The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Apparently a college has to let you in but you do a certain btec where you basically need to re-do GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you will be accepted in somewhere
(edited 8 years ago)
you will get into a college it's not like youre applying to university LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by quentinhamilton
I'm sure you will be accepted in somewhere

What happens if I don't? Nowhere has yet, and it's almost June. What would happen if no one gets back to me by September?
Reply 5
Original post by sandvika
Apparently a college has to let you in but you do a certain btec where you basically need to re-do GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to re-do English and Maths if you get below a C, but I'm pretty sure that I will get at least a B in both.
Original post by lindsvely
What happens if I don't? Nowhere has yet, and it's almost June. What would happen if no one gets back to me by September?

I'm sure you can email/contact places after you get your results since some people won't be accepted though they were given a place due to poor GCSE grades
Reply 7
Original post by wifeyriddim
you will get into a college it's not like youre applying to university LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just getting worried, because no one has gotten back to me since September.
Reply 8
I'm sure you can email/contact places after you get your results since some people won't be accepted though they were given a place due to poor GCSE grades

It's not that I haven't applied, but no one has gotten back yet. I have already applied to every college near me. I have even applied to colleges in Cambridgeshire, Plymouth, and Yorkshire, and I live in Bedfordshire.
I'm just getting worried, because no one has gotten back to me since September.

The colleges havent contacted you at all since september?
Normally you would have some kind of interview or induction or something like that.
Id contact them to make sure you have a place.
It's not that I haven't applied, but no one has gotten back yet. I have already applied to every college near me. I have even applied to colleges in Cambridgeshire, Plymouth, and Yorkshire, and I live in Bedfordshire.
What?! When you say college, do you mean a place to do your A Levels? If yes then that is probably why they haven't contacted you back
Reply 11
What?! When you say college, do you mean a place to do your A Levels? If yes then that is probably why they haven't contacted you back

I obviously only applied that far out because the colleges near me didn't reply.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Emma:-)
The colleges havent contacted you at all since september?
Normally you would have some kind of interview or induction or something like that.
Id contact them to make sure you have a place.

Exactly, literally nothing from anyone. That's my worry, I don't think I have anywhere to go after the summer.
Exactly, literally nothing from anyone. That's my worry, I don't think I have anywhere to go after the summer.

Well contact them then
Reply 14
I'm 16, but obviously, one has to stay in education up to the age of 18. I haven't been accepted into any colleges or sixth forms. Will I get into any trouble with the law if I'm not in education because I wasn't accepted? I'm not really sure what the law specifically is, and I can't find anything answering this question online.

It's okay, if none of them have replied just call them up on results day or personally go to the college with your results. You're bound to get into at least one, don't worry you won't be left without a college!
yr a bit dumb m8
I'm 16, but obviously, one has to stay in education up to the age of 18. I haven't been accepted into any colleges or sixth forms. Will I get into any trouble with the law if I'm not in education because I wasn't accepted? I'm not really sure what the law specifically is, and I can't find anything answering this question online.

Omg I thought I was the only one like I also applied to many sixth forms but none of them accepted me yet and all my friends already got multiple offers, I'm worried I won't get anyplace from anywhere!!!
Hey did you get into one since today was results day?
Even me...but my case is kinda different bcoz I recently came here and applied late and most of them replied by saying that i got rejected bcoz i sent the application late. My one year will get wasted if i dont get in anywhere and im really worried anout this😭😭

Latest