The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tow
That's perfectly fine

Thanks!

Np!

Night guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
They could probably ask of the impact of the war more than why they lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok cool thanks, guess that kind of question would be based on whether impact caused change or not as most impacts were bad so can't really be good vs bad impacts
Original post by CD223
Oh right are you not revising the whole course!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course I'm revising the whole course hahahah :P. I'm just focusing on KaiserReich as of now, hoping to know everything inside out by June 1st. How's your revision going? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tow
If you agree, please do contribute :smile:

We don't want this thread to be overly dependent on just one or two people who do all the work for everyone!

So everyone get writing a plan for a question but do one that YOU struggle with so you can get help with it and learn from it :smile:

Awesome idea! I'll write up a few plans I'm struggling with over the weekend and upload it :biggrin: hopefully we all benefit from this and come out with A/A*'s in the summer! Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus and all this time my teacher said we needed ti kniw the historians, so literally just the different viewpoints? Like Planned war of agression, calcukated risk, defensive war, and the escape forwards views? Mate i was going to learn like a dozen historians. Ferguson and Ritter are Defensive War and Strandmann is calculated risk.
Reply 985
Original post by Tow
I'll do that one :smile:

I'll post it with my 20 plans so don't worry about that one! XD

Unless someone is really struggling with that they could take it up then.

Wait I thought I was doing Nazis lol? I think we should come up with these questions before we start making plans.

Original post by jchap9776
ok cool thanks, guess that kind of question would be based on whether impact caused change or not as most impacts were bad so can't really be good vs bad impacts

No problem. Yeah that's why I think German revolution is likely as its essentially an assessment of change after World War One and a look at its impact on early Weimar.

What do you think will come up?

Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Of course I'm revising the whole course hahahah :P. I'm just focusing on KaiserReich as of now, hoping to know everything inside out by June 1st. How's your revision going? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good! Mines going okay - albeit slowly. Prioritising other subjects at the minute so I'm gonna crack down as of the weekend :wink:

Original post by WilliamSlim
Jesus and all this time my teacher said we needed ti kniw the historians, so literally just the different viewpoints? Like Planned war of agression, calcukated risk, defensive war, and the escape forwards views? Mate i was going to learn like a dozen historians. Ferguson and Ritter are Defensive War and Strandmann is calculated risk.

Erm I don't think there's any need for that. My teacher has said for us to be aware of the different viewpoints but other than that's he had said remembering historians is not likely to be a productive use of time.
Original post by CD223
Wait I thought I was doing Nazis lol? I think we should come up with these questions before we start making plans.

No problem. Yeah that's why I think German revolution is likely as its essentially an assessment of change after World War One and a look at its impact on early Weimar.

Oh good! Mines going okay - albeit slowly. Prioritising other subjects at the minute so I'm gonna crack down as of the weekend :wink:

Erm I don't think there's any need for that. My teacher has said for us to be aware of the different viewpoints but other than that's he had said remembering historians is not likely to be a productive use of time.

I've been told by my teacher that ones to watch for are German revolution, early nazis and whether they were a minor irritant or not in the 1920s and then last one that I think will come up is consolidation of power.
Original post by CD223

I'm talking about people doing plans the struggle with in general and I didn't think anyone struggled with consolidation.

You and I will do the essay plans regardless anyway (hopefully) so still do it :smile:

And just write the question you're gonna do before you do it so we're all aware.

Or maybe we can look through that pdf of questions that could come up?
Reply 988
I've been told by my teacher that ones to watch for are German revolution, early nazis and whether they were a minor irritant or not in the 1920s and then last one that I think will come up is consolidation of power.

Ah that's cool! So many people predicting consolidation this year. If it does come up then the boundaries will be high! Aha.

What grade are you aiming for if you don't mind me asking? Trying to figure out the best way to revise tbh - it's my only essay subject!

Original post by Tow
I'm talking about people doing plans the struggle with in general and I didn't think anyone struggled with consolidation.

You and I will do the essay plans regardless anyway (hopefully) so still do it :smile:

And just write the question you're gonna do before you do it so we're all aware.

Or maybe we can look through that pdf of questions that could come up?

that's fair enough. I'll make a list which I'll post ASAP for the nazis then we can pick apart what is and isn't an overlap of content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah that's cool! So many people predicting consolidation this year. If it does come up then the boundaries will be high! Aha.

What grade are you aiming for if you don't mind me asking? Trying to figure out the best way to revise tbh - it's my only essay subject!

that's fair enough. I'll make a list which I'll post ASAP for the nazis then we can pick apart what is and isn't an overlap of content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright yeah that would be great thanks.
I need some help on the German revolution 1918-19, if someone is willing to help, it would be really appreciated, thanks
Hey guys,

Just thought this would be a useful resource, a teacher at my school has recorded a series of (very good) podcasts that runs through the various essay-type questions - definitely worth listening to.

http://jfsschool.podbean.com/
Original post by SophieNorcross
I need some help on the German revolution 1918-19, if someone is willing to help, it would be really appreciated, thanks

http://jfsschool.podbean.com/e/from-kaiser-to-fuhrer-4-to-what-extent-was-there-a-revolution-in-germany-in-1918/
Reply 993
Hi
I'm sitting the Kaiser to Fuhrer paper. I've been taught the entire textbook and after reading through the thread I'm a little confused. Should I just revise one half of the book? And if so...where does the first half end and the second half begin? Are the two questions guaranteed to be on different halves of the book? Thanks in advance!!
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

hoping for an a* which is around 60/70 i think so hopefully the questions are kind
Original post by Tow
I think there's already a post about this but I'll tell you what I do anyway.

As soon as you go into the exam, you're first gonna look for the source that generally agreed (usually the first source) and then you look for disagree and middle etc.

Now, to structure it, you have to find the main points that at least 2 or more sources refer to. So you need points that the sources refer to so you can cross reference. You will then base your paragraphs on those main points.

So say source 1 and 2 reference the Schlieffen Plan. That would be one paragraph, and inside that paragraph you talk about other things too.

You should aim to write around 3/4 paragraphs. Not really more than 4 because these paragraphs are gonna be much bigger than your part A ones.

Now I like to use a nice acronym to remember the paragraph structure:
PSLACE as in like ps and the a shoe lace.

Point
Source
Link
Add knowledge
Criticise source
Explain

Hope this helped:smile:

Thank you. This was so helpful!
Reply 996
Original post by jdein123
Hey guys,

Just thought this would be a useful resource, a teacher at my school has recorded a series of (very good) podcasts that runs through the various essay-type questions - definitely worth listening to.

http://jfsschool.podbean.com/

Thank you for sharing!

Original post by Mols96
Hi
I'm sitting the Kaiser to Fuhrer paper. I've been taught the entire textbook and after reading through the thread I'm a little confused. Should I just revise one half of the book? And if so...where does the first half end and the second half begin? Are the two questions guaranteed to be on different halves of the book? Thanks in advance!!

Revise all of the textbook - there are however tow controversy chapters on the cause of World War One and the popularity/efficiency of the nazi regime. Personally I only have been taught the World War One controversy so that's the only one I'll revise. You can however revise both.

hoping for an a* which is around 60/70 i think so hopefully the questions are kind

Nice man that sounds great! How did you do in your coursework? Are you hoping to do history at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thank you for sharing!

Revise all of the textbook - there are however tow controversy chapters on the cause of World War One and the popularity/efficiency of the nazi regime. Personally I only have been taught the World War One controversy so that's the only one I'll revise. You can however revise both.

Nice man that sounds great! How did you do in your coursework? Are you hoping to do history at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got 48/50 on coursework, looking to do economics at uni :smile: wbu?
Reply 998
Got 48/50 on coursework, looking to do economics at uni :smile: wbu?

Well done! My teacher has said I got 50, although it's being moderated so I don't trust that to stay the same :frown:

Wanna do Computer Science at uni - I think your course is probably more relevant to history :L

I just find revising the course pretty hard this year - I preferred Russia and don't feel as ready this time round :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Well done! My teacher has said I got 50, although it's being moderated so I don't trust that to stay the same :frown:

Wanna do Computer Science at uni - I think your course is probably more relevant to history :L

I just find revising the course pretty hard this year - I preferred Russia and don't feel as ready this time round :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

By moderated do you mean by the exam board or by your other teachers?

I got 50 moderated by my teachers. Now the exam board will look at it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending