The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I've heard of docs charging up over £40 from students, which is totally ridiculous.

Anon - that aside, Saber is totally right. Ask and see what can be done :yes:

Furry - thanks for the kind post. Laptop being strange so typing on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow. :eek: I've only heard of doctors charging a tenner, that's pretty ridiculous how much it varies.
Original post by Midnightmemories
It was crazy, i know. They didn't even tell us they were charging for it until my mum went to go and pick it up for me...

--
can't sleep, have all the thoughts going around my head still... Unsure how to deal with this...

Thats redic! Pretty sure they are meant to tell you before so you can chosse to not do it if beeded!

I needed a not from my drs for uni once, and they did it as a statutory sick note rather than a proper letter as it meant it was free :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho

Spoiler

Its ok, guess iv got to put up with it! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by Sabertooth
Oh wow. :eek: I've only heard of doctors charging a tenner, that's pretty ridiculous how much it varies.

I know, tiz daylight robbery!!! :mob:

Posted from TSR Mobile
really wish i wasnt on my own right now.
Original post by PandaWho
Thats redic! Pretty sure they are meant to tell you before so you can chosse to not do it if beeded!

I needed a not from my drs for uni once, and they did it as a statutory sick note rather than a proper letter as it meant it was free :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly they noted it down as college paperwork and therefore charged me.

Said college sent me a letter home about the support I need once, and that was hard to explain to parents without giving stuff away. Luckily now they (the college) know about that situation I have so therefore hopefully they won't do it again.
--
I think I've hit a new low... Cant make this stop and everything's ramping up and making me feel worse.

Only hope I have right now(in terms of off the internet) is a friend that kind of understands my issues, but I'm not sure if she's awake right now and don't want to wake her if she's sleeping because that'll make me feel worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was gonna rep you for this but it won't let me. Damn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heh, yeah it sounds it.

My GP was awesome and wrote me so many letters for free. Though I did have to pay 50 pounds to get copies of my entire medical records. :eek2:
pretty sure my bathroom door just opened on its own???? :confused::afraid:
Heh, yeah it sounds it.

My GP was awesome and wrote me so many letters for free. Though I did have to pay 50 pounds to get copies of my entire medical records. :eek2:

Yeah, my GP writes me letters without charging too :biggrin: Ouch though bout the 50 quid :eek2:

:console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i feel like I'm going to cry again so I think I'm going to end up crying and then just attempting to sleep.

Nothing is working this evening to get all of this anxiety down and it's killing me. :cry:

Spoiler

Original post by Midnightmemories
i feel like I'm going to cry again so I think I'm going to end up crying and then just attempting to sleep.

Nothing is working this evening to get all of this anxiety down and it's killing me. :cry:

Spoiler

Do you want to talk to somebody? If so, my inbox is open.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

relly really bad thoughts :s-smilie:
Sorry to hear you fainted but glad your father took it better than expected. My dad only acknowledged last year that I hear voices, despite me having been seen at my mental health hospital for voice hearing since 2010 :s-smilie: So it's good that your dad's reaction was much better than that! :hugs:

Thanks. :jumphug:
On the medical notes subject - my GP (who I'm not a fan of anymore) told me that the practice I go to don't usually give out medical notes, so the one I got for my school so I can get rest breaks is a "one off". Um, I smell bs.

Dreading taking my medication this morning. I have to study today as I have an exam on Tuesday afternoon but I couldn't study yesterday as I was so bad. :eek:

Spoiler

You might as well give it a shot. A doctor's note costs, what, 10 pounds? Either they'll accept it and you get the extenuating circumstances or they refuse it and you're not different to what you are right now.

Do you know what they could write? Like 'so and so experienced X throughout the academic year, which is believed to have hindered her performance'?
Original post by Anonymous
Do you know what they could write? Like 'so and so experienced X throughout the academic year, which is believed to have hindered her performance'?

One of my drs notes said I had been experiencing it for several years, and that it affected my ability to sleep, concentrate etc. But then I have had other drs notes that have been less specific and just confirmed I had X, was taking medication etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest