The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry I'm not supporting people atm. Not doing too good.

Abuse TW

Spoiler

:cry:

:hugs:

-------------

Thanks everyone.

Spoiler

How are you? :hugs:

Spoiler

Mehhh im alive, physical healths kinda getting ontop of me a little :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Facebook friend of my mums has triggered me and has made me think awful things..

I thought i was over this, i thought i was :cry:
Original post by PandaWho

Spoiler

Mehhh im alive, physical healths kinda getting ontop of me a little :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Oh no. So sorry to hear that hun :frown: Big hugs! :hugs;
Sorry I'm not supporting people atm. Not doing too good.

Abuse TW

Spoiler

:cry:

:jumphug:

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

-------------

Thanks everyone.

Sorry wasn't around earlier but :hugs:

Original post by Midnightmemories
Facebook friend of my mums has triggered me and has made me think awful things..

I thought i was over this, i thought i was :cry:

:console: You'll get there! Sorry they triggered you though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mums reaction to the status was laughter and so i had to fake a laugh to it while wanting to do something completely different. :cry:
:jumphug:

Spoiler

Sorry wasn't around earlier but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you're ok?
It really depends on your university, and particular your own department's, rules on these things. As Saber said earlier, you might not be able to get any supporting medical evidence, because some doctors are quite strict like that and any long-term conditions like the ones you cited should have been registered at the outset, or at the very least before your exams started.

That said, I hope you are able to get your circumstances taken into consideration. But no one on here can really advise without knowing the uni and department.

Everything relating to this should be in your departmental handbook. That will give you a far better indication of your chances of getting your health taken into consideration, than anyone on here can :yes:

Rather stupidly of me, I didn't feel the need to seek medical help as I thought I'd manage fine on my own. So even if I give a lot of detail, the doctors -- and I presume, more likely, ones affiliated with the College -- won't write much for it?
The Department Liaison Officer said that I could make a claim about it, but I'm not sure whether it would be of much help.
My mums reaction to the status was laughter and so i had to fake a laugh to it while wanting to do something completely different. :cry:

That's not nice either :frown: :console:

Original post by Pathway
Hope you're ok?

Not had the best day and struggling with thoughts a bit but I'm alright. Just need to get through the next couple of days really :s-smilie: Should be around a bit longer if talking would help, or tomorrow? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not had the best day and struggling with thoughts a bit but I'm alright. Just need to get through the next couple of days really :s-smilie: Should be around a bit longer if talking would help, or tomorrow? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM if you need to talk? :console:
Original post by Pathway
PM if you need to talk? :console:

Don't want to trigger you but thanks. You're welcome to if you want to though :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know... My dad's reactions to things are worse as well... I suppose its one of the reasons why they don't really know about my issues and stuff... Which has made accessing college support for next year harder (In the end my school counsellor emailed them and invited them for a meeting with me and we told them about everything that i will need at college... And we noted on my confidentiality stuff that my parents don't know and i don't want them to know, which is quite good.)

Hope you're okay :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Rather stupidly of me, I didn't feel the need to seek medical help as I thought I'd manage fine on my own. So even if I give a lot of detail, the doctors -- and I presume, more likely, ones affiliated with the College -- won't write much for it?
The Department Liaison Officer said that I could make a claim about it, but I'm not sure whether it would be of much help.

You might as well give it a shot. A doctor's note costs, what, 10 pounds? Either they'll accept it and you get the extenuating circumstances or they refuse it and you're not different to what you are right now.
Original post by Sabertooth
You might as well give it a shot. A doctor's note costs, what, 10 pounds? Either they'll accept it and you get the extenuating circumstances or they refuse it and you're not different to what you are right now.

I've heard of docs charging up over £40 from students, which is totally ridiculous.

Anon - that aside, Saber is totally right. Ask and see what can be done :yes:

Furry - thanks for the kind post. Laptop being strange so typing on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've heard of docs charging up over £40 from students, which is totally ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My doctors charged me £20 recently to fill out 15 yes or no questions on a medical form... :facepalm:

Spoiler

Oh no. So sorry to hear that hun :frown: Big hugs! :hugs;

Spoiler

Its ok, guess iv got to put up with it! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My doctors charged me £20 recently to fill out 15 yes or no questions on a medical form... :facepalm:

Thats crazy!

I think different drs must charge differently, as im sure when we got a drs note from my boyfriends old dr regarding a disabled bus pass it was £17.50

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Thats crazy!

I think different drs must charge differently, as im sure when we got a drs note from my boyfriends old dr regarding a disabled bus pass it was £17.50

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was crazy, i know. They didn't even tell us they were charging for it until my mum went to go and pick it up for me...

--
can't sleep, have all the thoughts going around my head still... Unsure how to deal with this...
I know... My dad's reactions to things are worse as well... I suppose its one of the reasons why they don't really know about my issues and stuff... Which has made accessing college support for next year harder (In the end my school counsellor emailed them and invited them for a meeting with me and we told them about everything that i will need at college... And we noted on my confidentiality stuff that my parents don't know and i don't want them to know, which is quite good.)

Hope you're okay :hugs:

Yeah, haven't told my parents either :redface: It's good that you're still getting support though :smile:
Fairly sure when I needed a letter from my doctor a year or so ago he didn't charge me anything at all, but there you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

--------
Kind of random but just sat listening to two owls calling to each other and it's really nice! Used to get them quite a bit but haven't heard them in ages until tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, haven't told my parents either :redface: It's good that you're still getting support though :smile:
Fairly sure when I needed a letter from my doctor a year or so ago he didn't charge me anything at all, but there you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The school decided when i first started to get help, that i was old enough to make my own decisions about who knew and therefore didn't push me to tell my parents, although at the beginning they encouraged me to say something, however they understand why i don't want to and respect that. Which is pretty good because i started accessing support in year 10. College is going to be difficult but I'm going to be getting transition sessions to help me with getting used to the place, and luckily i know people there already so therefore i won't be totally alone, right?

Latest