The Student Room Group

I don't know which foundation programme to apply for, please help me out!

Hi,

I'm an international student and I want to apply for an engineering foundation programme, when I finish it I'm planning to study Electrical and Electronical engineering. I have 63 out of 100 high scool GPA and I don't know which universities to apply for. I received an offer from;

Newcastle University
University of Exeter
University of Birmingham
City University of London
Queen Mary University of London

But I soon learned out that only Birmingham is successful and reputated at engineering amoung all of them and my IELTS score isn't enough for Birmingham, I got an overall 6.5 but my writing is 5.0 and they want 5.5 in each band.

So, I need to apply for a foundation programme reputated with its engineering, but my GPA is 63 out of 100...

I'm so desperate, help me out!
Reply 1
Newcastle and Exeter are both still excellent uni's. Can you meet the entry requirements for these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by r-t
Newcastle and Exeter are both still excellent uni's. Can you meet the entry requirements for these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I can provide the conditional offer they both presented to me but Exeter doesn't have electric and electronical engineering, It has Energy engineering and Electronic engineering.

Newcastle is too far and as I've heard they speak much more different than english people do, kinda scottish.

I want to keep my options more so I want to apply one more university, I will go visit universities in June and make my choice.
What about Nottingham? They have an engineering foundation year with requirements of BBC or something at A-level.
Reply 4
Newcastle have quite a strong accent yes but that shouldn't put you off attending uni there. Yes visiting them is a good idea. You should make a list of questions to ask because sometimes when you're there your mind goes blank. Good luck in making your decision. All in all they are great uni's and so you wouldn't be losing out picking one over the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Smug Life
What about Nottingham? They have an engineering foundation year with requirements of BBC or something at A-level.

They said I don't meet the requirements so they can't send me an offer.
Reply 6
Original post by r-t
Newcastle have quite a strong accent yes but that shouldn't put you off attending uni there. Yes visiting them is a good idea. You should make a list of questions to ask because sometimes when you're there your mind goes blank. Good luck in making your decision. All in all they are great uni's and so you wouldn't be losing out picking one over the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending