The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMathsMan
Can someone please tell me ... when you get exam certificates will I get ones for the units C1,C2,S1 or just an overall one ??

I think you get one certificate per exam board that covers all exams that you took with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
I think you get one certificate per exam board that covers all exams that you took with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank goodness ... You sir are a life saver ... I will find you and pay you a years worth of my pay ... you're very welcome :smile:
Original post by David_Waddell
I am also repeating this exam, I got an E in it last year

Aha how do you think it went?

I was looking at some mark scheme and reckon I have easily got a D :smile:

Really hated the last question and the second logs one but the rest wasn;t too bad
Original post by Klatie
Aha how do you think it went?

I was looking at some mark scheme and reckon I have easily got a D :smile:

Really hated the last question and the second logs one but the rest wasn;t too bad

Logs question was the easiest ! Lol :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheMathsMan
Thank goodness ... You sir are a life saver ... I will find you and pay you a years worth of my pay ... you're very welcome :smile:

Okay! I'll take the years pay in cash or cheque please!:smile:

Can I just ask though... Why does it make a difference???
Original post by titch786
is there an unofficial markscheme out for this exam?

Yes, Arsey's. It came out a few hours after the exam. I'll link it if you want to have a look :smile:
Original post by mrnazz00923
Logs question was the easiest ! Lol :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

the 2nd one was wierd
Original post by Yousf
the 2nd one was wierd

Yeah, I think it was weird that it contained 3 logs...
I hate to ask because it's hard to tell, but what would anyone reckon 63 in C1 and 64 in C2 is in terms of UMS??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
I hate to ask because it's hard to tell, but what would anyone reckon 63 in C1 and 64 in C2 is in terms of UMS??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Total of around 164/200 prob?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Total of around 164/200 prob?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought so too. Hmmm that A* prediction is almost impossible then aha :tongue: thanks anyway, need to try max out S1 I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
I thought so too. Hmmm that A* prediction is almost impossible then aha :tongue: thanks anyway, need to try max out S1 I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it makes you feel any better, I got 80 in C1 and 81 in C2 last year and got predicted an A*, so it is possible, just speak to your teachers :smile:
Original post by _thequeen
If it makes you feel any better, I got 80 in C1 and 81 in C2 last year and got predicted an A*, so it is possible, just speak to your teachers :smile:

Oh wow I hope so aha. How are you feeling about your C3 and C4 exams??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose it depends on your school/teacher, but I was predicted A* while being a bit under 270 UMS in the first year. Just try to make a good impression on your teacher.
Original post by DDan123
Oh wow I hope so aha. How are you feeling about your C3 and C4 exams??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, well I feel like the A* prediction coming true is increasingly unlikely :wink: I just want to scrape an A to get into uni, so if I do that I'll be happy!
Reply 3595
Original post by SeanFM
I suppose it depends on your school/teacher, but I was predicted A* while being a bit under 270 UMS in the first year. Just try to make a good impression on your teacher.

what would happen if u guys got above your predictions, would u reapply to a better uni next year, or just stick with the one your aldready accepted into?
(i dont think ill get good predctions from my school, but im planing on re sitting c2, and maybe other modules i didnt do well in, to get good over all alevel grades)
Original post by boyyo
what would happen if u guys got above your predictions, would u reapply to a better uni next year, or just stick with the one your aldready accepted into?
(i dont think ill get good predctions from my school, but im planing on re sitting c2, and maybe other modules i didnt do well in, to get good over all alevel grades)

You'll be at University for 3 or more years, so you should aim to get into the one where you can see yourself being happy with the uni, the course, job prospects etc. So if you're not happy with the one you're set to go to you don't have to go there.

There's the option of Adjustment - which is something you do if you get better grades than the condition for your firm - so it may save you from taking an extra year.

If not you can finish A2 and take a gap year, and do stuff to boost your application and keep up your interest in the subject.
Reply 3597
Original post by SeanFM
You'll be at University for 3 or more years, so you should aim to get into the one where you can see yourself being happy with the uni, the course, job prospects etc. So if you're not happy with the one you're set to go to you don't have to go there.

There's the option of Adjustment - which is something you do if you get better grades than the condition for your firm - so it may save you from taking an extra year.

If not you can finish A2 and take a gap year, and do stuff to boost your application and keep up your interest in the subject.

yhh thats not bad, ill aim to not take a gap year, but like u said ill use it to some etra stuff, thanks bro:smile:
m studying chemistry, biology, maths and Dance at AS. I feel like I did really bad in maths and now im considering to drop maths instead of Dance. The degree I wanna study only require chem and bio, do you think dance will affect my chances?
Is there still hope for an A in maths if I got around 58 in c1 d 52 in c2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending