The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jcassidius
For my AS media coursework I was marked at 91/100 and on results day I found out it had been marked down to 75/100. This obviously came as a shock to me as It was a 16 mark deficit. However later I found out that my whole class had been marked down by 16 marks as a result of her not knowing the course, Moreover in my A2 coursework my teacher didn't realise we had an evaluation to do, until last minute which was worth 20 marks. The reason I am writing this is to see If it is worth asking my school to write to my university about this issue, I am hoping to study TV Production and therefore media is a pivotal subject. I fully understand that the university may take no notice of it, but is it worth doing it to exhaust every option.Any help would be kindly appreciated.

No harm in it, I would.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No harm in it, I would.

I agree, I think its worth a go, can't do any harm. Whether the school will do it or not is a different matter. A selection of coursework will always be moderated and the marks can go up as well as down. Usually teachers are cautious of over marking for this reason. It sounds like your teachers over marked by quite a bit and so when a selection were sent off for moderating, the moderators picked up on this and then adjusted everyones marks down. Even if they had just over marked one of the ones which were moderated by quite a bit, it would have brought everyone's marks down. Seems unfair :frown:
Hi all,
If I don't do as well as i expected, Shall i resit the year?
I will have to resit the exams at A2 along with my A2 exams and that will be a lot of stress! Plus, I sort of know how the game works. If i resit I can make sure i'm on the track from the start of the year and make sure I get my grades and I can have a fresh start!
HOWEVER! What's worrying me is the new A-level reforms!!! The fact that it's all going to be linear next year and I'm scared that resitting might reduce my chance of getting into Russel group University!
Shall i Resit? I just want a genuine ideas and advice.
OR I can try my best work really hard at A2 and resits some AS subjects at the end of year to get back on the game!
What shall i do?
Thank you!
Original post by Rock-Sophie
Hi all,
If I don't do as well as i expected, Shall i resit the year?
I will have to resit the exams at A2 along with my A2 exams and that will be a lot of stress! Plus, I sort of know how the game works. If i resit I can make sure i'm on the track from the start of the year and make sure I get my grades and I can have a fresh start!
HOWEVER! What's worrying me is the new A-level reforms!!! The fact that it's all going to be linear next year and I'm scared that resitting might reduce my chance of getting into Russel group University!
Shall i Resit? I just want a genuine ideas and advice.
OR I can try my best work really hard at A2 and resits some AS subjects at the end of year to get back on the game!
What shall i do?
Thank you!
Depends on what grades you get. You can always resit just one module of the AS to try and up your grade. If, by any chance, you get a worse grade in your re-sit then your original grade will stand (i.e. highest grade stands) that way you don't have to re-sit the whole year. I've taken 2 re-sits this year (one module each from 2 subjects) and I've been offered a place at a RGroup Uni so its not that important. A friend has an unconditional offer at a RGroup uni and has re-sat one of his modules too. Hope that helps.
I dont know what to do anymore...

Im not surei even want to go to uni anymore, i dont think ill be any good there because i get so stressed and then depressed around exam periods, which is made 10x worse when im on my own, which will be university study in a nutshell really.

I genuinelyhave an interest in maths and physics, and i think i am smart enough to understand the content, but i just cant perform in and around exams :frown: (ie most of my a2 maths exams and stuff are next week and i cant even bring myself to revise)
Original post by Tibbz2
I dont know what to do anymore...

Im not surei even want to go to uni anymore, i dont think ill be any good there because i get so stressed and then depressed around exam periods, which is made 10x worse when im on my own, which will be university study in a nutshell really.

I genuinelyhave an interest in maths and physics, and i think i am smart enough to understand the content, but i just cant perform in and around exams :frown: (ie most of my a2 maths exams and stuff are next week and i cant even bring myself to revise)

I think everyone feels like this around exam times really. The best thing to do is not to over think about the future so much and to just focus on the closest obstacle (i.e. your A2 exams) in front of you. Make sure you leave space for relaxation and recovery as well as your revision.

Regarding the first bit of your post, you won't be on your own. You will make friends with people on your course, people in your halls or people you come across in your day to day life. They'll be there as a support mechanism. If things get too much, student services at Notts is great and they can hook you up with a personal 'buddy'.

So, I'd say don't think about it too much right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I think everyone feels like this around exam times really. The best thing to do is not to over think about the future so much and to just focus on the closest obstacle (i.e. your A2 exams) in front of you. Make sure you leave space for relaxation and recovery as well as your revision.

Regarding the first bit of your post, you won't be on your own. You will make friends with people on your course, people in your halls or people you come across in your day to day life. They'll be there as a support mechanism. If things get too much, student services at Notts is great and they can hook you up with a personal 'buddy'.

So, I'd say don't think about it too much right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is i never minded exams, its just recently that ive become ill physically and now mentally, and exams have then made things even worse, im notsure if it will get any better :s
What's wrong with all the quotes and everything?
What's wrong with all the quotes and everything?

Nothing's wrong for me.
Original post by Red Fox
Nothing's wrong for me.

No names show up, just a body of text :frown:
No names show up, just a body of text :frown:

I thought it might be a mobile thing but it seems to be fine on my phone too:dontknow:.
Original post by Red Fox
I thought it might be a mobile thing but it seems to be fine on my phone too:dontknow:.

1432673821485.jpg

Shows up like that
1432673821485.jpg

Shows up like that

Is that the mobile app? Probably a bug with that. I just went on the mobile web page to check.
Sooo excited to leave college!! :smile:

university here i come!! :d
Original post by Bunny2014
Sooo excited to leave college!! :smile:

university here i come!! :d

Where you going? :smile:
Original post by Nirgilis
Where you going? :smile:

Either Southampton if I get the grades or Portsmouth x :smile: wbu??
Original post by Bunny2014
Either Southampton if I get the grades or Portsmouth x :smile: wbu??

I'm coming to the end of my degree at the University of Warwick :wink: . I'm just a thread stalker - you guys are my minions under my protection in Study Help, so I like to get to know who I'm ruling looking after :ninja: :h:

What're you going to study? :smile: . What thing are you MOST looking forward to about University? :teeth:
Original post by Nirgilis
I'm coming to the end of my degree at the University of Warwick :wink: . I'm just a thread stalker - you guys are my minions under my protection in Study Help, so I like to get to know who I'm ruling looking after :ninja: :h:

What're you going to study? :smile: . What thing are you MOST looking forward to about University? :teeth:

Ah I see :smile: thats pretty amazing!! What degree did you do?

I am going to study English :smile: hope to anyway aha and Im looking forward to being independent, night life, meeting new people... long list haha x
Am I the only one who's not getting into uni this year?
Original post by Skill Twix
Am I the only one who's not getting into uni this year?

Where did you insure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest