The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
for conflict for mametz wood I just wrote about effects of conflict and compared it to futility, completely misread the question and didn't mention place. Will I get any marks?
FOR CONFLICT I DID IT WITH FALLING LEAVES IT WAS SO DAMN DIFFICULT TO LINK IT WITH PLACE ****S SAKE AQA WHY YOU DOING THIS TO ME.

Though unseen was a bless
Reply 962
What poems did people compare Brendan Gallacher with?
Did anyone compare Sister Maude with Brothers?
I would have chosen Manhunt but sadly, it was the one poem I didn't actually revise. Sister Maude I wasn't too confident with either as I'd mainly prepared for a THCM/Hour comparison. Panicking over here.
Original post by Stows66
What poems did people compare Brendan Gallacher with?

I compared it with Give.
i wrote the unseen was unrequited love... do you think that'll be right??
Original post by dinnerwithdahmer
Did anyone compare Sister Maude with Brothers?
I would have chosen Manhunt but sadly, it was the one poem I didn't actually revise. Sister Maude I wasn't too confident with either as I'd mainly prepared for a THCM/Hour comparison. Panicking over here.

I did brothers and sister maude as well :smile:
Original post by mrmisfortunes
I did brothers and sister maude as well :smile:

That's reassuring! :smile:
Original post by kaybannell

As long as you justified it it's probably right. I wrote how it could be love or infatuation and explained both.
Reply 969
Did anyone do the 'fear' question on bayonet charge in the conflict cluster? That's what I did and I compared it with COTLB. Heard so many people say they misread the question on Mametz wood!
I was quite pleased with the unseen poem as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 970
Original post by neza99
Anyone talk about the repetition of 'life is now better then before' at the end of each stanza?

Yeah! I said how it was repeated made it seem as though it was mantra she told her self again and again to try and convince herself that all of the pain is worth it. I also said how one could argue that Hannah uses an acerbic tone in this phrase as it's ironic that life could be 'better' if the subject has caused her so much pain. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by srw98
for conflict for mametz wood I just wrote about effects of conflict and compared it to futility, completely misread the question and didn't mention place. Will I get any marks?

Same! I completley misread the question! At least you're not alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
did anyone do the manhunt question and what did you compare it with? I did brothers because there is a broken relationship between the siblings :h:
Original post by ni909
Yeah! I said how it was repeated made it seem as though it was mantra she told her self again and again to try and convince herself that all of the pain is worth it. I also said how one could argue that Hannah uses an acerbic tone in this phrase as it's ironic that life could be 'better' if the subject has caused her so much pain. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES! Thank god, I put this too :3
Original post by kaybannell

There's no right answers to unseen poetry, it's more how you interpret it you'll probably get marks for whatever you put :3
Original post by neza99
Anyone talk about the repetition of 'life is now better then before' at the end of each stanza?

It's a shame I never explicitly talked about the most obvious point in that unseen poem!
For conflict, I did the charge of light brigade question and had to compare it with one other poem, so i did The falling leaves is that okay?
Reply 977
Original post by phoebeisgreat
Same! I completley misread the question! At least you're not alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww I'm really sorry that happened to you too, but it does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one!:'(( hopefully the examiners will be a bit generous!x
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
For conflict, I did the charge of light brigade question and had to compare it with one other poem, so i did The falling leaves is that okay?

No, because there wasn't a question on Charge of the Light Brigade!
Original post by srw98
aww I'm really sorry that happened to you too, but it does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one!:'(( hopefully the examiners will be a bit generous!x

Let's hope! But apparently quite a few people misread the question...what are you aiming for??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending