The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Yeah true - what is your general structure for part B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already posted my general structure, look back a page or so and you'll see it :smile:
Reply 1041
Original post by Tow
I've already posted my general structure, look back a page or so and you'll see it :smile:

Ah cool :smile: also, do you tend to revise the course of war for WW1/WW2? Or just the domestic social/political impact?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How could one revise for the Section B questions apart from doing past papers? x
Reply 1043
Original post by Bunny2014
How could one revise for the Section B questions apart from doing past papers? x

Have you got the MyRevisionNotes guide? There's good exercises with sources in each controversy chapter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Have you got the MyRevisionNotes guide? There's good exercises with sources in each controversy chapter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep Ive got that :smile: thanks! I may have a look now on it

Thanks for yesterday, i felt so demotivated :frown:
Reply 1045
yep Ive got that :smile: thanks! I may have a look now on it

Thanks for yesterday, i felt so demotivated :frown:

Ah good - let us know how you get on.

Don't worry! No reason to panic for this exam - you've got like two weeks from today. Plenty of time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm prepared to fail now haha I still can't make myself revise
Original post by CD223
Ah good - let us know how you get on.

Don't worry! No reason to panic for this exam - you've got like two weeks from today. Plenty of time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks sweetie :smile: I just need to cover the whole of the book now. Go through it making notes ect

Looking at past papers :frown: x
Reply 1048
Original post by cuppa
I'm prepared to fail now haha I still can't make myself revise

Two weeks and it will be over. You can do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1049
Thanks sweetie :smile: I just need to cover the whole of the book now. Go through it making notes ect

Looking at past papers :frown: x

Sounds good - keep at it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Sounds good - keep at it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks :smile: How's revision going with you??
How are you going to spend the next coming weeks leading up to the exam?
Reply 1051
Haha thanks :smile: How's revision going with you??
How are you going to spend the next coming weeks leading up to the exam?

I'm gonna go over my flash cards and read the revision guide :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm gonna go over my flash cards and read the revision guide :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im going to make revision cards :colondollar: then I'm going to read them, write some plans and maybe write some essays leading up to the exam to prep my timings x
Reply 1053
Im going to make revision cards :colondollar: then I'm going to read them, write some plans and maybe write some essays leading up to the exam to prep my timings x

That sounds good! My cards took my ages because I put loads of info on them - which might sound good but it's not as it takes ages to read them and is even more boring :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That sounds good! My cards took my ages because I put loads of info on them - which might sound good but it's not as it takes ages to read them and is even more boring :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, but you will do extremely well :smile: I need to get a B so fingers crossed aha x
Why did the Edeleweiss pirates ect oppose Hitler's regimes? x
Reply 1056
Why did the Edeleweiss pirates ect oppose Hitler's regimes? x

They were a youth group. Increased militarisation of the Hitler Jugend (Hitler Youth), which was compulsory from 1936 brought greater resentment from the youth who didn't want to join

During the war, 'swing' groups were formed. These were young people who rejected Nazi values, drank alcohol and danced to jazz. More violent groups were called the Edelweiss Pirates. They daubed anti-Nazi slogans, sheltered deserters and beat up Nazi officials. In 1944, the Cologne Pirates (the Edelweiss Pirates based in Cologne) killed the Gestapo chief, so the Nazis publicly hanged 12 of them.

They weren't fundamentally opposed to Nazism on ideological grounds, it was more a case of being against Nazi oppression and living under a dictatorship.

When more men were called up to serve during the war, opposition increased as absence of a father provoked greater delinquency (drinking, gambling, sexual promiscuity, assaulting HJ members) amongst the youth.

The Edelweiss pirates didn't pose a great threat to Hitler as they were small in number, detached from Hitler and the wider public opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
They were a youth group. Increased militarisation of the Hitler Jugend (Hitler Youth), which was compulsory from 1936 brought greater resentment from the youth who didn't want to join

During the war, 'swing' groups were formed. These were young people who rejected Nazi values, drank alcohol and danced to jazz. More violent groups were called the Edelweiss Pirates. They daubed anti-Nazi slogans, sheltered deserters and beat up Nazi officials. In 1944, the Cologne Pirates (the Edelweiss Pirates based in Cologne) killed the Gestapo chief, so the Nazis publicly hanged 12 of them.

They weren't fundamentally opposed to Nazism on ideological grounds, it was more a case of being against Nazi oppression and living under a dictatorship.

When more men were called up to serve during the war, opposition increased as absence of a father provoked greater delinquency (drinking, gambling, sexual promiscuity, assaulting HJ members) amongst the youth.

The Edelweiss pirates didn't pose a great threat to Hitler as they were small in number, detached from Hitler and the wider public opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: so weren't a major threat to the Nazi regime but were a form of opposition. How was the army a threat to the nazi regime?

Thanks x
Reply 1058
Thanks :smile: so weren't a major threat to the Nazi regime but were a form of opposition. How was the army a threat to the nazi regime?

Thanks x

Yeah exactly.

By 1939 the army were integrated into the Nazi regime. They swore an oath of allegiance to Hitler personally. The stunning Blitzkrieg victories in Poland and Europe in 1940 amongst the "Low Countries" undermined any form of opposition from the army.

However, the army formed various groups that opposed Hitler in a number of ways.

In 1943, a nationwide opposition movement initiated, led by dissident generals due to the increased interference of the SS in military affairs, shock at the treatment of partisans and Jews, and the growing belief that Germany was losing the war post-Stalingrad.

In March 1943, a plot to kill Hitler called Operation Flash failed as a bomb failed to go off at the right moment. Gestapo agents arrested conspirators in the German Abwehr (Intelligence Unit).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Quite a lot to summarise aha, which is why I'm hoping its a nazi question instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher thinks that unit 6 (Nazi consolidation of power etc) and unit 9 (the final solution) is quite likely to come up. What do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending