The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meraki123
Thank you so much for your help! I just paid my deposit and I can't believe that this is happening! ^o^

You're more than welcome! I'm always here to help when you may need me, even when you come to Falmouth! It's so exciting and I hope you really enjoy it here :smile:
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by charlottei
I know this is a bit of an odd request, but if anyone has pics of the glasney bedrooms then please share :smile: especially ones with different floor colours! (I'm planning my room decor aha)

Hello!!! Here are some photos of my room when I moved it and when I sorted out all my stuff :smile: Hope this helps!
Original post by chloetheunicorn
I have an offer for Photography. Thanks for starting the thread :smile:

Hi Chloe, Congratulations on your offer! If you're still planning to come to Falmouth it is a beautiful place for Photography! Which course are you doing? I'm a first year BA Photographer, and just wanted to let you know if you have any questions about the course, or the Uni in general, don't hesitate to ask!
Original post by chloetheunicorn
I have an offer for Photography. Thanks for starting the thread :smile:

Hey Chloe! Congrats on your offer. I have just finished my first year at Falmouth, also studying Photography. I hope you're super excited to start but please don't hesitate to ask if you have any queries or questions. Always here to help! 😊😊
Original post by Hughesy143
didn't apply for accommodation in time and have ended up in shared rooms, i'm quite far down the list (didn't apply till late april, about the 28th, mainly because the accommodation website didn't work for a while and i had a lot of problems with the process so ended up getting the application done about 10 days after i actually tried to do it the first time) is anyone else in the same boat where they were only offered shared rooms? my sister used to live in falmouth so i can use the flat she lived in but i feel like if i'm not living in student halls i will miss out on making friends/parties etc, does anyone know if rooms will actually free up?

Hey! I was in the same boat as you last year. You can appeal if you have circumstances where you feel you need a single room, which I did. This makes you higher up on the list but you probably won't know if your appeal is successful till soon before move in day. I ended up in a single room, but they told me that usually everyone in shared gets a single room by Christmas. Hope this is helpful for you, but if you have any questions about it, message me! x
Original post by Failinis
I am getting nervous as the finial project deadline is looming and I really need a pass to meet the conditions :s-smilie:

Don't panic! As it's a creative arts Uni, the tutors care more about your interview and the work you showed them than your grades! My alevel grades didn't meet the criteria but I got in last year! :smile:
Reply 246
Although I've not been allocated a shared room personally, I've just accepted my offer and reading through the info I found that you're not provided with the details of your room (presumably including who you're sharing with) until just before moving in. As cmauldholmes said, it makes sense as they need to know exactly who is coming before they can start allocating specific rooms.

So yeah it looks like you might have to wait a little while. :/
Sorry you didn't manage to get your first choice by the way

I only found out if I was in parc or view a few weeks before move in I think, and then on moving in day did I know my block and flat.
Original post by DCP0
I only found out if I was in parc or view a few weeks before move in I think, and then on moving in day did I know my block and flat.

Ahh, okay, thanks for letting me know! Oh well, it will be a nice surprise on the day then. :smile:
Hey everyone, been quietly watching this thread for alittle bit, got my accommodation offer today, looks like I'll be sharing a room with a bunk. Not quite the setup I was hoping for but heres to making the best of it. Super, super exited to be starting at falmouth though everyone seemed like just my type of people and my course looks amazing. I'm not used to sharing a room or any space for that matter, living as an only child for nineteen years, if anyone has advice on how to get used to sharing spaces I'd very much appreciate it. All the best everone if I'm lucky I might meet some of you come september.
Hey, I noticed the 2014 Falmouth freshers thread was already made by this point in the year, so I thought it was about time we had one too! :biggrin:

So who has received offers from/firmed Falmouth, and what subjects are you all doing?

I have a conditional from Falmouth and I'm 99.9% sure that I'm firming it on UCAS (idk why there's a 0.1% holding me back... I should just firm it already! T.T). Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
I saw (from other comments on this thread) that you're doing graphic design; me too!! :biggrin: nice to meet you, future course-mate (if I get into Falmouth that is and I really hope I do...^^)
Reply 250
Woo! got my accommodation email today, Glasney Village bound anyone on here staying in a shared study room? or know what the set up is like of a room like that?
Reply 251
Original post by Abbey45
Woo! got my accommodation email today, Glasney Village bound anyone on here staying in a shared study room? or know what the set up is like of a room like that?

Got my offer for a shared study room yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 252
Original post by Ellie~
Got my offer for a shared study room yesterday :biggrin:

Ah that's exciting! :smile:
what course are you doing? x
I am doing my masters down at Falmouth in September, so I am new to the uni too (although I do actually live in Cornwall..)

I also work in Newquay Zoo, so you know where to go if any of you want free zoo tickets, ha :')
Reply 254
Original post by Abbey45
Ah that's exciting! :smile:
what course are you doing? x

Television :smile: What about you? :biggrin: Also, how do you feel about sharing a room? My first choice was a single room, but I shared with my sister for quite a few years so I'm used to it haha
Reply 255
Original post by Ellie~
Television :smile: What about you? :biggrin: Also, how do you feel about sharing a room? My first choice was a single room, but I shared with my sister for quite a few years so I'm used to it haha

Aw awesome! Im doing dance and choreography :smile:
im pretty scared tbh my first choice was single aswell and i also shared with my sister when i was younger. I just really hope i get on with who i share with id hate for it to be awkward. And ill have to learn to be nore tidy haha. But at the same time could be really cool sharing the whole experience with someone. How about you?
Original post by JamesFL
Hey everyone, been quietly watching this thread for alittle bit, got my accommodation offer today, looks like I'll be sharing a room with a bunk. Not quite the setup I was hoping for but heres to making the best of it. Super, super exited to be starting at falmouth though everyone seemed like just my type of people and my course looks amazing. I'm not used to sharing a room or any space for that matter, living as an only child for nineteen years, if anyone has advice on how to get used to sharing spaces I'd very much appreciate it. All the best everone if I'm lucky I might meet some of you come september.

Hey, nice to meet you! I'm ridiculously excited about starting as well. :biggrin:

Although I'm not going to be sharing a room, I'm coming to Falmouth as an only child too and I agree - it will be a huge change. I'm guessing it will be a lot louder and busier than my house, that's for sure.

What course are you going to be doing? :smile:

Original post by tamnhauser
I am doing my masters down at Falmouth in September, so I am new to the uni too (although I do actually live in Cornwall..)

I also work in Newquay Zoo, so you know where to go if any of you want free zoo tickets, ha :')

Okay I'm not going to lie I might have got a bit excited when I read you work at the zoo (I'm a big animal person aha). I didn't even know there was one anywhere near Falmouth, so I'll definitely be visiting. :biggrin:
Original post by vidishashenoy
I have a conditional from Falmouth and I'm 99.9% sure that I'm firming it on UCAS (idk why there's a 0.1% holding me back... I should just firm it already! T.T). Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
I saw (from other comments on this thread) that you're doing graphic design; me too!! :biggrin: nice to meet you, future course-mate (if I get into Falmouth that is and I really hope I do...^^)

Oh I was just like that when I was preparing to firm my place! Eventually I just forced myself to do it so I could apply for accommodation sooner, aha. Yeah I'd recommend just going for it as soon as you're sure it's the right choice. :biggrin: Mine's a conditional at 260 UCAS points I think, which I'm pretty certain I'm going to achieve as I'm predicted higher in all of my subjects, so thankfully it's not too stressful at the moment. :smile:

And woo it's nice to see someone else on the Graphic Design course, Hopefully I'll see you in September!
Oh I was just like that when I was preparing to firm my place! Eventually I just forced myself to do it so I could apply for accommodation sooner, aha. Yeah I'd recommend just going for it as soon as you're sure it's the right choice. :biggrin: Mine's a conditional at 260 UCAS points I think, which I'm pretty certain I'm going to achieve as I'm predicted higher in all of my subjects, so thankfully it's not too stressful at the moment. :smile:

And woo it's nice to see someone else on the Graphic Design course, Hopefully I'll see you in September!

I eventually did go for Falmouth... I firmed it last night :biggrin: I knew I'd have to do it soon since one of the scholarships I'll be applying for has a deadline on the 29th of this month, so I need to get a move on and start writing my statement.
My conditions are 260 UCAS points too, and I'm hoping that I'll get just above 260 (if I'm lucky... I'm honestly a bit of a slacker when it comes to sitting down and studying... I guess Art was the only exception xD)

Hopefully, I'll see you in September too :smile:
Reply 259
Original post by Abbey45
Aw awesome! Im doing dance and choreography :smile:
im pretty scared tbh my first choice was single aswell and i also shared with my sister when i was younger. I just really hope i get on with who i share with id hate for it to be awkward. And ill have to learn to be nore tidy haha. But at the same time could be really cool sharing the whole experience with someone. How about you?

oh cool! yeah, i mean there are downsides but also some upsides, as long as both people get on well together :smile: i'm incredibly untidy so i'll need to work on that haha. but even if we hate it, a friend of mine who is already at falmouth told me that pretty much all of the people she knew who were sharing were able to move to a single room by christmas, so it should be alright :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest