The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Salma_SDKA
Same I did the manhunt question. I was so happy that it came up because it was the only poem I seriously revised (Thank God). I compared it to brothers too, although I think I should have compared it to sister Maude.. but I couldn't really say anything about structure in sister Maude so I didn't, even though it had way more language techniques.

I said that both poems use structure to present damaged relationships. Manhunt does this by using half rhymes to show incompleteness in the relationship and therefore damaged. I said it contrasted with the couplet structure of the poem which could show confusion and lack of communication etc.

In brothers I wrote about the fact that the last stanza had only 4 lines as apposed to the usual 5 which literally shows that the younger brother got left behind. I kinda used really big and long words to show that I was writing a lot about a little :colondollar:

I then talked about lang tech. So in manhunt the quote about blown hinge of his lower jaw or something, shows he can't communicate and would be a problem as a relationship is based of communication. I also said that the blown hinge emphasised the damage in the relationship as it has images to heavy artillery in wars which are extremely damaging.

In brothers I talked about the older brother 'chasing olympic gold' and younger brother having a coin. The olympic gold is more prestige than a coin, highlighting the growing rift between the brothers. Talked about how 'chased' is very stealthy and fast which shows how fast the relationship is being damaged and if not fixed it could ruin the relationship forever. I justified this through the last line that said something about him not being able to close the distance he set in motion.

Hopefully this gets me at least and A. :daydreaming:

That's sounds good I compared manhunt and fathers bride 😊
Reply 1001
Original post by phoebeisgreat
I feel exactly the same way-do you know if the grade boundaries are normally low??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally, but worried they'll be higher this year because I know lots of people felt quite confident in their Bayonet Charge answer, and lots of people (especially those who did the relationship cluster) found the unseen easy
ATTENTION! PLEASE READ:

I do character and voice, and chose to compare Brendon Gallacher with the poem Give.

No one else did this.

I am about to chop my legs off! Is this comparison ok?????
Original post by Hot&Spicy
ATTENTION! PLEASE READ:

I do character and voice, and chose to compare Brendon Gallacher with the poem Give.

No one else did this.

I am about to chop my legs off! Is this comparison ok?????

Ofc it is okay! I did Brendan and Checking out my history x
How much did everyone write for each question?!
Original post by srw98
don't worry I did exactly the same:frown:

That does not make me feel better.
[QUOTE=joannaawhitee;56120261]How much did everyone write for each question?!

This person in my year wrote a total of 11 sides wtf, that's a lot and did anyone do the relationship cluster I compared manhunt to QuickDraw. I wanted it to be either nettles, to his coy mistress, brothers, sonnet 43 and sonnet 116
Original post by dinnerwithdahmer
Did anyone compare Sister Maude with Brothers?
I would have chosen Manhunt but sadly, it was the one poem I didn't actually revise. Sister Maude I wasn't too confident with either as I'd mainly prepared for a THCM/Hour comparison. Panicking over here.

i did the same
Did u do manhunt and QuickDraw, what did u talk about I talked about the structure of QuickDraw being irregular then regular suggesting ambiguity along with the repetition at the end, form for both and repetition, imagery, enjambment and other stuff
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
Yes there was a question about this on the foundation paper

Ah, ok! Didn't realise you did the foundation paper :-)
Original post by rumana101
i did the same

Yay! It wasn't too obscure after all, what a relief :tongue:
I compared My Last Duchess to The River God for pride, I writ a lot about structure and how they are both proud of their power and how they are both proud of killing a women. Nobody else compred these two, have I ****ed up?
Same what do you hope to get and what did u put for the unseen
Original post by Stows66
What poems did people compare Brendan Gallacher with?

Medusa :colondollar:
Yeah I talked about repetition as well. Also about the form the look of it doesn't seem to change suggesting the speakers love towards the person is constant. I also talked about cliche in the weak knees it allows us to relate to her love and because it is used to often it tells us that what she feels is normal for love. Also how the positive out ways the negatives etC
So do I !! 😀😁 Good luck for this exam and the rest
Original post by joannaawhitee

I wrote 3 and a half for the first and 2 pages for the second you?
Original post by joannaawhitee

I meant sides not pages
What did people write for the unseen poem???
For the damaged relationships did anyone else do manhunt and sister maude??????????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending