The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by Bunny2014
Sorry that might be my fault aha

I mean could there be two questions on the Second Reich and none on the Nazi consolidation or Nazi rise to power ect?? x

It's possible although unlikely. They could pick two questions from the same section. It's never happened but it could.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
It's possible although unlikely. They could pick two questions from the same section. It's never happened but it could.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im going to pray it won't happen :frown: x

That would ruin me so badly unless of course its to do with Nazi consolidation or Nazi based :smile:
Reply 1082
Im going to pray it won't happen :frown: x

That would ruin me so badly unless of course its to do with Nazi consolidation or Nazi based :smile:

I'm sure it will be Nazi related. The last two years haven't. I can't see it going 3 years without.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm sure it will be Nazi related. The last two years haven't. I can't see it going 3 years without.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was on Nazi war efficiency so it may not be on the Nazis this year :frown:
June 2010:· ‘Hitler became Chancellor in January 1933 because he was leader of the most popular party in Germany.’ How far do youagree with this opinion?·

‘The Final Solution evolved because of thechaotic nature of the Nazi Regime in the years 1939–42.’ How far do you agreewith this opinion?·

‘German aggression was responsible for the outbreak of a general European war in August 1914.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?·

To what extent do you agree with the view thatHitler was ‘a non-interventionist dictator’ (Source 4, line 32)?

June 2011:· To what extent was the effective government of Germany in the years 1919–33 handicapped by the nature of the WeimarConstitution?·

To what extent did the Nazi Regime face seriousopposition within Germany during the years 1939–45?·

To what extent was the nature of the SchlieffenPlan responsible for the outbreak of a general European war in August 1914?·

How far do you agree that Hitler’s Regime was a‘consensus dictatorship’ (Source 4, line 36)?

June 2012:· To what extent was Germany a parliamentarydemocracy in the years 1900–14?·

The transformation in the fortunes of the NaziParty in the years 1930–33 was largely because of Hitler’s remarkable talentsas a politician.’ How far do you agree with this opinion?·

‘The First World War did not arise primarily asa result of planned German aggression.’ How far do you agree with this opinion?·

‘Hitler was a dictator who did not dictate.’ Howfar do you agree with this opinion?

June 2013:· To what extent did the social and politicaltensions that existed within the Second Reich increase during the First WorldWar?·

How far do you agree that the new WeimarRepublic was seriously threatened by political extremists in the years 1919–24?·

‘The First World War arose primarily as a resultof German aggression.’ How far do you agree with this opinion?·

How far do you agree with the view that ‘After1933 most Germans readily accepted the Führer, Adolf Hitler’ (Source 4, line30)?

June 2014:· How far do you agree with the view that, in theyears 1919–29, the democratic experiment in Germany must be seen as a success?·

Nazi war production in the years 1939–45 was essentially inefficient.’·

To what extent were the decisions made byGermany’s leaders responsible for the outbreak of the First World War?·

How far do you agree that the Nazi regime wasgenuinely popular in Germany in the years 1933–39?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1085
Last year it was on Nazi war efficiency so it may not be on the Nazis this year :frown:

Sorry yeah - when I said Nazis I meant pre-WW2. I think it will be more focused on the party this year, and it's rise or consolidation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Sorry yeah - when I said Nazis I meant pre-WW2. I think it will be more focused on the party this year, and it's rise or consolidation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough :biggrin: x

I hope its on consolidation, would these points be okay for it?

Reichstag Fire

Election results

Enabling Act- veneer of legality

Night of the Long Knives

Propaganda
Reply 1087
Fair enough :biggrin: x

I hope its on consolidation, would these points be okay for it?

Reichstag Fire

Election results

Enabling Act- veneer of legality

Night of the Long Knives

Propaganda

I would get rid of Night of the Long Knives as the spec for Consolidation in part A doesn't require it. (It references events up to July 1933).

Put the Reichstag Fire under Veneer of Legality, or do what I'd do and add a paragraph on Terror/Violence and include it there as an excuse to violently round up opponents :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Change:
YES - Politics: Political responsibility of Reichstag change/Kaiser abdicates/October Reforms
YES - Society: Workers' councils, Kiel Mutiny, Spartacist/Bavarian uprisings
NO - Politics: Junkers still dominate, Ebert Groener Pact/Stinnes Legien Agreement
NO: Society: Plurality of interests/pressure groups, Civil Service/Judiciary/Army unreformed

Above or below:
ABOVE: Ebert Groener Pact/Stinnes Legien Agreement, October Reforms
BELOW: Workers' councils, Kiel Mutiny, Spartacist/Bavarian uprisings

Any other ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would be a Q for change?
Reply 1089
Original post by Tow
What would be a Q for change?

"The German revolution 1918-1919 brought about remarkably little change in Germany." How far do you agree?

What would your plans be for these two questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I would get rid of Night of the Long Knives as the spec for Consolidation in part A doesn't require it. (It references events up to July 1933).

Put the Reichstag Fire under Veneer of Legality, or do what I'd do and add a paragraph on Terror/Violence and include it there as an excuse to violently round up opponents :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: could you possibly show me the spec please? x
The Second Reich society and government in Germany,c1900-19: economic expansion; political and social tensions; theimpact of the First World War. n The democratic experiment, 1919-29: crises and survival,1919-24; Stresemann and recovery; the ‘Golden Years’ of theWeimar Republic; Weimar culture. n The rise of the Nazis: origins to 1928; impact of the slump intown and country, 1928-33; growing support; coming to power. n Life in wartime Germany, 1939-45: opposition and conformity;persecution of the Jews and the development of the idea of the‘Final Solution’; the efficiency of the war economy. Associated controversies a) To what extent was Germany responsible for the outbreak of theFirst World War? b) How popular and efficient was the Nazi regime in the years1933-39?
This is the specification i just found so what do you mean by not including the night of the long knives in Hitler consolidating power?
Original post by CD223
Same. As much as I promise myself I'll get something done, I never do on work days. Hoping today is productive :smile:

Ah, I may give that impression but I genuinely don't :wink:

Yeah true - what is your general structure for part B?

I'm also never sure how much to revise for part B as most of it is source analysis -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Learn the evidence for and against each theory
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Davies?
How did Hitler consolidate power?

Can someone help me with what to put down as my key points:

1.) Reichstag Fire
2.)Night of the Long knives possibly?
3.)Elections?

Thanks x

Hi! My teacher gives us a list of the main points to use in our arguments. The question was 'Nazi consolidation of power in 1933 was primarily due to the use of terror and violence' how far do you agree with this judgement?
The points we used were:
Terror and Violence
Weakness of Opposition ( you could also add how Hindenburg thought he could control Hitler and that played into Hitler's hands)
Enabling Act
Propaganda
Support of the conservatives - although I can never find enough to say on this!
Anyway hope this helps a bit
Original post by tessimoghaddam
Hi! My teacher gives us a list of the main points to use in our arguments. The question was 'Nazi consolidation of power in 1933 was primarily due to the use of terror and violence' how far do you agree with this judgement?
The points we used were:
Terror and Violence
Weakness of Opposition ( you could also add how Hindenburg thought he could control Hitler and that played into Hitler's hands)
Enabling Act
Propaganda
Support of the conservatives - although I can never find enough to say on this!
Anyway hope this helps a bit

Thank you :smile: thats great :biggrin:

So would terror and violence involve the night of long knives?? x

Oh god, support from the conservatives seems a little hard to explain too :frown: what points did you have?
Conservative support is a hard paragraph... I feel like I'd join it to another one maybe. But I'd mention von Papen and Hindenburg (how they allowed RFD and Enabling Act; how naïve von Papen was in thinking he can control Hitler) and the industrialists' funding ie the 3mil Reichsmarks.
Original post by cuppa
Conservative support is a hard paragraph... I feel like I'd join it to another one maybe. But I'd mention von Papen and Hindenburg (how they allowed RFD and Enabling Act; how naïve von Papen was in thinking he can control Hitler) and the industrialists' funding ie the 3mil Reichsmarks.

Thank you :smile: Quick question... would you include the night of the long knives? x
Original post by Tow
Imagine if Edexcel was watching this post and saw that we predicted Nazi consolidation and then decided to change it last minute xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can Edexcel do that? :O
Original post by tessimoghaddam
Can Edexcel do that? :O

No they can't haha, the exam questions have already been set :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending