The Student Room Group

Do you think i revise for maths too much?

Ok I spend the whole of my day, everyday, revising for maths, not because i have an exam or anything but because i enjoy it, maths is like my GTA V, it's addictive, people in school say i need to calm down with the revision, but i can't help myself, it's too addictive and fun, do i need help?
Original post by shwansalah
Ok I spend the whole of my day, everyday, revising for maths, not because i have an exam or anything but because i enjoy it, maths is like my GTA V, it's addictive, people in school say i need to calm down with the revision, but i can't help myself, it's too addictive and fun, do i need help?

I don't think so. If people don't find playing GTAV for 12 hours weird, I don't think you need help for revising maths a lot... you are revising other subjects right?

But maybe take a breather sometimes, too much of a good thing is sometimes not a good thing y'know.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 2
you just enjoy maths, nothing wrong with that :smile: it's an awesome subject
Maths is fun. It was my favourite subject back in school too. I loved to make up my own methods to solve problems rather than follow class examples and I loved making cool patterns with numbers.

It's perfectly normal, abeit rare, behaviour.
Get help.
Reply 5
It's fine to enjoy doing Maths, but doing anything to the exclusion of anything else is never healthy, so just remember that.

definitely not!!!! As myself also addicted to maths... :smile:
Lol GCSE maths is like eating food - easy to do and requires no effort

Dude I'm so with you.,. Thought I was the only one! It's like hey geography revision for the exam tomorrow or maths for the maths is three... Hell yeah maths! I too have been told that I've been doing too much :smile: and should focus on other things... But it's okay, we can fight the haters together! We will stay strong and multiply...
Original post by Valyrian
Lol GCSE maths is like eating food - easy to do and requires no effort

Alevel maths too.
Don't worry about it, all revision is helpful and it's great that you enjoy it! Just don't neglect your other subjects :wink:
If you are doing lots of maths that you find easy, then thats pretty useless.

But if you are doing lots of maths that you find difficult, then don't stop. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Haha that's awesome, you'd enjoy further maths. Strongly consider taking it if you're enjoying it that much.
Reply 13

No, if anything its a good thing. The most succesful people in the academic fields are often people who do this kind of thing. You could do well enough to get a high level education at a good institute and get a very lucrative career or get far in academia if that is your thing.
How do you revise for maths. Please tell me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Husseina2468
How do you revise for maths. Please tell me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

there's a crap ton of past papers for maths, like 25+. i do all of them, over and over and over.
I've done nearly all of them , yet I have difficulties consolidating that knowledge and I usually just forget the different methods the next time I do it. Any tips on how to overcome this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Husseina2468
I've done nearly all of them , yet I have difficulties consolidating that knowledge and I usually just forget the different methods the next time I do it. Any tips on how to overcome this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you forget the method then maybe you dont understand the method, make sure you understand every question you got wrong before you move on.

It's great that your so passionate about a subject. Its not weird that you revise too much. Have you ever though about tutoring? You could do something you love and make money off it. I'd only be concerned if you had other subjects to revise for that you were neglecting as a result of doing too much maths. Making a revision timetable could be goof way of spreading your revision equally check out (get revising study planner). Or try doing maths in your breaks instead.
Goodluck! :smile: xo

Quick Reply

Latest