The Student Room Group

TSR Eurovision vote 2015

Scroll to see replies

Not happy about Israel, Cyprus and Montenegro (tbh the latter was better live than expected) still feel sorry for Switzerland/Ireland/Iceland/Malta/Czech :frown:

I'm in such a minority, most people complaining about too many ballads and more winners like Lordi. I'd be mortified and quite disappointed if something like Lordi won again :P 2015 is quite a strong year on average imo
(edited 8 years ago)
I actually really liked Israel, sad about Ireland :frown: Didn't think Cyprus would qualify at all..
I'm Lithuanian but I don't think our song was any good 😂😂

But happy for Israel as it was something different compared to all the other duet ballad songs! Everything's so calm and similar this year.
Last years song were definitely more interesting!!
Why do England enter **** contestants?
Original post by The_Phlox
Why do England enter **** contestants?

*United Kingdom
Yeah. We have Ed Sheeran and others to choose from yet we still continue to pick **** like david humbledick. We need to show to Europe we can compete with the big boys like Greece, Austria and France.
Yeah. We have Ed Sheeran and others to choose from yet we still continue to pick **** like david humbledick. We need to show to Europe we can compete with the big boys like Greece, Austria and France.

England/united kingdom should resign from Eurovision imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 467

But it's about not picking the big names... Big names never win.

Do you think Ed Sheeran wants to do Eurovision? What we need is to attract new artists to the contest. There is no better exposure than 100million+ people. But first what we need to do is change the negative attitude the British people have of the contest (mostly caused by Terry Wogan).

Original post by ProNoob
England/united kingdom should resign from Eurovision imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no chance! It gets amazing viewership for the BBC and it is actually very cheap to send an act to Eurovision! It's cheaper than one episode of The Voice or Strictly!

Plus, England haven't won the World Cup in a while, should they withdraw? :wink:
I was wondering, which theme has been your favourite in the past few years? I was debating with my friend and became curious :smile:

So, my top 5 theme songs past 5 years:
1) Copenhagen
2) Malmo (best logo!)
3) Vienna
4) Dusseldorf
5) Baku (Thought it was quite bad...)

Do any of you have a favourite?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hpiercey3
I was wondering, which theme has been your favourite in the past few years? I was debating with my friend and became curious :smile:

So, my top 5 theme songs past 5 years:
1) Copenhagen
2) Malmo (best logo!)
3) Vienna
4) Dusseldorf
5) Baku (Thought it was quite bad...)

Do any of you have a favourite?

I agree that the 2014 Copenhagen theme was the best! Very powerful! I also really liked Malmo's theme (Wolverine by Adam Kafe :wink:)

Actually I agree with your list! :tongue:
Australia to win

#australia

go australia!
Original post by ManicPumpkin
I agree that the 2014 Copenhagen theme was the best! Very powerful! I also really liked Malmo's theme (Wolverine by Adam Kafe :wink:)

Actually I agree with your list! :tongue:

Definitely and catchy, in fact everything about it last year was good - the presenters were more charismatic than this year, and when Emmelie sang Rainmaker, that was probably the highlight :smile: Oh yes, that was good! The slogan 'We are One' was very strong too, made a point.

Thanks! I can't wait for tomorrow! :tongue:
Original post by hpiercey3
Definitely and catchy, in fact everything about it last year was good - the presenters were more charismatic than this year, and when Emmelie sang Rainmaker, that was probably the highlight :smile: Oh yes, that was good! The slogan 'We are One' was very strong too, made a point.

Thanks! I can't wait for tomorrow! :tongue:

I was actually just saying to some what a great production last year's contest was! I wasn't expecting much from DR but it was fantastic!

Oh Rainmaker is such a tune! I actually think it's better than Only Teardrops! Heard it playing in Morrisons the other week :tongue:
Original post by ManicPumpkin
I was actually just saying to some what a great production last year's contest was! I wasn't expecting much from DR but it was fantastic!

Oh Rainmaker is such a tune! I actually think it's better than Only Teardrops! Heard it playing in Morrisons the other week :tongue:

Indeed they really did outperform all expectations! The stage in particular was nicely laid out. I hope ORF can deliver the same, but I have a hunch this year isn't going to be as well, not sure why though?

I know exactly what I was thinking! When all of the contestants were on stage together :biggrin: Really?! Thats lucky, I love it so muchh! The only main song i've heard in a public place is Euphoria, but that was pretty damn awesome :P
Reply 475
Ladies and gents, may I please inform you all that there is now:

One hour to go until Eurovision! :awesome:

I hope you're all as excited as I am. Which is a lot. :jive:
Reply 476
Gonna watch on the red button just for the lyrics.
I CANT WAIT!

Madrid 2016 here we come :biggrin:
Original post by Aph
Gonna watch on the red button just for the lyrics.

Oooh, that's a slippery slope, you start with having the lyrics so you can understand what they're singing and before you know it, you're off the sofa doing your best karaoke.
Half an Hour Left
#EurovisionHype

Quick Reply

Latest