The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Yes please! Do they have answers too??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, give me a few minutes and I'll put some pics up. I have some for C3 as well if anyone's interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Yep, give me a few minutes and I'll put some pics up. I have some for C3 as well if anyone's interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! And the c3 ones would be helpful too thanks :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 522
Original post by Efemena15
Is / does anyone use pencil for their exams? Not sure whether it's a good idea

I think I'll risk it with either dark 0.7 or 0.9 mm.

EDIT: Changed my mind reading disqualification horror stories. Pen it is. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need too thank you :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys find easier between C3 and C4
For me its C4, not sure why probably because of all the integration. The hardest chapter for me is vectors, probably the only section which can catch me out if they plan to ask a "trick" question.
Original post by Rubik-Cube
For me its C4, not sure why probably because of all the integration. The hardest chapter for me is vectors, probably the only section which can catch me out if they plan to ask a "trick" question.

Yeah I'm exactly the same :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 526
Original post by Rubik-Cube

Nah. I find C4 really hard as I'm not good with integration and the topic is like 1/3 of the paper. Let's not mention vectors..
I prefer C3 because I find it more logical and it's like an 'extra' to the previous modules, even tho it requires much more understanding.
What I'm saying is that both are hard :/ but C3 is duable (for me)
Hey guys,
So I was just doing this paper https://a086a5a2f39bda93734c56a63fab1d7be0a9ba38.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYQXE5T2xiNDBRd2s/June%202014%20QP%20-%20C4%20Edexcel.pdf

And I'm stuck on 7b, I worked out the volume of revolution as normal and got 6pi^2+12pi but I don't really know what to do after that and incoporate the equation of the volume of the cone. Also with question 8 I got as far as 8e but then got stuck on 8e. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Hey guys,
So I was just doing this paper https://a086a5a2f39bda93734c56a63fab1d7be0a9ba38.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYQXE5T2xiNDBRd2s/June%202014%20QP%20-%20C4%20Edexcel.pdf

And I'm stuck on 7b, I worked out the volume of revolution as normal and got 6pi^2+12pi but I don't really know what to do after that and incoporate the equation of the volume of the cone. Also with question 8 I got as far as 8e but then got stuck on 8e. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As the line rotates around the acis it creates a cone. This area is not need but is included in the integral as the curve is above this cone between the sepcific limits. Can you see how to go from here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 529
Would you guys recommend doing edexcel official papers or solomon?

I always figured edexcel would be best as theyre obviously in the style of the exam & I've done from around 2006-2010 in all 3 exams with little problem, but everyone is now saying that these papers are so much easier than the ones we'll get?! Is this true?

As if so would it be better to switch to doing solomon papers which aren't in the style of edexcel, more a generic one applicable to OCR and other boards, but are harder papers?
Reply 530
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes please can you send me C3 and c4?
Original post by Egg1
Yes please can you send me C3 and c4?

I've posted the C3 questions over in the C3 thread. I'll post the C4 Qs here soon.
Original post by Egg1
Would you guys recommend doing edexcel official papers or solomon?

I always figured edexcel would be best as theyre obviously in the style of the exam & I've done from around 2006-2010 in all 3 exams with little problem, but everyone is now saying that these papers are so much easier than the ones we'll get?! Is this true?

As if so would it be better to switch to doing solomon papers which aren't in the style of edexcel, more a generic one applicable to OCR and other boards, but are harder papers?

Personally i find Solomon papers to be a tad outdated, aswell as ruining your confidence.

But, if you do good in a Solomon paper you're probably likely to good in the real thing, but personally i think they aren't needed for a*. edexcel won't put something that is not on their specification.
Ive compiled a giant folder containing various resources for Maths and Further modules. It contains past papers, teaching resources, powerpoints etc. Should be awesome for the upcoming exams.Btw I did not create any of files, so all credit goes to the various websites I have scavenged them from.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oz0s4m3nf7rocug/AADsmByms_dzO0_r_HU_cEOxa?dl=0
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 534
Original post by _bindra
Ive compiled a giant folder containing various resources for Maths and Further modules. It contains past papers, teaching resources, powerpoints etc. Should be awesome for the upcoming exams.Btw I did not create any of files, so all credit goes to the various websites I have scavenged them from.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oz0s4m3nf..._HU_cEOxa?dl=0

Link didnt work for me
Original post by Egg1
Link didnt work for me

Sorry, check now :smile:
Reply 536
Original post by _bindra
Sorry, check now :smile:

Yeah you're good now, thanks
Original post by Tplox
Anyone know where I can find loads of vectors questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.tes.co.uk/MyPublicProfile.aspx?uc=2722445&profileTab=resources Download the C4 Edexcel revision, best resource I've seen for C4 in a long while
Original post by LukeTownsend123
https://www.tes.co.uk/MyPublicProfile.aspx?uc=2722445&profileTab=resources Download the C4 Edexcel revision, best resource I've seen for C4 in a long while

+infinity rep
i just downloaded that along with c3, they are REALLY good
Original post by scriberg
+infinity rep
i just downloaded that along with c3, they are REALLY good

I'm not sure what modules you are doing but he has those powerpoints for C1, C2, C3, C4 and S1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending