The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My team this afternoon:

Szczesny
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Wilshere Coquelin
Walcott Rosicky Ozil
Giroud

Feel likes it's important to give Sanchez, Cazorla and Ramsey a rest as they're looking tired. Would also play Szcz to get him some sharpness before the Cup final and obviously Giroud could use a goal as well to get back up to speed.

I expect to see

Ramsey Coquelin
Theo Ozil Santi
Giroud

The team we've played the last month with Ramsey out right hasnt been effective and tbf Walcott looked sharp vs Sunderland so I'd probably say he should start the cup final with today a good opportunity to cement a place.Need to score a few goals though for sure, in the last 3 home games we havent scored a single goal which is astonishing really. Would almost say it's the kind of game I'd prefer to lose 4-3 than draw 0-0 for that reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
Giroud clearly needs a rest, just Ozil false nine it tbh.
Instead of Giroud give the young goon' Alex Iwobi a chance upfront even though it's highly unlikely given Wenger's fixation on prettyboy Giroud. Also we should be starting with Theo Rosicky and Wilshere just to have that rotation whilst allowing our notable players to have a rest.
Reply 683
These Vidal rumors are circulating with force now. Guy loves Juve too much to leave though :frown:

If it happens though..
My team for this afternoon would be;

Ospina
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin Wilshere Rosicky
Walcott Iwobi
Original post by Stefano93
My team for this afternoon would be;

Ospina
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin Wilshere Rosicky
Walcott Iwobi

Akpom is back from his loan and I think he's closer to the first team that Iwobi.

Szczesny has to start because he'll be playing at Wembley, we can't just throw him in at a cup final and expect him to be ready. Needs match practice.

Is Chambers dead?! If he is alive, I'd give Kos a rest and start Calum, rest Monreal too, even though Gibbs is awful.

Szczesny
Bellerin Chambers Gabriel Gibbs
Wilshere Coquelin
Walcott Rosicky Cazorla
Akpom

Posted from TSR Mobile
As much as I have indefatigably wanted Vidal wanted to come to us, he won't this season. Besides his admiration with Turin, his contract expires in 2017 meaning essentially we would have to break the bank for him. I can however see Vidal coming to England in 2016/17. Besides Schneiderlin (who's probably just as unlikely to come to Arsenal), think if we're getting a CM this summer it's going to be the likes of Carvalho/Kondogbia.
Anyone going to Wembley next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Akpom is back from his loan and I think he's closer to the first team that Iwobi.

Szczesny has to start because he'll be playing at Wembley, we can't just throw him in at a cup final and expect him to be ready. Needs match practice.

Is Chambers dead?! If he is alive, I'd give Kos a rest and start Calum, rest Monreal too, even though Gibbs is awful.

Szczesny
Bellerin Chambers Gabriel Gibbs
Wilshere Coquelin
Walcott Rosicky Cazorla
Akpom

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi missed u x :smile:

i thought akpom was back too but apparently its next week
Original post by gunshot riddim
hi missed u x :smile:

i thought akpom was back too but apparently its next week

Lol I'm guessing it's been quiet and a complete Wenger love-in in my absence?!

Is Welbeck fit? Give him a game before the final if he is. Would like to see Gnabry given some minutes as well.

Iwobi is away with most of the u21 at the Copa Amsterdam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 690

Is Welbeck fit? Give him a game before the final if he is. Would like to see Gnabry given some minutes as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that and mostly ****bois

Posted from TSR Mobile

doubts that welbeck will even make the final, we've literally got giroud as our only striker.
Anyone going to Wembley next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have gone to the "outskirts" of Wembley since I don't have a ticket but I realised it's a 5:30 kick off so I can't, I have to be back home at that time for dinner
Reply 693
Giroud needs more rest then any other player. As long as he's on form we'll create the chances and he'll put them in. Either put Ramsey on today and let Walcott start the cup final or vice versa.
Give Gabby some playing time and I presume Monreal will start today so Gibbs plays the final.

Anyways, Coquelin needs to go to the pet store, buy a leash with Benteke's name on it.
Original post by AR_95
that and mostly ****bois

Lol sounds awful.

Original post by gunshot riddim
doubts that welbeck will even make the final, we've literally got giroud as our only striker.

Damn so Danny is out of the question, (can't believe I'm actually asking for Welbz) and after Henry's comments, Giroud appears to have had a meltdown. Needs to sort his head out before next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Giroud needs more rest then any other player. As long as he's on form we'll create the chances and he'll put them in. Either put Ramsey on today and let Walcott start the cup final or vice versa.
Give Gabby some playing time and I presume Monreal will start today so Gibbs plays the final.

Anyways, Coquelin needs to go to the pet store, buy a leash with Benteke's name on it.

He's played 33 games this season, he's fine. His lack of form recently is due to teams sussing him out.

Giroud is a streak player, when teams neglect him he tends to score, when he is being marked by 2-3 players for 90 minutes he doesn't get a look in, but most players don't tbf.

If anything, he's probably mentally fatigued from having to defend himself anytime anyone says anything about his ability. Thierry's comments coincided with the best form of Giroud's life and being told he's not good enough when he has playing at such a high level clearly hurt him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like to think it was all part of Wenger's plan, and he told Henry to make the comments at the time of Giroud's hot-streak to test his mental strength. Then Giroud stopped scoring and when he returns to the dressing room Wenger's there shaking his head in disappointment

"you failed the test"
Original post by SA-1
These Vidal rumors are circulating with force now. Guy loves Juve too much to leave though :frown:

If it happens though..

He's not going anywhere. Don't put yourself through all the trouble as our fans did last season.

:sad:
Original post by sr90
He's not going anywhere. Don't put yourself through all the trouble as our fans did last season.

:sad:

Thing is we could have got him we just decided against him because of his dodgy knee.
Reply 699
Napoli aint getting in the CL so Higuain should be available

Latest