The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Chemistry CH1 May 22nd 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HG_07
The energy required for one mole of electrons to be removed from one mole of is gaseous state (or atoms)
Can't remember if I put state or atoms :/

That's what I said, atoms because atoms are equal p and e's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrimeLime
And that's why everyone loves TSR! :h:
But seriously, TSR is not for the faint-hearted XD.
What did you find hard about (I'm assuming WJEC) C1? How did C2 go?

Loool,

WJEC C1 was absolute rubbish, gonna re-sit that module next year. It wasn't the same as previous past papers. I was so robotic that I actually couldn't adapt my thinking to approach those C1 questions.

Thought C2 was a blessing from WJEC, yet I come on TSR to have that feeling taken away. Walked out confident of an A, now I feel as if im gonna be fighting for a B.

Same with CH1 and BY1.
I'm just hoping that I did better than I did last year. 😞
My adaptability in biology is so good not gonna lie, But then chemistry does one thing different and I completely fall apart

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224
Original post by All_TheCyanide

what did you get last year?
Original post by Faisalshamallakh
Loool,

WJEC C1 was absolute rubbish, gonna re-sit that module next year. It wasn't the same as previous past papers. I was so robotic that I actually couldn't adapt my thinking to approach those C1 questions.

Thought C2 was a blessing from WJEC, yet I come on TSR to have that feeling taken away. Walked out confident of an A, now I feel as if im gonna be fighting for a B.

Same with CH1 and BY1.

Ha weird, I found c1 easy but c2 a nightmare. This is my second time sitting c2 so at this point I've just accepted I can't do c2 and gonna move on with life :biggrin:
Original post by Faisalshamallakh
Loool,

Same with CH1 and BY1.

Did you see the mark scheme for C2? That definitely has all the correct answers so you'll want to check that out if you haven't already before deciding anything. :smile:

Yeah, C2 was very nice but it was especially hard not to make silly mistakes this year; I and and many others made silly mistakes (although by complete chance I managed to correct them :redface:). Oh and the last question seemed to catch a lot more people than I expected it would (but WJEC suddenly think we care about random people's land for some reason? Sheep farming, gardening, maybe we'll see a lumberjack in S1? XD)

You come across as very good at chemistry based on your posts, so I thought you'd have done very well on the paper! What caught you out then, or was it just silly mistakes? Don't worry if that's the case, because I made quite a few more than I usually do too. :redface:
Does anyone know why energy levels get closer together as you go outwards???
I looked it up before and after the exam and never found a good answer...
Thanks. :smile:
I think its because the further you get from the nucleus the energy levels get closer together so the difference of the energy of the photons they give out is less so difference of the frequency of the lines is less so they come out closer together???? Idk if that makes sense
Original post by what-urrp
I think its because the further you get from the nucleus the energy levels get closer together so the difference of the energy of the photons they give out is less so difference of the frequency of the lines is less so they come out closer together???? Idk if that makes sense

it's that as the energy increases energy levels are closer. Fixed differences. Quantum of energy. Quantised energy levels
Reply 230
What did people get for balancing the equation? I think I got 4 4 2 6 or similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by All_TheCyanide

I also done a ch1 resit. Does the highest mark count or is it the latest exam which counts?
Reply 232
Original post by Sh4hid96
I also done a ch1 resit. Does the highest mark count or is it the latest exam which counts?

Me too, this was my resit, they count the highest mark. I think the paper was better this year but i know i've still screwed up some calc. q.s :frown:((
Original post by Sh4hid96

They take the highest mark. 😊

Original post by Aylaar
Me too, this was my resit, they count the highest mark. I think the paper was better this year but i know i've still screwed up some calc. q.s :frown:((

Yeah I screwed up on calculations too. You'll be fine, don't worry!
Original post by Ben_14
what did you get last year?

A D in CH1, E overall. Really I think I've probably done a whole load better, a D is pathetic. But we'll see. 😣
Reply 235
has anyone got a copy of the paper by any chance please?
Original post by Ser_
What did people get for balancing the equation? I think I got 4 4 2 6 or similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it would be better to write it as 2,2,(1),3, but I think that's correct.
Reply 237
Original post by PrimeLime
Well it would be better to write it as 2,2,(1),3, but I think that's correct.

*face palm* of course it would! I think I was so panicked in that exam I just couldn't function properly 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ser_
*face palm* of course it would! I think I was so panicked in that exam I just couldn't function properly 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, my teacher said it doesn't matter what multiple of the ratio you put down, as long as it's correct. :biggrin:
Heck, you might even get away with being cheeky and putting 200,200,100,300 XD.
What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending