The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Final day of my placement tomorrow, passed with a 2 but think i may get in from school tomorrow nd either sob/throwup/fall asleep, not necessarily in that order....
Original post by Red Lightning
Got a 2 for my final placement. So happy right now! Thanks guys!

Original post by Ratchit99
Final day of my placement tomorrow, passed with a 2 but think i may get in from school tomorrow nd either sob/throwup/fall asleep, not necessarily in that order....

Well done guys! I'm still on a 3 at the moment, hoping to be where you guys are soon!
Congratulations to all those coming to the end. Majorly jealous. Well done with your 2s.

It's been a journey hasn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
I don't know anything about Sheffield Hallam but I wouldn't worry about pre-course stuff. We still have a good while left and the main thing to do is relax and prepare mentally for the course! They are probably still thinking about how this year has gone and how they should base next year on that.

xxx

Thanks for the reassurance! Lots of other people seem to be getting all kinds of info so I got a bit worried - but like you said it is only May :smile: good luck with the rest of your placement!
I'm on interview sitting in their staff room. So nervous. Just the actual interview to go. Fingers crossed I'm not cut.
Got through to the end of the day. Just waiting to hear now. That's definitely the worst bit for me. I feel like I can't answer anything as well as somebody with experience could.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Got through to the end of the day. Just waiting to hear now. That's definitely the worst bit for me. I feel like I can't answer anything as well as somebody with experience could.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed for you. They know how much experience you've got, so they won't expect you to know everything already.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Fingers crossed for you. They know how much experience you've got, so they won't expect you to know everything already.

Didn't get it :frown: Went for the experienced candidate again based on strength of lesson. We were neck and neck apart from her slightly better lesson. Gah.

Annoying. At what point do I start to worry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't get it :frown: Went for the experienced candidate again based on strength of lesson. We were neck and neck apart from her slightly better lesson. Gah.

Annoying. At what point do I start to worry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear. I am sorry.:frown: I wouldn't worry just yet. The longer time goes on, the more the odds are in your favour as existing members of staff won't be able to give their notice in in time to start in September. After May 31st, new NQTs have pretty much got it all to themselves.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Oh dear. I am sorry.:frown: I wouldn't worry just yet. The longer time goes on, the more the odds are in your favour as existing members of staff won't be able to give their notice in in time to start in September. After May 31st, new NQTs have pretty much got it all to themselves.

I'm not too gutted. Everyone's telling me that not getting it is just more experience for the one I do finally set my heart on.

Just found another to apply for much closer to home (and my girlfriend's workplace) so I'll go and get that application sorted when I get home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not too gutted. Everyone's telling me that not getting it is just more experience for the one I do finally set my heart on.

Just found another to apply for much closer to home (and my girlfriend's workplace) so I'll go and get that application sorted when I get home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the spirit.
I stupidly booked a holiday without thinking for two weeks in June once I've finished the course and I'm dreading my perfect job interviewing in that fortnight. However there is not much I can do about that now.

Sorry you didn't get the job ParadoxSocks. I know that dropping feeling you get when they tell you :frown: . Onwards though... I don't think we have to worry just yet. I seem like the only trainee on my course without a job at the moment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jellybears
Thanks for the reassurance! Lots of other people seem to be getting all kinds of info so I got a bit worried - but like you said it is only May :smile: good luck with the rest of your placement!

I'm not on placement but thanks! Actually did the PGCE the year before last. I just realised I said we in my post as if I am starting another... Dear god no! It was an amazing experience but one is enough for life lol.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airfairy
I seem like the only trainee on my course without a job at the moment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt like the only trainee without a job on mine too... Even in to the start of the school year! But it worked out fine, I still finished my NQT year by the next summer. And, as it happened, I came across several other people who didn't just go straight into a year of teaching. They just aren't as easy to spot when you are worrying and your friends are getting jobs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else stupid enough to sign up for GCSE or A-Level exam marking alongside a PGCE?

Original post by kpwxx
I felt like the only trainee without a job on mine too... Even in to the start of the school year! But it worked out fine, I still finished my NQT year by the next summer. And, as it happened, I came across several other people who didn't just go straight into a year of teaching. They just aren't as easy to spot when you are worrying and your friends are getting jobs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I guess there will be others in my position too (this thread proves it!).
Original post by kpwxx
I'm not on placement but thanks! Actually did the PGCE the year before last. I just realised I said we in my post as if I am starting another... Dear god no! It was an amazing experience but one is enough for life lol.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case good luck with the rest of the term? :P
Still don't know if I'm going to pass this course. Am going through a formal process to decide what happens next.
Original post by alabelle
Still don't know if I'm going to pass this course. Am going through a formal process to decide what happens next.

How much time on placement do you have left? I can't believe it has come down to this for you and I'm so sorry to hear it. The course is bad enough without being on the edge of not passing it. When will you know the outcome of this 'formal process'?
Can someone give me some advice?

I get 60 masters credits on my pgce and I found out I failed my 10 credit essay today (I got 46). They said it was well written but completely didn't answer the question. I disagree. No matter how much I reread it I don't understand how it doesn't answer it but that's besides the point.

Does anyone have any idea what happens if 10 of my credits are passed at level 6 and the rest at level 7? Do I not get a pgce?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airfairy
Can someone give me some advice?

I get 60 masters credits on my pgce and I found out I failed my 10 credit essay today (I got 46). They said it was well written but completely didn't answer the question. I disagree. No matter how much I reread it I don't understand how it doesn't answer it but that's besides the point.

Does anyone have any idea what happens if 10 of my credits are passed at level 6 and the rest at level 7? Do I not get a pgce?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't answer your question directly ... I just wonder why you can't resubmit? A couple of people on my course were down to the wire on a couple of deadlines and decided to just submit any old crap because they could hand another in a few days later. Guess different unis do things differently?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending