came up in May 2011, and Wind was also May 2011, so i know its a long time ago but they have come up whereas the others haven't
Original post by bensavage20
London came up in May 2011, and Wind was also May 2011, so i know its a long time ago but they have come up whereas the others haven't

So spellbound, A vision and Price we pay for the sun havent come up yet?
So spellbound, A vision and Price we pay for the sun havent come up yet?

Using the info i have in front if me, as far as i can see, that is correct. Or rather they havent come up since May 2011 but im not sure what the exam was like before that so they could have come up before, but not recently.
Using the info i have in front if me, as far as i can see, that is correct. Or rather they havent come up since May 2011 but im not sure what the exam was like before that so they could have come up before, but not recently.

Thanks Ben :smile: i am very nervous for this exam and feel totally unprepared
Reply 15
which conflict poems do you think would come up?
Reply 16
Predictions for relationship cluster?
Thanks Ben :smile: i am very nervous for this exam and feel totally unprepared

Well just remember that everyone is unprepared so if we all do badly the grade boundaries will fall making it a bit easier to get a good grade. And also think about something my teacher told me earlier, that she chose for us to do place because hardly anyone does it so if an examiner is marking 100 answers there might be 45 on relationships, 45 on conflict, 8 on Character and voice and only 2 on place therefore because she is bored of reading all the others she will spend more time marking the place ones as it is a change and will end up giving more marks.
Well just remember that everyone is unprepared so if we all do badly the grade boundaries will fall making it a bit easier to get a good grade. And also think about something my teacher told me earlier, that she chose for us to do place because hardly anyone does it so if an examiner is marking 100 answers there might be 45 on relationships, 45 on conflict, 8 on Character and voice and only 2 on place therefore because she is bored of reading all the others she will spend more time marking the place ones as it is a change and will end up giving more marks.

thats a good point, thanks for making me feel a bit more optimistic about tomorrow:smile:

thank you ever so much for the advice. I am wishing that the grade boundaries are low this year. I just hope that one of the five poems i have revised come up tomorrow otherwise i am totally screwed lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending