The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you dont mind could you show me in drawing so like on a rough paper please:awesome:

Original post by nox1
I think you would need to draw round each point using a compass that's set to the scale mentioned then shade the intersection.
Original post by Firenze26
Does anyone remember the name of the poem in OCR unseen poetry about the man in the railways?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

I can't remember the name but I found it really difficult. I couldn't figure out the most important phrases in the poem:frown::s-smilie:
Reply 6442
Original post by zaby786
If you dont mind could you show me in drawing so like on a rough paper please:awesome:

Snapshot_20150523.jpg
did anyone do the relationships collection for english poetry yesterday?
I'm now (as of yesterday) officially on study leave! :biggrin:
Original post by Midnightmemories

Nice :smile:, go study leave ✊.

Have u planned what you're going to do?

P.S.

Nice :smile:, go study leave ✊.

Have u planned what you're going to do?

P.S.

I'm going to take a couple days of revision, and then I'm going to start looking at stuff for my next exam..
Original post by Midnightmemories

Same!! Rather emotional last day yesterday but then everyone got paralytic down the beach late into this morning :ahee:
Original post by fabsafxo
Did anyone do Edexcel Poetry clashes and collisions?
Hitcher came up..which I was gutted about, but the unseen poem "women and work" came up, and I was pretty pleased with that:smile:

Hey i did that exam yesterday. disappointed with hitcher - hard to get A* analysis imo. Woman Work was full of some interesting stuff though - concerned because i think both the lit papers have been very easy, maybe they'll throw in a bitch for the language :mmm:
Original post by Gilo98
Hey i did that exam yesterday. disappointed with hitcher - hard to get A* analysis imo. Woman Work was full of some interesting stuff though - concerned because i think both the lit papers have been very easy, maybe they'll throw in a bitch for the language :mmm:

hitcher was really hard,i literally waffled and repeated myself in the comparison to your dad did what..

the language exam I really hope to be good!! section a better be better than what I did for the to kill a mockingbird lit exam..MY GOD.

section b better be something easy to write about because its better than me sitting there for bloody 15 minutes thinking of why the Olympics is so fantastic...:smile:

I really enjoyed the unseen poem part, I found loads about structure!! the full stops stresses the sighs of all her work, no punctuation like a rant about the chores, but relaxed in weather paragraphs..

language, I did about the personification of weather which shows the absence of her dead husband?!?! that was my perceptive view ahaha

I also said the consonance shows her tone Idek..

I hope I did well on that bit, but hitcher..i realised I should have compared to half caste!! - that is full of anger:OOO your dad did what is more poignant than angry..im so annoyed, considering I did a hellla of a lot of revision for half caste:frown::frown:
Original post by sditta
did anyone do the relationships collection for english poetry yesterday?

Hi there,

Yes I did, I linked Manhunt with Quickdraw, what did you do and how did you find the unseen poetry q?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56045043&highlight=human geography aqa a gcse

THE OFFICIAL HUMAN GEOGRAPHY AQA A GCSE THREAD xxxxx
Haha, i just realised my school doesnt even have study leave for us
Original post by Xiuchen
I don't think my teachers focused on conflicts either, but I think for my case study there were tourists who damaged the habitat, and SSSI was trying to protect it, maybe you were meant to do something similar? I dunno, I did Keyhaven for the case study BTW. And don't worry everyone found the coast topic hard!

Original post by Xiuchen
Yes!! Are you doing OCR?

Original post by frostyy
I said about the conflicts with seahorse habitats being destroyed by the boats, people walking over sand dunnes and plants like marram grass becoming a majority in the area, causing other plants to die out. I found the river 8 marker tough, although I filled up the whole page - mostly, with as much info as I could think of being even a tiny bit correct xD

Original post by Xiuchen
Sounds good! I don't do rivers, but don't worry. I heard for some topics people had to identify shapes:biggrin:. It was definitely a hard exam, and if you make stuff up examiners usually wont check (i dunno they might, but its unlikely:biggrin:)

Original post by frostyy
Yeah, I had to identify the shape of a supervolcano (just said round) and the shape of a water resevoir on a map. The one about the dam was the dumbest question I have ever seen on an exam paper.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56045043&highlight=human geography aqa a gcse
The human thread for AQA A GCSE:smile::smile:
Original post by fabsafxo
hitcher was really hard,i literally waffled and repeated myself in the comparison to your dad did what..

the language exam I really hope to be good!! section a better be better than what I did for the to kill a mockingbird lit exam..MY GOD.

section b better be something easy to write about because its better than me sitting there for bloody 15 minutes thinking of why the Olympics is so fantastic...:smile:

I really enjoyed the unseen poem part, I found loads about structure!! the full stops stresses the sighs of all her work, no punctuation like a rant about the chores, but relaxed in weather paragraphs..

language, I did about the personification of weather which shows the absence of her dead husband?!?! that was my perceptive view ahaha

I also said the consonance shows her tone Idek..

I hope I did well on that bit, but hitcher..i realised I should have compared to half caste!! - that is full of anger:OOO your dad did what is more poignant than angry..im so annoyed, considering I did a hellla of a lot of revision for half caste:frown::frown:

I tore out Half-Caste from the book then changed my mind and went for The Drum - i thought Half-Caste would be a bit boring/obvious. I enjoyed Woman Work. I made some very far fetched comments about the structure :mmm: something about the narrative-like tone to the 2nd 3rd and 4th stanzas being symbolic of the predictable, monotonous nature of her 'work' and how the repetition of 'the' inferred a somewhat self-shame in that she realises she is seen as a means to get a bunch of jobs done yet ceases to object to it.

Oh Section B this year is 100% going to be something awful. My english teacher is seriously concerned because the Lit papers this year have been fairly straight forward - Lit Prose (AF and OMAM) was very easy!!

I'm just glad my coursework is up to scratch!
Hey guys, who is doing the maths Gcse higher edexcel paper? and how is everyone feeling about it? I literally cannot do most of the A* questions so i skip them at the end of the paper. I need a B but i'm just getting C's in the past papers iv'e done. I am sooo stressed!! the exam is in a week and 3 day!!!, and apparently they are marking the paper harder this year!!!!
Original post by CARLY101101
Hey guys, who is doing the maths Gcse higher edexcel paper? and how is everyone feeling about it? I literally cannot do most of the A* questions so i skip them at the end of the paper. I need a B but i'm just getting C's in the past papers iv'e done. I am sooo stressed!! the exam is in a week and 3 day!!!, and apparently they are marking the paper harder this year!!!!

Hey, are you talking about the type of paper like foundation/higher or is that an actual type of maths like Linear?

I'm doing edexcel linear maths (higher paper), I'm not sure if they're the same thing, but I kind of feel scared since I'm not exactly the best student in maths but after the disaster known as OcR core physics, I think I can survive almost anything.... unless it's not in the specs then I'm dead. 😰

There's this thing churchhill maths papers and they're mostly about A* questions or questions laid out in a horrible, complicated way, it might help you practice A* questions. What are you having trouble with specifically?

P.S.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gilo98
I tore out Half-Caste from the book then changed my mind and went for The Drum - i thought Half-Caste would be a bit boring/obvious. I enjoyed Woman Work. I made some very far fetched comments about the structure :mmm: something about the narrative-like tone to the 2nd 3rd and 4th stanzas being symbolic of the predictable, monotonous nature of her 'work' and how the repetition of 'the' inferred a somewhat self-shame in that she realises she is seen as a means to get a bunch of jobs done yet ceases to object to it.

Oh Section B this year is 100% going to be something awful. My english teacher is seriously concerned because the Lit papers this year have been fairly straight forward - Lit Prose (AF and OMAM) was very easy!!

I'm just glad my coursework is up to scratch!

oooh the drum - never would have thought of that one! yeah I thought that about half caste, but I still could have made some more points to do with anger;O

Woman work was really good, but OH MY, mine sounds so boring and normal compared to your perceptive interpretation!!!
yours sounds absolutely amazing, I am sure you will get an A* without a doubt!

oh no....I cant be dealing with a hard section B, I really wanted an A overall, and after my lit I cant stand to see me get any lower than a B!!!

I really don't know how to revise for it though,how are you doing it??
Original post by CARLY101101

Hey, are you talking about the type of paper like foundation/higher or is that an actual type of maths like Linear?

I'm doing edexcel linear maths (higher paper), I'm not sure if they're the same thing, but I kind of feel scared since I'm not exactly the best student in maths but after the disaster known as OcR core physics, I think I can survive almost anything.... unless it's not in the specs then I'm dead. 😰

There's this thing churchhill maths papers and they're mostly about A* questions or questions laid out in a horrible, complicated way, it might help you practice A* questions. What are you having trouble with specifically?

P.S.

I am doing the Edexcel Linear 1380 Higher maths paper and absolutely shizzing itt!!!!

I want an A overall, but I have done no revision and don't know how:frown::frown:
Original post by Mr...
Does anyone do the FSMQ OCR Additional Maths?:erm:

If no one else does it, I do Add Maths but I'm not sure which exam board I'm on. :tongue:

I'm pretty sure VanillaCupcake does it too. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest