The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pauux
Is there a thread for the OCR Chemistry F322 exam?? I can't find it :colondollar:

Yep, just follow the link
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3351409
Reply 3101
Can someone explain why alkenes are more reactive than alkanes. Is it because of the pi bond. Can someone explain the pi bond bit to me. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Super199
Can someone explain why alkenes are more reactive than alkanes. Is it because of the pi bond. Can someone explain the pi bond bit to me. Thanks :smile:

The double bond has a high electron density and is susceptible to electrophilic attack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
The double bond has a high electron density and is susceptible to electrophilic attack

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you ever read the official edexcel reason why pi is weaker? Made me laugh lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Did you ever read the official edexcel reason why pi is weaker? Made me laugh lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the book? I never open it lol It's collecting dust
Well i saw mark scheme saying not much overlap which is..:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah thought so :smile: . What about the sigma bond - anything I have to know about that.
Original post by Kitty201322
I have nine days to revise unit two for bio and chem D: just great and hoefully it does push it up I hope grade boundaries are low x

I have 9 days to revise unit 2 law chemistry and biology :'((( x
Original post by C0balt
In the book? I never open it lol It's collecting dust
Well i saw mark scheme saying not much overlap which is..:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was something like that. Best ms answer was when they felt the need to put 'allow the number 4 to be drawn either way' in the notes lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it was something like that. Best ms answer was when they felt the need to put 'allow the number 4 to be drawn either way' in the notes lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well this made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Well this made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahah fs
Original post by C0balt
Well this made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. Do they really feel the need to tell the marker to accept misspellings like surely that is obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha. Do they really feel the need to tell the marker to accept misspellings like surely that is obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I wonder how common "sunshine yello percipitate" was to make it get onto the public mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3113
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between positional and functional group isomers? I'm finding it hard to understand it properly from the book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meloj
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between positional and functional group isomers? I'm finding it hard to understand it properly from the book.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Positional - one or more atoms are in a different place eg 2-bromoheptane and 4-bromoheptane the bromine is attached to a different carbon.

Functional group - same atoms but in different functional groups eg you might have propanal and propanone both of which have exactly the same atoms but different functional groups

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have CH2F2 and are asked to draw the partial charges, what do you do with the hydrogen atoms since they're less electronegative than carbon?
Original post by Isabella~
If you have CH2F2 and are asked to draw the partial charges, what do you do with the hydrogen atoms since they're less electronegative than carbon?

Partial positive charges on the hydrogens.
Original post by Protoxylic
Partial positive charges on the hydrogens.

Ohh okay, is there an overal dipole?
Original post by Isabella~
Ohh okay, is there an overal dipole?

There will be a dipole, partially negative towards the fluorines and partially positive towards the hydrogens.
Original post by Protoxylic
There will be a dipole, partially negative towards the fluorines and partially positive towards the hydrogens.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest