The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I forgot to write my paper reference on my English paper, what shall I do?
Original post by Gilo98
Ngl, the fact that it was right next to Hitcher in the book was a factor in the decision :mmm:
No it doesn't! To be honest I think some of my comments were a little too farfetched :lol: Thank you :h:
Nice way to practice for OMAM is to find a list of themes in the novella and sit there with the book and see how long it takes you to find the extract you would chose to talk about the theme with the aim being to do it as quick as possible. I think for Section B though it's just a case of praying the night before :rofl:

Haha yeah, but the drum isn't really angry is it?
Ah I don't know, Ive failed all my exams already, nothings going how I wanted it to tbh.

I don't do OMAM, I do TKAM, which is awful cause its such a long book!!

But yeah, thanks for your advice:smile::smile:

What other exams do you have left??
Original post by Firenze26
Just do past papers and memorise formulas and rules, that's all you can really do. I think there's actually a thread about that and they were suggesting websites and videos in youtube.

What's your grade at the moment?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

Why does everyone say "ps, sorry for the horrible grammar" - your grammar is fine you needn't apologise about it! - its just everyone seems to be apologising, it isn't their faults so.

and yeah, I have just found the thread so thank you:smile::smile:
and my grade is a solid B x
Original post by Firenze26
Congrats :smile:, I can barely raise my grades even when I revise. I know what you mean by issues btw, one of my classes actually had four teachers who kept repeating the entire course. Luckily my latest teacher was pretty good but still, y'know.

Good luck on your exam, I hope you get the grade you wanted 😄

I moved classes in about November (down a set), because I kept walking out of the class because the teacher was being a bit mean to me and stuff and I couldn't handle it. And so I ended up with the head teacher for maths and it sucks and at the beginning I was barely in the class because I kept refusing to go because I just couldn't really deal with being in there. And so seeing at the time pastoral staff where already pretty involved with me, they helped with stuff. So pastoral ended up gently coaxing me into the lesson and also sitting in there with my sometimes when I found it really hard to go in... And so I was in maths more and more. But then my teacher got on the wrong side of me and I was already not in the right frame of mind that day and he ended up getting me excluded for a day because of my comments towards him.
So I was back to square one and although it was hard, I managed to get back to where I was before the exclusions eventually and I managed to pull my grade up a bit.
How many exams does everyone have left?
I have 4 :smile: (but only two subjects)
I know it's half term so it's the best time to revise! but make sure you relax a bit too :biggrin:
Original post by physicsamor
I know it's half term so it's the best time to revise! but make sure you relax a bit too :biggrin:

I have 12 :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

0.0 That is a lot, but I did all of my in the last two weeks (17 something exams) so that's probably why, or do you generally have a lot of exams?

i have 5 :smile:

2 maths,1 music, and 2 english.

i end on the 8th june
Reply 6488

I have 15 omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SolBower
I forgot to write my paper reference on my English paper, what shall I do?

Should be nothing to worry about. From what I know, the papers are collected in at the end in order so that the examinations officer can easily check to make sure the front details are filled in properly before sending them off.

If you're still worried, speak to your examinations officer. :smile:
Original post by guitaristemily
i have 5 :smile:

2 maths,1 music, and 2 english.

i end on the 8th june

I end on the 9th,I only have geography and maths, so I get to do a whole weeks revision on maths :smile: I think we are the lucky few.
I did all most ofmy exams before half term that's why :smile:
Hello guys, my name is River and I am taking Politics,History,English Lit and Psychology! I want to study History to a degree level at Oxford University but I am told Oxford is a lottery so if not I want to go to Manchester!
Message me if you have similar aspirations :smile:
Original post by drriversong
Hello guys, my name is River and I am taking Politics,History,English Lit and Psychology! I want to study History to a degree level at Oxford University but I am told Oxford is a lottery so if not I want to go to Manchester!
Message me if you have similar aspirations :smile:

I want to do Biochemistry at Uni, and Oxford would be pretty cool, yet it seems to good to be true. But there's no harm in putting it on your UCAS in sixth form, so why not ?

What other Unis are you thinking of going to ?
Original post by RadonGhost
I want to do Biochemistry at Uni, and Oxford would be pretty cool, yet it seems to good to be true. But there's no harm in putting it on your UCAS in sixth form, so why not ?

What other Unis are you thinking of going to ?

Wow you have got be a genius if you want to study biochemistry! I will put Oxford on my UCAS form as well but if I don't get in it won't be the end of the world :smile: If I can't get into Oxford then I will probably study Law at Exeter or History at Edinburgh, how about you?

I still have 9 left :frown:.

1 english lang, 2 maths, 1 RE, 2 Physics, 3 History,

Thanks for the advice, good luck on your exam :smile:
Original post by drriversong
Wow you have got be a genius if you want to study biochemistry! I will put Oxford on my UCAS form as well but if I don't get in it won't be the end of the world :smile: If I can't get into Oxford then I will probably study Law at Exeter or History at Edinburgh, how about you?

Places like Exeter and UCL also seem really good, and I wouldn't mind studying other subjects like Chemical engineering or Earth sciences at these Unis.
0.0 That is a lot, but I did all of my in the last two weeks (17 something exams) so that's probably why, or do you generally have a lot of exams?

Yeah I only had 9 in the past two weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had 14 exams in the past two weeks, only 9 left. I don't finish until the 19th of June :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Done 12 exams only 5 left 🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest