The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs: can you get a dosette box?

Good plan! I think I shall have to get one.

It used to be that I had no problem with knowing if I took them or not, even when they were stealing my thoughts before they weren't stealing these ones. I think they want me to get really bad withdrawal or something; I haven't worked that bit out yet. :beard:

How're you tonight? :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Good plan! I think I shall have to get one.

It used to be that I had no problem with knowing if I took them or not, even when they were stealing my thoughts before they weren't stealing these ones. I think they want me to get really bad withdrawal or something; I haven't worked that bit out yet. :beard:

How're you tonight? :smile:

Hmm.... are you able to do some sort of reality check about some of these beliefs with people you trust? To me these kind of thoughts seem unlikely to be true although I can fully appreciate it might not feel that way from your point of view. :console: I'm not doing well. exam tomorrow (which i know nothing for) and im just feeling rather teary and hopeless
Hmm.... are you able to do some sort of reality check about some of these beliefs with people you trust? To me these kind of thoughts seem unlikely to be true although I can fully appreciate it might not feel that way from your point of view. :console: I'm not doing well. exam tomorrow (which i know nothing for) and im just feeling rather teary and hopeless

Not really sure I can tell anyone. I'm worried people will think I'm being intentionally non-compliant and that could lead to bad things happening.

I'm sorry to hear that, exams can be so stressful. :hugs: I don't know if you're trying to revise this late but I think perhaps the best idea would be to try and sleep. Even if you can't sleep just lying there and trying to relax (maybe with some music) can be recharging a bit. I saw you mentioned your doctor pushing the quetiapine, do you have any? although thinking about it taking it before your exam probably isn;t a good idea. Best of luck tomorrow!
(edited 8 years ago)
i'm so depressed. i feel so useless. i've been feeling this way since i was 13. sometimes i wake up and ask myself why i did. i have bad anxiety, sometimes my heartbeat is superfast and i get really sweaty in public places (i was in tesco and a lot of people who i went to school with work there and i started getting really nervous, i must look like a freak because i cant look them in the eye or anything and i always walk with my head down or scratching my arms or something, wtf) im terrified of physical contact too, my friends who are girls try to hug me and i get really uncomfortable, like i feel sick its that bad. i dunno what to do. should i phone the doctors or not, i dunno who i can talk to. i tried telling my mum when i was like 15 and she just laughed at me, i don't even know where it came from but i've been miserable most of the time for like 5/6 years now
I went out and it was good but now I'm starting to get anxious. I'm at someone's flat and I'm so far a away from my house an ill need to get a taxi back and it's going to cost so much. I'm really sleepy but I don't want to look like a loser leaving so early :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh
i'm so depressed. i feel so useless. i've been feeling this way since i was 13. sometimes i wake up and ask myself why i did. i have bad anxiety, sometimes my heartbeat is superfast and i get really sweaty in public places (i was in tesco and a lot of people who i went to school with work there and i started getting really nervous, i must look like a freak because i cant look them in the eye or anything and i always walk with my head down or scratching my arms or something, wtf) im terrified of physical contact too, my friends who are girls try to hug me and i get really uncomfortable, like i feel sick its that bad. i dunno what to do. should i phone the doctors or not, i dunno who i can talk to. i tried telling my mum when i was like 15 and she just laughed at me, i don't even know where it came from but i've been miserable most of the time for like 5/6 years now

A lot of what you've described sounds like anxiety. I would advise talking to your doctor about it. It's a scary thought but it can be the first step to getting better. A doctor can prescribe you medication or refer you for talk-therapy, either (or both!) of which could be helpful to you. If you have any questions about these, or talking to your doctor, feel free to ask here . :smile:

And yeah, my mother used to laugh at me for being too scared to ask for help in stores etc, you're not alone there!
bleh :'(
bleh :'(

:console:

I hear ya. :frown:
I just took my medication and I think the capsule busted in my throat because I have a horrible taste coming up my mouth. :frown: Ugh.

Today's the day my daddy finds out about my voices. I'm so scared of his reaction even though I know he will take it ok. And this damn migraine is STILL here.
I have to get my bloods redone this morning. :frown:

Spoiler

Got a letter through for the psychological services, but my appointment isn't until the 16th July.
I'm so stressed the clock in my flat was 10 minutes slow so I missed the bus I had to get and then phoned a taxi but it still isn't here yet and my train is in 20 minutes what if I miss it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I'm so stressed the clock in my flat was 10 minutes slow so I missed the bus I had to get and then phoned a taxi but it still isn't here yet and my train is in 20 minutes what if I miss it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: How much would it cost to get the next train?
Anyone else bad during the summer?
I'm really struggling with the prospect of a lonely summer.
exam was disastrous. didn't even attempt 95% of the paper because I didn't understand. left so early. feel heavy and sad. its all over but now im thinking about retakes. wish my brain was normal :frown:
Original post by Little Popcorns

:wavey: Haven't see you post before. Welcome if you're new! :smile:

exam was disastrous. didn't even attempt 95% of the paper because I didn't understand. left so early. feel heavy and sad. its all over but now im thinking about retakes. wish my brain was normal :frown:

:hugs: Sorry it went so bad - remember it's not a reflection on you, it's your illness.
Original post by superwolf
:wavey: Haven't see you post before. Welcome if you're new! :smile:

:hugs: Sorry it went so bad - remember it's not a reflection on you, it's your illness.
Hi :smile:. Yep I posted once before so relatively new :h:. Does summer have any affect on you? It used to make me better but I think I've made to many negative associations with it 😒
(edited 8 years ago)
so GAME basically just mugged me then.

traded some games & an old console in, they said was worth £80 store credit which they'd put on my game card (like done via app on my phone) but they are now saying that didn't happen at all so I have no money, no games/console, effectively they just robbed me...

calling them back tomorrow but if they don't sort it I'll have to call the police or something, **** my life.

Hi! Summer is always so lonely for me.
Hi :smile:. Yep I posted once before so relatively new :h:. Does summer have any affect on you? It used to make me better but I think I've made to many negative associations with it 😒

Generally I do a little better in summer I think, but you're definitely not the only one to have the seasons affect you. :console:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
so GAME basically just mugged me then.

traded some games & an old console in, they said was worth £80 store credit which they'd put on my game card (like done via app on my phone) but they are now saying that didn't happen at all so I have no money, no games/console, effectively they just robbed me...

calling them back tomorrow but if they don't sort it I'll have to call the police or something, **** my life.

Eep, that ain't good! :eek:

Latest