The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toast12
I have too much anxiety about doctors/needles which makes me feel unable to make an appointment when I need to and then I get more worried about physical health problems because I feel unable to do anything about them :frown: plus the last doctor I saw put me off by not seeming to care that I didn't want a blood test. I realise I will probably have to overcome this eventually, it was just that he wasn't being at all supportive about how I felt. Sorry to be so rambly :redface:

I'm massively needlephobic so like you I hate bloodtests, unfortunatley I've had to have far too many so I use emla cream- you put it on an hour before the test, numbs the spots, makes things a lot more bareable. I also always insist on lying down facing away from the needle so I can't see it and I get the doctor to talk about other things to distract me.
When you've been looking forward to something for ages and it doesn't happen. Arrrgh. It really messed with my head.
Original post by jelly1000
I'm massively needlephobic so like you I hate bloodtests, unfortunatley I've had to have far too many so I use emla cream- you put it on an hour before the test, numbs the spots, makes things a lot more bareable. I also always insist on lying down facing away from the needle so I can't see it and I get the doctor to talk about other things to distract me.

Yeah, I think I was offered that once before. Glad to know you have ways of coping anyway.
Original post by Toast12
Yeah, I think I was offered that once before. Glad to know you have ways of coping anyway.

sorry if thats not helped you
About an hour and a half ago, I half fainted down the wall in our landing upstairs and my daddy had to lift me into bed. And I have this high pitch ringing that won't leave.
Original post by jelly1000
When you've been looking forward to something for ages and it doesn't happen. Arrrgh. It really messed with my head.

This happens all to often :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having a difficult day today, unsure why...

Isn't helping that my dad is trying to make me get a job and is calling me "lazy" and "spoilt" with other things as well.
Hi, is it possible to get a retrospective note for depression/anxiety? For my university's Health Centre, it said that it can't write about illnesses during exam period if I didn't visit?

Spoiler

feel really alone.
Original post by CescaD96
Why would there be spies, Saber? Are you deemed important enough by spies to be spied on? And those people, they weren't laughing at you, they have absolutely nothing to do with you. Can't your wife go shopping on her own for a few days? :console:

Sorry if this is useless. I don't think I'm the best person to give some sort of advice right now.

I can't tell you why they're spying on me because I'm ashamed of what I did to warrant it.

We go shopping every 10 days or so so I've still got 9 days before the ordeal again. I would send her on her own but she needs help carrying the bags back on the bus. I think I'm going to write a list next time and just wait outside - **** her getting annoyed with me.

Is this what my life is going to be forever? Taking numerous pills a day and trying not have a full on meltdown?

:hugs: I get what you mean, it can feel so demotivating taking those pills everyday especially when they don't seem to be doing what they're supposedly for. I'm on 9 a day and it ****ing sucks.

A lot of research says that many people with psychotic symptoms only have one episode so I guess you can hope to be in that demographic. Sorry this is so negative, not feeling great myself either.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, is it possible to get a retrospective note for depression/anxiety? For my university's Health Centre, it said that it can't write about illnesses during exam period if I didn't visit?

I think that may be difficult but I'd go see the doctor and see what he says regardless.
Original post by Sabertooth
I can't tell you why they're spying on me because I'm ashamed of what I did to warrant it.

We go shopping every 10 days or so so I've still got 9 days before the ordeal again. I would send her on her own but she needs help carrying the bags back on the bus. I think I'm going to write a list next time and just wait outside - **** her getting annoyed with me.

I'm sure it's not too bad. :console: But yes, do stay outside next time. You know what is best for you and while your wife loves you, ultimately you're the person that decides what is best for you.

:hugs: I get what you mean, it can feel so demotivating taking those pills everyday especially when they don't seem to be doing what they're supposedly for. I'm on 9 a day and it ****ing sucks.

A lot of research says that many people with psychotic symptoms only have one episode so I guess you can hope to be in that demographic. Sorry this is so negative, not feeling great myself either.

9? Oh my. :console: But yeah, first day of Aripiprazole and I fainted.

That's what my therapist was saying yesterday, that this could all have been brought on by the depression, but I am not so sure.
I'm sure it's not too bad. :console: But yes, do stay outside next time. You know what is best for you and while your wife loves you, ultimately you're the person that decides what is best for you.

Ha, I don't think she'd agree with you there. :tongue:

9? Oh my. :console: But yeah, first day of Aripiprazole and I fainted.

That's what my therapist was saying yesterday, that this could all have been brought on by the depression, but I am not so sure.

Sorry to hear that. Was it because you got up suddenly? A lot of antipsychotics can mess with your blood pressure, so you might have to take things slow to start with. You didn't hit your head or anything serious?

Psychotic depression is a thing so your therapist might not be that far off.
Ha, I don't think she'd agree with you there. :tongue:

If everyone agreed with everything, life would be boring.

Sorry to hear that. Was it because you got up suddenly? A lot of antipsychotics can mess with your blood pressure, so you might have to take things slow to start with. You didn't hit your head or anything serious?

Psychotic depression is a thing so your therapist might not be that far off.

I stumbled out of my room and the next thing I knew I was sliding down the wall. I was out for a couple of minutes but when I woke up I could hear high pitch ringing and my daddy had to lift me to bed. I didn't hurt myself thankfully.
If everyone agreed with everything, life would be boring.

I stumbled out of my room and the next thing I knew I was sliding down the wall. I was out for a couple of minutes but when I woke up I could hear high pitch ringing and my daddy had to lift me to bed. I didn't hurt myself thankfully.

Good to hear you didn't get hurt. :smile: You might want to bring it up at your next med review just so your psychiatrist knows about it. How did telling your dad about the voices go?
felt pretty awful earlier but a combination of takeaway & laughing at Eurovision has lifted my spirits somewhat :tongue:
Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
feel really alone.

:hugs:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
felt pretty awful earlier but a combination of takeaway & laughing at Eurovision has lifted my spirits somewhat :tongue:

Glad they've helped :smile: Takeaway is good :yep:
Good to hear you didn't get hurt. :smile: You might want to bring it up at your next med review just so your psychiatrist knows about it. How did telling your dad about the voices go?

I definitely will be. I can't be fainting in exams! He took it very well, actually. Better than expected. He said he knew something was up with me because I had turned very, very withdrawn these last few weeks.
Original post by purple-duck

Glad they've helped :smile: Takeaway is good :yep: