The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

TO ANYONE WANTING PAST PAPER QUESTIONS, EASILY ACCESSIBLE, DOWNLOAD CORE 4 REVISION (EDEXCEL) https://www.tes.co.uk/MyPublicProfile.aspx?uc=2722445&profileTab=resources
How would I work out the range of values for which an expansion is valid?
Original post by Rubik-Cube
Personally i find Solomon papers to be a tad outdated, aswell as ruining your confidence.

But, if you do good in a Solomon paper you're probably likely to good in the real thing, but personally i think they aren't needed for a*. edexcel won't put something that is not on their specification.

Thing is with Solomon's, they are made to be harder than Edexcel's papers while still retaining their specification. They just put in the higher end questions which give you more experience in answering questions which could come up in Edexcel's exams as A* type questions. Sometimes edexcel do actually put in Solomon type questions but just tweak them so that they're not the same.

First, show the two lines intersecting at point B,and also label the points A and B on the two lines L1 and L2. Then, show the origin (draw it anywhere but on L1 or L2) and the point D. Now, we know that OD must either be equal to OA + BC (using the triangle rule) or OC + BA. Hope it helps..
Hey guys how's everyone feeling for C4??

Also, what do you think are the 2 hardest C4 papers??
how would you find x for part b????
Original post by Tow
Hey guys how's everyone feeling for C4??

Also, what do you think are the 2 hardest C4 papers??

This year's paper is going to be tough imo. My main concern is a difficult vectors or differential equations question coming up, but I'm feeling fairly confident with the other topics. Last year's paper seems to be harder than other past papers.
Original post by studentwiz

Put 1-9/8x=0.71, and solve. Btw, is the answer 19.2280?

I think I recall this question, what paper is it from?
Original post by 123456789012
Put 1-9/8x=0.71, and solve. Btw, is the answer 19.2280?

no x=0.1 dont know how:frown:

Original post by randlemcmurphy
I think I recall this question, what paper is it from?

June 2013 R

June 2013 R

10^3=1000 factor it out we get 7.q equating we get x=0.1 plug it back in multiply by 10 then you get 19.......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
10^3=1000 factor it out we get 7.q equating we get x=0.1 plug it back in multiply by 10 then you get 19.......

Posted from TSR Mobile

what's 7.q

Sorry, my bad; I made it too complicated. 8-9x=7.1, and then solve...
Reply 554
Original post by LukeTownsend123
https://www.tes.co.uk/MyPublicProfile.aspx?uc=2722445&profileTab=resources Download the C4 Edexcel revision, best resource I've seen for C4 in a long while

Thanks m8
Original post by 123456789012
This year's paper is going to be tough imo. My main concern is a difficult vectors or differential equations question coming up, but I'm feeling fairly confident with the other topics. Last year's paper seems to be harder than other past papers.

Vectors is incredibly easy.

Everyone thinks it's hard because they didn't do it at AS but really they can only ask you like 6 things and then you just need to use some basic trig to answer the harder questions.

If vectors is the 'hardest' question in the exam, count yourself lucky xD
Reply 556
Original post by LukeTownsend123
https://www.tes.co.uk/MyPublicProfile.aspx?uc=2722445&profileTab=resources Download the C4 Edexcel revision, best resource I've seen for C4 in a long while

Saving for later

Original post by Tow

Everyone thinks it's hard because they didn't do it at AS but really they can only ask you like 6 things and then you just need to use some basic trig to answer the harder questions.

I personally find vectors to be okay. I don't find it too difficult or too easy. How's your prep going for C4 anyways?

Also, try question 6D from AQA Maths June 2013 C4. It's one of those 'difficult' vectors questions. :P
Original post by Tow

I agree, vectors isn't actually that hard. Once you do literally every C4 paper since 2005 you'll realise the same questions come up year after year and none of them are hard if you know how to do them!
Reply 559
Original post by bbadonde2
I agree, vectors isn't actually that hard. Once you do literally every C4 paper since 2005 you'll realise the same questions come up year after year and none of them are hard if you know how to do them!

i can usually do most of them but the last part of the question i usually drop half of the marks, its 2 or 3 most of the time but still

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending