The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMathsMan
C1 was a very standard paper, you seem to be blaming the paper for your mistakes but compared to C2 .... C1 was very similar to past papers.
I'll even break it down ...
First question - Extremely easy surds question ...
Basic simultaneous equation question ... just like any other
Easy Integration and Differentiation question ... just like any other
The easiest first part sequences question so far ... it was a literal joke
Basic roots question ... obvious to complete the square
Basic tangent and more differentiation questions ... just like any other
Question 7 may have thrown people off but it was the usual thing that you would do so it was a standard introduction to a good thinking question
Basic factorisation and drawing of sketch ... and length
Easy sequence question that doesn't even require any thinking
Easy integration ... last parallel may have thrown people off but it has been in a few past papers and was a standard question

So it was a standard and fair paper ... if you're expecting the grade boundaries to go down for that you may need to think again.

It certainly wasn't as simple. But I agree, I doubt C1 grade boundaries will be low. Probably just under the average, just.
I know that a my mum who is a maths teacher said the paper was quite a hard paper. Because it had quite a few twisty questions. Just because some people saw what the twists were, most in my year didn't so lost a lot of marks. Even though I don't think the boundaries will be ridiculously low, I do think they will be lower

Just get through alive
I'm so upset with how c2 went :frown:( did so much practice and was getting high a's in every past paper...
If I were to get 80% in c1 and 60% or maybe less in c2, what do you think I'd need to to get to secure an A overall?? (I'm doing S1 next) I'm just really hoping that I can still get an A because I've worked so hard with maths throughout the year and I know how disappointed I would be, might resit these two next year to help with my overall A level grade! Replies would be appreciated to reassure me, many thanks :smile:
Original post by mrt1997
I'm so upset with how c2 went :frown:( did so much practice and was getting high a's in every past paper...
If I were to get 80% in c1 and 60% or maybe less in c2, what do you think I'd need to to get to secure an A overall?? (I'm doing S1 next) I'm just really hoping that I can still get an A because I've worked so hard with maths throughout the year and I know how disappointed I would be, might resit these two next year to help with my overall A level grade! Replies would be appreciated to reassure me, many thanks :smile:

Aim for 100% Thats what im doing anyway
Im sorta im a similar position to you but got better in c2, c1 i did rubbish in

Posted from TSR Mobile
for 9a on c2 where you had to prove the cylinder. I wasn't able to do this but I wrote down 'pie r^2 = 75 as well as the formula for the surface area 2pie r h +2 pie r^2 would I get any marks? moreover when factorissing by (2x+1) for question 3 I think I only did half, I wasnt able to find the other numbers I got up to 3x^2 +0x^2-48 and left it there. How many marks would I get in total?
Reply 3565
Original post by mrt1997

omg sameee, im aiming for an A and got 45/75 in this c2, whilst with all the other i was geting in the 60s, im hoping that i can still get an A, but its looking really difficult now thoe
Original post by boyyo
omg sameee, im aiming for an A and got 45/75 in this c2, whilst with all the other i was geting in the 60s, im hoping that i can still get an A, but its looking really difficult now thoe

What did you get in c1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3567
by looking at arseys paper 64
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Did anyone do the jan 15 international paper as revision and realise that the binomial expansion in our paper this year was identical to the one in the jan 15 ial except from a sign change and the remainder theorem was almost identical aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3569
Original post by domcandrews
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Did anyone do the jan 15 international paper as revision and realise that the binomial expansion in our paper this year was identical to the one in the jan 15 ial except from a sign change and the remainder theorem was almost identical aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didnt know there was one lol, where did u find it
Really annoyed at myself in thus paper wrote down and used the wrong equation on one question and didn't realise question 9 existed till three minutes before the end. From the sounds of it people haven't done so well so hope the grade boundaries drop :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3572
Hey guys
I think I roughly got 62 in c1 and 67 in c2 what would I need in s1 for an A ?
Thankyou
Reply 3573
Original post by Z1111
Hey guys
I think I roughly got 62 in c1 and 67 in c2 what would I need in s1 for an A ?
Thankyou

Seems like you got an A in both papers, just keep up the mark :smile:

80% will be fine
Hey guys, someone please reply :frown:
I got around 60-62 for both c1 and c2, how many marks would I need in s1 to achieve an A?
Original post by boyyo
i didnt know there was one lol, where did u find it

website called physics and maths tutor, it has all the past papers, r papers, international papers. mock papers, specimen papers and loads of useful resources.
Original post by imran_
Hey guys, someone please reply :frown:
I got around 60-62 for both c1 and c2, how many marks would I need in s1 to achieve an A?

They're both probably high B's so you'll need a solid A in s1 but depends on grade boundaries. Just aim to do really well in s1 in case the grade boundaries for c1 and c2 are like 62/63 for an A. My advice aim for 90 ums which is 69/70 in s1 just to be totally safe of getting an overall A grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there an unofficial markscheme out for this exam?
Can someone please tell me ... when you get exam certificates will I get ones for the units C1,C2,S1 or just an overall one ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending