The Student Room Group

Help choosing firm and insurance choice for Computer Science Bsc.

Hi TSR,
I have received offers from:
1) King's College London
2) Queen Mary's
3) City
4) Goldsmiths

And I wanted some advice on which one of the four I should pick as my firm choice and preferrably why. And coincidentally, which one I should then pick as my insurance choice.
Essentially Im just looking for some guidance on the Pro's and Cons of the Computer Science Degree at those 4 Uni's, so I have a better idea of what to choose as my firm and insurance choices.

My Predicted Grades: AAB
- Maths
- Computing
- Business

My early impressions are:
I think atm King's seems like a firm choice due to the reputation of the University itself. I have heard great things about King's and also heard that it offers the best graduate prospects out of the 4. And another plus point is that students claim it isn't a very Maths intensive CompSci course, unlike some unis (I just don't particularly enjoy doing Maths - although Im more than capable at it A grade one year early at GCSE, predicted A/B for A Level).

I don't know too much about Queen Mary's or City other than the fact that they are also very reputable Uni's, and offer decent graduate prospects.

Goldsmiths seems very intriguing. According to the league tables it is below the other 3 for Comp Sci, however its entry requirements are above both City and Queen Mary's (ABB > BBB). They also seem to have this aura about them that seems very welcoming and friendly, it seems like a nice place to go and study. But I am unsure about their graduate prospects.

Overall, if anyone is studying Comp Sci at these 4 Uni's, or even if you want to contribute something then I would really really really appreciate your advice. Thanks a Bunch in advance!
Thinking the same since I have offers from 3 of your 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
With those offers I wouldn't go to Goldsmith's. I agree it's good having a back up, but I work at Goldsmith's and it's definitely an arts uni. The comp labs are full of macs, which I wouldn't personally touch for programming. I'm starting an msc in comp sci in September; however, before I got on the msc I got accepted to Sheffield to do BSc comp sci through clearing. Just my opinion though and if it is a back up then it's fine, but I think the others would be much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You sgould just get married ..
Reply 4
Original post by unfathomableuser
You sgould just get married ..

Will you marry me, Dear UnfathomableUser? <3
Original post by Khal1l
Will you marry me, Dear UnfathomableUser? <3

My mum told me not too talkk to strangers. I'm Sorry.
Reply 6
My mum told me not too talkk to strangers. I'm Sorry.

Maybe, I'm not a stranger... I think you already know the answer to that...
(Damn that sounds Stalky... Don't mean it that way).
Original post by Khal1l
Maybe, I'm not a stranger... I think you already know the answer to that...
(Damn that sounds Stalky... Don't mean it that way).

I'm calling 999!
Reply 8
I'm calling 999!

Alright, just give me a heads up like a minute before you do, the phone's in the office next door...
Original post by Khal1l
Alright, just give me a heads up like a minute before you do, the phone's in the office next door...

Oh you are khadija from my class. hEY GIRL, SCared me there !
Reply 10
Oh you are khadija from my class. hEY GIRL, SCared me there !

Ahaha, you caught me girl :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending