The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trisha10001
How's everyone's revision going ? :smile:
Has anyone finished revision and onto past papers yet

Yeah I only have 1 paper left per unit as I try to do one every now and again throughout the year so I'm a tad bored now :frown:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Yeah I only have 1 paper left per unit as I try to do one every now and again throughout the year so I'm a tad bored now :frown:

I haven't even finished revision let alone past papers. I hope I'm not too behind with revision
Original post by Baloney26
I go through it when I'm making essay plans, killing two birds with one stone!

so do I, but I still can't seem to remember it! feels so long ago!
I haven't even finished revision let alone past papers. I hope I'm not too behind with revision

You still have time! I'm just one of those people who spreads their revision out over the whole year as I hate trying to cram in the last few weeks. The downside of that is utter boredom! :redface:
Haven't done a paper yet, I've been focusing on my other exams and have forgotten everything about bio unit 5! :frown:

I might start looking at the essay questions first and then do the other section after. That way, I can plan for the essay and also revise at the same time.... :biggrin:

btw, do you guys prefer to print the papers out before doing them or do you prefer to just sit infront of your laptop and do it? Was having a discussion with friends at school and am just wondering on peoples preference O.o
(edited 8 years ago)
How are you revising the essay plans? Are you writing them out in full or bullet points? And are you getting the questions off past papers or making them up?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi does anyone have any amazing biol5 or biol4 notes haven't done any revision
You still have time! I'm just one of those people who spreads their revision out over the whole year as I hate trying to cram in the last few weeks. The downside of that is utter boredom! :redface:

Haha true.. but unit 5 is way more interesting than unit 4 :tongue:

I hate those application and how science works questions :/ Never seem to be good at them.
Still plenty of time...
Too early to do revision or past papers for this exam. I would just forget it by the time the exam comes about
How many points do you all write down for your essay? Markscheme doesn't make it entirely clear on how marks are assigned for the essay...
Original post by Bustamove
How many points do you all write down for your essay? Markscheme doesn't make it entirely clear on how marks are assigned for the essay...

Hey, you can get a total of 25 marks from the essay at the end of a BIOL 5 paper. 16 marks for content, 3 for Breadth, 3 for relevance and 3 for communication. Using the mark scheme attempt to cover at least one point from each section detailed in the mark scheme and have a no less than 5 points to talk about in your essay. Well that is what Iv been told anyways :smile:
Original post by sodaman96
Hey, you can get a total of 25 marks from the essay at the end of a BIOL 5 paper. 16 marks for content, 3 for Breadth, 3 for relevance and 3 for communication. Using the mark scheme attempt to cover at least one point from each section detailed in the mark scheme and have a no less than 5 points to talk about in your essay. Well that is what Iv been told anyways :smile:

Right thank you... I've been looking at the mark scheme and examiner reports, and usually examiner reports state that information given by students contains alot of content but they do not link it well enough to the question. It doesn't state if they're still given marks for it as it may vary, but would they still give marks if the content wasn't linked properly to the question?

e.g. Title from 2014 =How energy is transferred within and between organisms.

"There were many references to ATP and its formation from ADP. It was much rarer to seereferences to how it is involved in transfers of energy"

"Many accounts contained a lot offactual recall but did not make a real point about chemical energy in ATP beingconserved/used in movement, or being transduced/transformed into kinetic energy"

As it's 16 marks for content... say I just wrote a bunch of things about ATP but I didn't actually link it properly to how energy is transferred.. How many marks would I get? I'm guessing very little, but then it is still content? ahh it's stressing me out...

do you guys go for quality over quantity? or just spew all over the paper?
Haven't done a paper yet, I've been focusing on my other exams and have forgotten everything about bio unit 5! :frown:

I might start looking at the essay questions first and then do the other section after. That way, I can plan for the essay and also revise at the same time.... :biggrin:

btw, do you guys prefer to print the papers out before doing them or do you prefer to just sit infront of your laptop and do it? Was having a discussion with friends at school and am just wondering on peoples preference O.o

I do them by looking at the papers on my laptop...not a preference as such but a way to save printer ink ha:')
Original post by sidney1
Still plenty of time...
Too early to do revision or past papers for this exam. I would just forget it by the time the exam comes about

Guess it depends on what you like to do...I prefer to learn stuff as I go along as even though it's hard work for the whole year I don't get the cramming stress a few weeks before, and it's the only way for me to go into the exam feeling confident and knowing I've covered everything :smile:
Haha true.. but unit 5 is way more interesting than unit 4 :tongue:

I hate those application and how science works questions :/ Never seem to be good at them.

Yeah I despise HSW questions. They're so hard to revise for as there aren't many "stock answers". I usually just write everything I can think of that might be related and sometimes it works :tongue:
Yeah I despise HSW questions. They're so hard to revise for as there aren't many "stock answers". I usually just write everything I can think of that might be related and sometimes it works :tongue:

Haha.. yh you might be lucky :tongue: but U never know with aqa
Does CO2 cause blood PH levels to increase or decrease? I can't find it in my book anywhere and it's stressing me out!.. maybe I'm just not seeing it O.o
Reply 257
Does CO2 cause blood PH levels to increase or decrease? I can't find it in my book anywhere and it's stressing me out!.. maybe I'm just not seeing it O.o

Hey,
CO2 is acidic so if it's highly concentrated in the blood it will cause a decrease in pH.

I'd definitely say I prefer printing it out and feeling pen on paper. Feels like the real thing.
Original post by Ozy96
Hey,
CO2 is acidic so if it's highly concentrated in the blood it will cause a decrease in pH.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending