The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kitty201322
Thank you - what I fmd frustrating is people in my college found it really easy like really really -.- & good luck To you to x

Really. People at mine found it hard. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Just revise really hard for Unit 2. It's a bigger percentage so can pull your grade up to an A x

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats impossible for me i feel like i've got a D in this chem 1 paper :frown:
Original post by kandykissesxox

You don't know what the grade boundaries will be like. A lot of people found the paper difficult.

Worrying about this paper isn't going to change anything. Just focus on Unit 2 now and do intense revision x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
You don't know what the grade boundaries will be like. A lot of people found the paper difficult.

Worrying about this paper isn't going to change anything. Just focus on Unit 2 now and do intense revision x

Posted from TSR Mobile

*sigh* okay but there is no hope for me even getting a C

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive for that which will benefit you, seek the help of Allah, and do not feel helpless. If anything befalls you, do not say, "if only I had done such and such" rather say "Qaddara Allahu wa ma sha'a fa'ala (Allah has decreed and whatever he wills, He does)." For (saying) 'If' opens (the door) to the deeds of Satan.'"
[Sunan Ibn Majah]

"No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's Decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come on your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee.''
['Umar ibn al-Khattab]

I remember this if i feel bad about how an exam went. Makes me feel better

Same. But I tell myself it's not the end of the world :smile: You can always resit your exam, but better is to revise, do good on Unit 2, and get a great AS score :smile:
*sigh* okay but there is no hope for me even getting a C

Don't lose hope yet!

Original post by Princess Q
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive for that which will benefit you, seek the help of Allah, and do not feel helpless. If anything befalls you, do not say, "if only I had done such and such" rather say "Qaddara Allahu wa ma sha'a fa'ala (Allah has decreed and whatever he wills, He does)." For (saying) 'If' opens (the door) to the deeds of Satan.'"
[Sunan Ibn Majah]

"No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's Decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come on your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee.''
['Umar ibn al-Khattab]

I remember this if i feel bad about how an exam went. Makes me feel better

This made me feel a lot better. JZK for sharing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Don't lose hope yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol idc about this tbh..
lol idc about this tbh..

I thought you were muslim :confused:

I guess if you dont believe it then it wont help you much :dontknow:

But it really helps me move on and accept that my performance in the exam was decreed
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think it went craaaaap, there goes my A* overall and my medicine offers

who said i was?
I didn't like the test, I really liked the amount of substance questions I think I got most of my marks on there but I made so many stupid mistakes, I lost a good 20 marks (probs more). I screwed up the first question and I couldn't even do the calculation for the abundance which I screwed up some how. Also somehow I got 5.5 for the crystallisation and rounded it down to 5.
I'm just hoping for a C, because there is no way I got anything above that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3093
Guys! This is for edexcel unit 1 paper that was sat yesterday.... Urm there was a question where you had to work out the mass of something given that 250 Cm^3 of hcl? (I think) and the temp was 50 degree ?? Can't remmeber something like that and I got 14g isn't that too much??
Reply 3094
Is there a thread for the OCR Chemistry F322 exam?? I can't find it :colondollar:
Just out of interest,

For anyone who did the Edexcel AA chemistry paper on Friday, for the 'how much solid is needed to raise the temperature of 250 cm3 of water by 15? Degrees, did anyone get 11.4g or 11. Something?
Looking in here, no one has!
It was worth 3 marks so some of the explanations on here seem a bit straight forward for 3 marks!

Thanks!
Original post by Leeki
Guys! This is for edexcel unit 1 paper that was sat yesterday.... Urm there was a question where you had to work out the mass of something given that 250 Cm^3 of hcl? (I think) and the temp was 50 degree ?? Can't remmeber something like that and I got 14g isn't that too much??

Original post by JustAGuyy
Just out of interest,

For anyone who did the Edexcel AA chemistry paper on Friday, for the 'how much solid is needed to raise the temperature of 250 cm3 of water by 15? Degrees, did anyone get 11.4g or 11. Something?
Looking in here, no one has!
It was worth 3 marks so some of the explanations on here seem a bit straight forward for 3 marks!

Thanks!

7.45g for sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any peeps here doing ccea as section B on wednesday?
Im struggling to write notes on the organic techniques as i dont know how much detail is required!
For oxidation of alcohols, do you have to say both K2Cr2O7 AND H2SO4?

OCR A

Thanks
Original post by chuckster111
For oxidation of alcohols, do you have to say both K2Cr2O7 AND H2SO4?

OCR A

Thanks

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest