The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Chemistry CH1 May 22nd 2015

Scroll to see replies

Lmaoooo, I hate like 8 degrees in temp rise according to my line of best fit. Well this can't be good :frown:
Original post by Faisalshamallakh
Lmaoooo, I hate like 8 degrees in temp rise according to my line of best fit. Well this can't be good :frown:

At least yours was close haha, you were only off by a couple of degrees, whereas I got 2 degrees. That was probably the dodgiest question on the paper though so thats ok
Reply 182
What did you guys get for the value of x ? ( the 3 mark question) :smile:
Original post by HG_07

I got x=4
Original post by HG_07

I got x as 4
Original post by Jack1066
At least yours was close haha, you were only off by a couple of degrees, whereas I got 2 degrees. That was probably the dodgiest question on the paper though so thats ok

Yeah but lets be honest, WJEC won't care if it's 2 or 8, They just care if it's within their values, if it's not it's wrong. Would we even get follow through marks for the temperature we used? :s
Original post by Faisalshamallakh
Yeah but lets be honest, WJEC won't care if it's 2 or 8, They just care if it's within their values, if it's not it's wrong. Would we even get follow through marks for the temperature we used? :s

The follow up questions rely on a previous answer so I think we should get error carried forward
Reply 187
Original post by Sh4hid96
I got x as 4

Yep! Got the same too :smile:
Overall I thought it was a difficult paper. They done things in this paper which haven't been done before. Like the way for example, they presented the equilibrium question, or that last page which completely surprised me, as it was like no other graph I've seen before. Also, the calculations throughout were tricky, so I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year. Thats just my opinion, but I did think that it was a difficult paper.
i messed up so much
compared to yesterdays biology that was actually hell for me
spent about 20 minutes finding x, it went from 1 to 9 to 0.1 and i settled on 9. i know its wrong
I couldn't work out x so when they told us to put our pens down I just put the answer as 4 as a complete guess.. Reckon I would have got all 3 marks?! Talk about luck

I had a 10 rise? not sure what they were asking there
Original post by Qwertykeyboard15
I couldn't work out x so when they told us to put our pens down I just put the answer as 4 as a complete guess.. Reckon I would have got all 3 marks?! Talk about luck

thats so lucky, that's what i was doing at 'pens down' as well

Wow! You should get at least one, I do think you need to show your calculations though. I think I can remember the question stating to show your calculations.

The question said YOU MUST show workings, so you'll probably get nothing if you didn't show any working. Sounds like you had a sneaky peek lol
I worked out a few things such as moles so hopefully I might get one mark ... someones clearly being a little bit sour cause I had a lucky guess! It's impossible to see anyone's paper in the exam

I said IF you didnt show any workings and thats great for you man. Im gonna try that "guessing" technique in ch2, hopefully im sittin by a smart guy like you.
Original post by Mr Bill
I said IF you didnt show any workings and thats great for you man. Im gonna try that "guessing" technique in ch2, hopefully im sittin by a smart guy like you.

You sound a bit NaCl
You sound a bit NaCl

You sound a bit sodium chloride, is this smart white people jokes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending