The Student Room Group

Whats your financial situation like? as in credit, debit etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quady
Sure, so don't start the thread then :P or at least ask 'what accounts do people have?'

I don't pay a fee on my amex, and I'm getting 1% cashback at the minute, certainly prefer cash (well credit but same difference) to points for flights.

So you get one of the worst cashback cards on the market? :tongue:

Get the Gold at least! :h:
Reply 41
Original post by tehFrance
So you get one of the worst cashback cards on the market? :tongue:

Get the Gold at least! :h:

Doesn't the gold have £140/annum fee?
Compared to my platinum's zero fee thats a tad of difference, another 1.4% on a £10k/annum spend...
Original post by Quady
So you have zero net worth?

Why'd you have a charge card? :s-smilie:

In what plausible way does my post say or show I have 'zero net worth' ?
The fact I didn't state what investments I own, balances in my accounts or on credit cards shows you nothing? As a matter of record half the cards aren't used they just haven't been closed yet.
And the charge card is because it's better than their credit card equivalent, you can't spend what you don't have and it has several nice perks.

Quady, how does having a few accounts show lack of net worth? Admittedly he seems rather exposed on the credit side of things.

Why not? Charge cards keep spending in check :wink:

Meh potentially exposed not actually exposed though, I just like the rewards each one gives albeit several are stopping their reward programmes so they're getting canned :tongue:
Reply 43
Original post by Soldieroffortune
In what plausible way does my post say or show I have 'zero net worth' ?
The fact I didn't state what investments I own, balances in my accounts or on credit cards shows you nothing? As a matter of record half the cards aren't used they just haven't been closed yet.
And the charge card is because it's better than their credit card equivalent, you can't spend what you don't have and it has several nice perks.

Meh potentially exposed not actually exposed though, I just like the rewards each one gives albeit several are stopping their reward programmes so they're getting canned :tongue:

Well it doesn't say anything about your financial situation.

So what's the question you're asking in the thread?
- What accounts do you hold? or
- What is your financial situation?
Original post by Quady
Well it doesn't say anything about your financial situation.

So what's the question you're asking in the thread?
- What accounts do you hold? or
- What is your financial situation?

Are you seriously nit picking over irrelevant semantics about the phrasing of the title? If it bothers you so leave the thread or file a complaint.
Reply 45
Are you seriously nit picking over irrelevant semantics about the phrasing of the title? If it bothers you so leave the thread or file a complaint.

So you're just interested in a list of accounts?
Original post by Quady
So you're just interested in a list of accounts?

More interested in how people on here bank be it with co-op or coutts.
Aye but a] That technically counts as fraud and Im sure it does pop up somewhere on your record still aha

You're not a drug dealer are you with that in cash.. ?:P

diamonds, watches and cars and gold i make my cash
my buddy made £6,000 in to £960,000 in six months
Original post by jamesthehustler
diamonds, watches and cars and gold i make my cash

I would be remiss if i didn't ask how ?:P
I would be remiss if i didn't ask how ?:P

buy at auction and on ebay and facebook sales pages
I have;

3 x Natwest current account
1 Natwest Yourpoints MasterCard credit card

1 Santander 123 account

1 club Lloyd's personal account
1 joint club Lloyd's account

1 Lloyd's saver (0 bal)
1 Lloyd's ISA (0 bal)

1 British Airways American Express Platinum plus card

I mainly use the Amex for air miles, and MasterCard if they don't accept Amex.

The rest are just money management accounts - Natwest for food/luxury budgets
Santander for bills and savings
Lloyd's for a couple of bills and mostly savings

Posted from TSR Mobile
As per title really... What're your finances like? as in Credit Cards, Bank etc.?

Personally
Amex Gold
TSB Platinum
Santander 123
RBS World Card
MBNA Emirates visa/amex
ANZ Platinum Air Point Dollar reward card
ANZ Bank
Citi Bank Gold
Santander [tossers]
TSB

I have just been thinking, why do you continue to keep Santander and TSB accounts open, both are dreadful banks.

If I were you I'd keep the following accounts open;
AMEX Gold
Santander 123
ANZ with ANZ Plat
Citi Gold

The accounts to close;
Emirates MBNA (it's a poor earnings card)
RBS World
Santander
TSB (and TSB Plat)

The above three are useless products to hold. I presume you have money (based on accounts) so you should look at HSBC Premium (UK) offerings, ABLV (Latvia) and DBS (Singapore) as that way you keep it spread and you can use it in emergencies/holidays etc.
I've got a current account with TSB, a nationwide bank account, which I use solely for making money through 'gambling' i.e. matched betting and a AQUA credit card for spending in foreign currency and a Capital One credit card for spending in UK. My next move will be to open up a stocks & shares ISA and start opening up credit cards that give you those points to use to get free/cheap flights across the world.
Reply 53

Sure he did
I have just been thinking, why do you continue to keep Santander and TSB accounts open, both are dreadful banks.

If I were you I'd keep the following accounts open;
AMEX Gold
Santander 123
ANZ with ANZ Plat
Citi Gold

The accounts to close;
Emirates MBNA (it's a poor earnings card)
RBS World
Santander
TSB (and TSB Plat)

The above three are useless products to hold. I presume you have money (based on accounts) so you should look at HSBC Premium (UK) offerings, ABLV (Latvia) and DBS (Singapore) as that way you keep it spread and you can use it in emergencies/holidays etc.

The Santander account is only open since they turned an O/D into an outright debt which i refuse to pay and TSB just have to pay down the CC and get around to closing the current account
The RBS is getting closed since theyve cancelled their rewards programme but that one and MBNA were just around so I could get rewards when spending in a shop that didnt take amex or wasnt worth using my ANZ card aha
Original post by Reue
Sure he did

sounds like i need to say how
he spent the six on a patek philippe 1892 pocket watch in 18ct gold and made £20,000
with that he bought a rolls royce silver shadow, an aston martin db7 and a bentley turbo r which he sold for 11k, 25k and 10k respectively (total 46k)
he bought a ferrari model t and restored it before auctioning it making 85k
he bought a 300ct uncut ruby for 75,000 and made 300k on that
then bought a ferrari f40 at auction for 280k in abu dhabi and flipped it in the usa making 700k after transport fees
spent 30k on a tanker, 27k on a mercedes g-class and 14k on a diamond ring
which he sold for 55k, 64k and 60k respectively totalling 179k on to his cash making 788k
then spent 40k at auction on 8.8kg of gold bricks worth 212k at the time so 748+212= 960 then good sir is your answer in full detail
Reply 56
he spent the six on a patek philippe 1892 pocket watch in 18ct gold and made £20,000
with that he bought a rolls royce silver shadow, an aston martin db7 and a bentley turbo r which he sold for 11k, 25k and 10k respectively (total 46k)
then bought a ferrari f40 at auction for 280k in abu dhabi and flipped it in the usa making 700k after transport fees
which he sold for 55k, 64k and 60k respectively totalling 179k on to his cash making 788k
then spent 40k at auction on 8.8kg of gold bricks worth 212k at the time so 748+212= 960 then good sir is your answer in full detail

:rolleyes: Seems legit

None of this adds up, literally none of it.
Original post by Reue
:rolleyes: Seems legit

None of this adds up, literally none of it.

he gave me these figures i'm just redisplaying them
One bog standard debit account and one decent-ish fixed term ISA, both with Halifax. I'm about £250 out of pocket right now due to benefits not getting paid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending