The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
How did people find the listening? Reading and listening were definitely my weaknesses in that exam. i think the writing and separate speaking went well, so how much will the reading and listening affect my overall grade?
Original post by Danielle.K
Me too :s-smilie: I'm so worried, I'm hoping the essay will be okay, what have you done for the topics, we've done a book and a film.

We studied Le Petit Prince and Amelie for the oral but focusing on Le Petit Prince for the essay. What are you doing?
Original post by Rod00
How did people find the listening? Reading and listening were definitely my weaknesses in that exam. i think the writing and separate speaking went well, so how much will the reading and listening affect my overall grade?

That's what I'm worried about too. I found the reading and listening hard, but my writing and speaking went well, I think. I'm hoping it won't affect my grade too much because I'm aiming for an A. :/
What! Some of you use computers for the listening sction? We get given portable CD players.
Reply 504
Original post by izziewizz
That's what I'm worried about too. I found the reading and listening hard, but my writing and speaking went well, I think. I'm hoping it won't affect my grade too much because I'm aiming for an A. :/

Yeah exactly, Im just hoping the grade boundaries will be a bit better cos the paper was definitely harder than the mocks that I've done
Original post by zintanax
Found the "permise" in the grammar section rather cheeky... but maybe I've got that wrong haha

I put permise too........
We had MP3 players for our listening, so no clicking and they were really easy to use. Is anybody else thinking it's a bit unfair that we didn't all get the same thing??
Original post by tagliatilly
We had MP3 players for our listening, so no clicking and they were really easy to use. Is anybody else thinking it's a bit unfair that we didn't all get the same thing??

At least it's better than not having individual speakers i suppose. Like in GCSE when we all did it at once :/ I'm sure someone wasn't using headphones in mine though cos I could hear someone else's listening track and it was a bit distracting.
Reply 508
Can someone remind me what all the 4 listening questions were on in order? Would be grateful x
Original post by Jonnvii
Can someone remind me what all the 4 listening questions were on in order? Would be grateful x

The first one was on reality TV and another one was on stress. That's all I remember!
Reply 510
Original post by finisher489
The first one was on reality TV and another one was on stress. That's all I remember!

Can you remember if there was anything about being angry for the stress one?

Or was there only a reference to being angry about the reality tv?
Original post by Jonnvii
Can you remember if there was anything about being angry for the stress one?

Or was there only a reference to being angry about the reality tv?

I think it was in both. (Do you mean the casting one?)
Original post by finisher489

Casting, family relationships, stress, films
Original post by PrincessHarriet
To people who re-sat their french AS today,

Please could you tell me what grade you got last year in it and what marks you got for speaking and the paper? Thanks

Hey,
I got a D for the paper and a b fpr the speaking Last year. So it averaged out to a c.
I hope to get a b for the retake paper
Reply 514
Ok cool, just worried I ****ed up on one and trying to remember what I did in my head. So there were definitely references to 'anger' in both the stress and the casting sections?
Original post by tagliatilly

We had individual cd players (walkman size) and I thought it was quite good as you could esily stop and start it.

But until I read this thread I though everyone used them.

In the exam yesterday they were one cd player short so 20 mins in my firend had to be moved into a room on her own and listen to it on a speaker
I think my speaking went really badly (only got a C in the mock)
Does the speaking drag your mark down by a grade of not?
Because in my mock I got a B in the paper and a C in the speaking and it was a C overall...
So I'm getting the idea everyone found it difficult?

I found that to be a really good paper. I'm an A2 student so any things better than the E I got on the paper last year tbh where I didn't even do the essay..

I did a 4 page essay on sport, however I'm worried as I didnt give an example for every single point and he examples were very brief, I.e. doing park our as a non traditional sport etc. Came out and also realised I made a few words up.. I.e. 'stamine' for stamina, 'traditionnaux' and 'innovative'.

I found the reading to be incredibly easy, though I always get caught out on the V/F/ND questions.

Listening was horrible - tried to put something down for everything but I'm really weak at listening. On the first question, I thought she said 'faire une déclaration de la Mort' not 'de l'amour!' Didn't clock on till after the exam when I'd wrote 'la mort'! D: I also think she said she had to wait for some hours, not two hours however I'm probably wrong. The one on subjects of conflict between parents/kids did my head in too.

I can second what a lot of people have said, dont be afraid to retake! You naturally become better at your essay writing at a2 and pick up more vocab along the way :biggrin: I need a B overall in french and I'm feeling pretty confident after last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmyremy
I think my speaking went really badly (only got a C in the mock)
Does the speaking drag your mark down by a grade of not?
Because in my mock I got a B in the paper and a C in the speaking and it was a C overall...

It's 30% speaking and 70% reading, so it shouldn't bring down your grade too much.
Original post by contradicta
We had individual cd players (walkman size) and I thought it was quite good as you could esily stop and start it.

But until I read this thread I though everyone used them.

In the exam yesterday they were one cd player short so 20 mins in my firend had to be moved into a room on her own and listen to it on a speaker

We just used the computer block computers, with headphones. (disabled the internet of course).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending