Congrats to Cesc he deserves it

I know. And I'm going to let you all know that :wink:

CFyNlJmUsAAWIAK.jpg
Reply 841
Original post by The Shed End
I know. And I'm going to let you all know that :wink:

CFyNlJmUsAAWIAK.jpg

Do you have a video link to that?
too many variables to consider to suggest whether we have actually progressed or not, this season is basically the same as last but its clear our style of play has changed since then. i.e not being heavily reliant on one player (inb4 sanchez) especially since after new year and wenger becoming a tad more pragmatic. No real need to get rid of him based on this season, only shocking failure was the CL exit but other than that pretty average, would have liked 2nd and the cup but 3rd will do I guess.
Quote from Chelsea forum:

''Can tell Cesc really loves Chelsea', proper blue''

He's a Chelsea all time great as far as I'm concerned. That banner must come down.
Original post by atom y humber
He's a Chelsea all time great as far as I'm concerned. That banner must come down.

Still absolutely furious that roughly half of the Emirates gave him a reasonable reception at the Emirates. Probably the same lot who boo the team off after bad results an give Wenger abuse as well.

One of the all time snakes though for sure
Reply 846
Zurich's still #salty I see
I think we have progressed in terms of performances in big matches. Even when results haven't gone our way we still gave credible performances. I think we're much more competent going into big games
Original post by Zürich
Still absolutely furious that roughly half of the Emirates gave him a reasonable reception at the Emirates. Probably the same lot who boo the team off after bad results an give Wenger abuse as well.

One of the all time snakes though for sure

Gotta love how he kicked the guy in the head and acted all innocent.

Original post by sevchenko
I think we have progressed in terms of performances in big matches. Even when results haven't gone our way we still gave credible performances. I think we're much more competent going into big games

Hard to judge the season tbh. The progress in big game are a bit overemphasised because of last season's result which were outliers. Still can't win at SB and OT where our real issues lie and essentially we're playing a 36 game season.
If we win the Cup-Good season
If not-Completely average season.

We're in a good place though. As Ive said Wenger does these little cycles as players improve and understanding grows(obviously the RVP/Cesc/Nasri/Gallas generation were too full of kunts to actually achieve anything) and as we add steadily. Everyone knows Arsenal are about 2 key players away from the title so it's just a matter of having another good summer. Since we started spending again we've signed a world class player every summer and last year we spent £60m so clearly it's not true to say Arsene wont invest. The cup wins will help as well in getting a winning mentality into our players.

Id say we have a stronger chance than City/Utd of the title next time round.
Original post by atom y humber
Hard to judge the season tbh. The progress in big game are a bit overemphasised because of last season's result which were outliers. Still can't win at SB and OT where our real issues lie and essentially we're playing a 36 game season.

Considering the pressure we were under during that QF FA tie as the holders and away at OT I thought we played extremely well. The fear factor seems to have eroded a little bit, previous Arsenal squads would have crumbled under the pressure imo.

We were quite solid during the 2-0 lost to chelsea, we struggled to create chances really. In the end they had that extra bit of quality which won they the game. Next season we can go there with more than a decent chance.
Reply 851
I.E He spent £42m on Ozil when we could have bought Suarez for around £50m

And then he failed to sign a CB, DM and striker(up until Welbeck........) in a season we really should have strengthened.

Wenger will spend, no doubt. But we'll be short next season, and the following, and the following...
Original post by sevchenko
Considering the pressure we were under during that QF FA tie as the holders and away at OT I thought we played extremely well. The fear factor seems to have eroded a little bit, previous Arsenal squads would have crumbled under the pressure imo.

We were quite solid during the 2-0 lost to chelsea, we struggled to create chances really. In the end they had that extra bit of quality which won they the game. Next season we can go there with more than a decent chance.

Next season we should go to SB with 100% determined to play out a 0-0 draw, just like they do at the Emirates. When we get the ball just play it sideways in our own half for extended periods, **** em. Wenger shouldnt feel obliged to be proactive
Original post by AR_95
I.E He spent £42m on Ozil when we could have bought Suarez for around £50m

We would not have sold to you.

You could and should have bought Higuain, however.
When Wenger leaves who would you guys like to see take the position?

Purely hypothetical scenario but considering these managers are available and willing;

Klopp
Guardiola
Ancelotti
Simeone
Reply 855
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

Yh but my point stands in that he failed to address what we really needed

If it wasn't for Gerrard tbh :frown:

It's absolutely clear at thie stage that Suarez did have an exit clause which Arsenal met, but that after you lot flat refused to honour it, Arsenal decided they didnt fancy bringing it to court(which would have taken months and months anyway) and Suarez realised he was stuck. Liverpool had nothing to lose really by weaselling anyway and it worked so fair play really

Had Arsenal signed Suarez he'd still be at Barca btw except Arsenal would have won the title and pocketed the £80m instead
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
It's absolutely clear at thie stage that Suarez did have an exit clause which Arsenal met, but that after you lot flat refused to honour it, Arsenal decided they didnt fancy bringing it to court(which would have taken months and months anyway) and Suarez realised he was stuck. Liverpool had nothing to lose really by weaselling anyway and it worked so fair play really

Had Arsenal signed Suarez he'd still be at Barca btw except Arsenal would have won the title and pocketed the £80m instead

I think you'd have some trouble bringing it to court and explaining how you'd have got a hold of the information that he did have the clause. Btw, I don't think it was watertight. I cbf to go back through google and remember the discontinuity between John Henry's 'revelations' and the explanation provided by Liverpool insiders, as to why the transfer didn't happen, but it wasn't watertight.

And yeah, he would. He's too good not to play for Barca or Madrid, and his wife's family have lived in Barcelona for 15 years so it makes sense. He only started playing football properly so that he could earn a move to Europe to be closer to her.
false.

liverpool had a good faith clause.

while these clauses are honoured in continental Europe, notably in Germany; they have no standing in the UK.

@Lyrical Prodigy: thoughts.

Latest