The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Happy to answer any questions about BCU! Ask away!

Happy to answer any questions about BCU! Ask away! Ill do my best to help you! :smile:
Every time I see this, I think you mean British Canoe Union... #hopesdashed
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by speechtherapy01
Happy to answer any questions about BCU! Ask away! Ill do my best to help you! :smile:

I think I have asked before but just in case, I live in Birmingham so apparently I am not eligible to apply for halls. What other accommodation will be available to me near Edgbaston ?? I am getting a little worried that I will end up with no where to live!
Hello!
I am from Estonia, I'm about to graduate high-school, and really want to study media, film production etc.
I am having trouble figuring out the applying proccess, fees (since most Universityes in Estonia are free). Also, where could I get help with the fees, since I myself am a broke youngster and would be an international student :P (of course I would get a job). I've always had trouble figuring out the systems of schools abroad, but I really want to experience new things and study abroad, and England has so much to choose from and the education system, I know, is top-notch! (sorry, if my english is bad). I know I would have to take an English exam, but does a high-school final exam count? or does it have to be TOEFL, IELTS etc.?
I just don't know where to start, but I really, really would love to study in BCU!

Looking forward to your reply,
Cassie
Reply 4
Hi ...I'm a mature student starting access , BCU my only choice so I need to get in :-) 2016 entry

Any help to make my application successful please ?
Books /courses /voluntary experience
(volunteering won't be as much as I would like as single mum no childcare )

Also what are the study days and times currently for the course ( just to give me an idea for childcare )
Thank you very much

Also adding ... Nhs funded 3 year degree in speech and language therapy is the course I'm applying for .
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, I am asking a question on behalf of a student regarding bursaries and scholarships. I have a student who is entitled to the minimum maintenance loan and this will not cover her accommodation. She planned to use some of the nhs bursary to help but this still doesn't cover the cost, is there more support available? Thank you,

Nicola
Original post by nicola1980
Hi, I am asking a question on behalf of a student regarding bursaries and scholarships. I have a student who is entitled to the minimum maintenance loan and this will not cover her accommodation. She planned to use some of the nhs bursary to help but this still doesn't cover the cost, is there more support available? Thank you,

Nicola

Hi, i'm not sure if you have checked out these links. If you haven't, here they are:

Info for International students: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/international/why-study-here/fees-finance-scholarships

General Info for scholarships: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/finance-and-money-matters/financial-support

Student Services Advice on Financial Matters: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/finance-and-money-matters

I hope this helps. All the best!
Original post by CassiePullinen
Hello!
I am from Estonia, I'm about to graduate high-school, and really want to study media, film production etc.
I am having trouble figuring out the applying proccess, fees (since most Universityes in Estonia are free). Also, where could I get help with the fees, since I myself am a broke youngster and would be an international student :P (of course I would get a job). I've always had trouble figuring out the systems of schools abroad, but I really want to experience new things and study abroad, and England has so much to choose from and the education system, I know, is top-notch! (sorry, if my english is bad). I know I would have to take an English exam, but does a high-school final exam count? or does it have to be TOEFL, IELTS etc.?
I just don't know where to start, but I really, really would love to study in BCU!

Looking forward to your reply,
Cassie

Hi Cassie, I don't take this course so I don't know much about it.
But here is a link to the course enquiry form where you can try submitting your questions: http://www.prospectsnet.com/questtime/servlets/GradquestServlet?mode=question&instID=150 . They should be able to give you the right answers like English courses or course requirements. You can also call them if you want: +44 (0)121 331 5595. =)

As for financial help and advice, here are some links you can go through:
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/international/why-study-here/fees-finance-scholarships
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/finance-and-money-matters
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/finance-and-money-matters/financial-support

All the best with everything! =) Hope it helps.
Original post by speechtherapy01

Hello I was just wondering if you could help me here I have just failed one module 2nd time round and I am currently in my second year of nursing. I don't know what is going to happen I am going to make an appeal and too see where that takes me. The reason of failing this module is due to stress of the workload that I had aswell as paying the bills for my parents as my brother wasn't present at that time. now he is here to be the main breadwinner and provide for my parents. I know this is no excuse but I really am passionate about this degree and extremely enjoyed my placements. I averaged out 2.1 in my first year doing ridiculous hours of paid labour and thought I could do the same for second year which resulted me in failing one module. I don't know what to do and I really want to carry on with nursing. what do you suggest by any chance?
Reply 9
Hi, I've applied for adult nursing this year and the offer is BBC but realistically I believe I am going to just miss out and get BCC, do you know if they are likely to accept me anyway on these grades or just reject me?
Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by villa5016
Hi, I've applied for adult nursing this year and the offer is BBC but realistically I believe I am going to just miss out and get BCC, do you know if they are likely to accept me anyway on these grades or just reject me?
Thanks

Hey, it depends on the amount of experience you have or the number of people who have applied for the course nursing is really popular. For my course there were some people who didn't make the grades and still got in but ICT not as popular as nursing. I hope you get the grades you need:smile:
Reply 11
How are the admission test for learning disability nursing?
Hi I have got a conditional for psychology for BBC but I am doing 4 alevels anyway. on the website it says that it will offer 280 ucas points from a maximum of 4 alevels. Will I be accepted if I get the ucas points from the 4 alevels and not the grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending